Always better to leave space between sleds

WinderFab

Ouch!

Hate to see someone get hurt, or equipment damaged, but that's what happens when you ride beyond your limits. How much more trail do they need? See tracks off the trail in the bush all the time and can only imagine how out of control some people are. 

6 minutes ago, Crow said:

See tracks off the trail in the bush all the time and can only imagine how out of control some people are. 

Funny you mention that, while out for a ride this past Saturday, I noticed Three or four spots on one of the trails by my house  where it looks like a sled just went straight off the trial on corners. Makes you wonder and gets your attention that's for sure.

Some of the things you see from the groomer seat makes you just shake your head.

Imagine if you will, twisty section of bush trail after leaving a ditch section that isn't fast or flat either, this rider makes it around several corners that are there because of the large trees. Finally glanced off of a tree on the right side and square into a tree on the left. Must have been surprised that there were still trees in that bush? Or marking the ones we need to remove, just forgot the spray paint.

Wish I had seen this earlier. Could have used it at Driver Training last night.

I've ridden with guys who seem to think it's "fun" to carve their own path just off the trail edge. Never really understood the appeal. I consider myself a Trail Rider....not a "Near-Trail Rider". And, my bad, I burst out laughing the first time I watched this. 

Ok 

I saw this totally different:

The sled filming was trying to overtake the sled ahead of him, hence the reason he was on the left side of the trail.

The sled that was being overtaken was trying to stay as far to the right as he could.

The sled that was being overtaken hit a stump at the right edge of the trail, causing him to be thrown from the sled and the sled spun to the left and into the overtaking sled.

or maybe I'm seeing it wrong???

The video brings a new meaning to the signs that say "Stay on the trail"

2 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Ok 

I saw this totally different:

The sled filming was trying to overtake the sled ahead of him, hence the reason he was on the left side of the trail.

The sled that was being overtaken was trying to stay as far to the right as he could.

The sled that was being overtaken hit a stump at the right edge of the trail, causing him to be thrown from the sled and the sled spun to the left and into the overtaking sled.

or maybe I'm seeing it wrong???

I'm seeing differently.  I see 2 idiots going way too fast, one on the wrong side of the trail and the other not in control of his sled .... the trailing sled is filming him and his buddy, not overtaking.  One hits the stump and the other hits him.  2 idiots doing way too many things wrong simultaneously.

They both got what they deserved, injuries or not.

And before you all get up in arms over my opinion, if they were both doing 50 km/h on their own side of the trail, none of this would have happened.  They broke the rules, and got instant karma for it.

BTW Claire Voyant, I didn't laugh ... I shook my head in dismay.

55 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I'm seeing differently.  I see 2 idiots going way too fast, one on the wrong side of the trail and the other not in control of his sled .... the trailing sled is filming him and his buddy, not overtaking.  One hits the stump and the other hits him.  2 idiots doing way too many things wrong simultaneously.

They both got what they deserved, injuries or not.

And before you all get up in arms over my opinion, if they were both doing 50 km/h on their own side of the trail, none of this would have happened.  They broke the rules, and got instant karma for it.

BTW Claire Voyant, I didn't laugh ... I shook my head in dismay.

How come you and i never had this issue, on our run to Hornepayne and back..:evil2:.. ..

When you looked back to make sure it was me, i could swear i seen the colour of your eyes...:icon_steer::rotflmao:

Look at the body position of the guy that goes into the stump. He has no control over that sled. His skis are cranked to the left, he is leaning to the right, he is sled is pushing, he did not get on the brake to transfer weight to the skis. the way I see it is he got too far to the left in a sweeping corner, was unable to maintain his line, was unable to correct due to poor riding skills and reaped the rewards of his behavior. I do not think he was riding off the trail on purpose, 

Videos pretty damn entertaining thank you

28 minutes ago, zoso said:

was unable to correct due to poor riding skills

Yea he had a lot of time to correct. I think he had target fixation 

6 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

How come you and i never had this issue, on our run to Hornepayne and back..:evil2:.. ..

When you looked back to make sure it was me, i could swear i seen the colour of your eyes...:icon_steer::rotflmao:

I knew it was you  ...  I could hear the injector solenoids clicking ... 

:D :cheers:

A) I know that I seen this on The Groomer Guy's or ??? page in the last cpl of days, and I could'a swore that it was in the daylight! :?:

B; Fussin' aboot the guy on the left? Are you kidd'n me? You can see a half a click ahead! Especially if this IS at night!

Is that just to pick everything apart? And y'all never slid off to the side - and just got lucky and didn't find a land mine at the time?

C) I've been puting a ski off the trail as much as possible since I was 9 yrs old! Not gunna apologies for that in any way.

D) I beat this vid a few yrs ago in Colorado. Following a chum up the mtn trail of loose snow. I had a head of steam on - too much...

Chum uncovered a land mine and I was headed right for it. I got on the binders, but all that steam wasn't shut'n down and I couldn't git her turned away in time.

Left ski hit land mine. Sent sled into clockwise helix. Right ski hit next land mine on same side of trail while in air/upside down. 

Took out many parts. Had to make a run into Gunnison to grave yard to fetch parts. Back on snow next day!

EDIT:

Yeah, it's on TGG's page, but it IS in the dark there too.

EDIT II:

Also - he's holding his spot just fine. He even looks like he's let up on the turn prior even.

He was NOT overdriving. He was NOT headed into the bush. He was right where he intended to be.

[speculation]

He just wanted a new machine, and the wifey said that the one that he has is just fine.

So - stump or fire at the gas pump?

He seen that the fire didn't total them out always, and it looks more like fraud.

Who's gunna question a stump hit at 50 klicks?

[/speculation]

BTW - a "B" with a ")" right behind it get's you sumpthing that I did not want.

Archived