2020 Yamahas

Bigfish

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/?group=SM

Somewhat disappointed with the 2020 lineup.

Lots of different Sidewinders and Vipers, but not much else.

Oh, there is the Transporter a 599cc 2-smoke, which IMO is a step backward

Not a fan of 2 strokes.

24 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/?group=SM

Somewhat disappointed with the 2020 lineup.

Lots of different Sidewinders and Vipers, but not much else.

Oh, there is the Transporter a 599cc 2-smoke, which IMO is a step backward

Not a fan of 2 strokes.

I would have to disagree. Touring Turbo model is new. Three of the four two up touring models are traditional Yamaha; I think your TF just increased in value. Brought back the Viper to the line up. Oh, from what I noticed no sled is available in their power surge spring order only! Unlike last year from Yamaha and special order from the other OEM's this year. 

4 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Here I thought Ski Doo's 2020 were disappointing.:mrgreen:

Then buy a Polaris 

I think it's good yamaha has a 2-stroke again

IMO

1 hour ago, Sledguy74 said:

I think it's good yamaha has a 2-stroke again

IMO

That engine is a cat engine, not a Yamaha.

man those sleds sure are priced high. Not much of a line up either.

Oh well

3 minutes ago, gobills said:

Yamaha transporter 2 stroke.  Maybe just maybe are they going to get back into the 800 mil market??

First, they need to make a 2 stroke engine. Not use a cat engine. Might as well just buy a cat and save $3k if they do that. 

i would buy a cat at crazy discounted prices before ever paying yamaha price.The 2020 yamahas seem ridiculously high to me.

6 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

First, they need to make a 2 stroke engine. Not use a cat engine. Might as well just buy a cat and save $3k if they do that. 

Pretty much buying any yamaha except the venture old chassis and the VK, you can get the same sled with cat decals for way less money. Not sure why anyone buys a yamaha these days. And if you wait until mid feb cat will take 5 grand off their latest turbo models. Buy a thundercat for 14k or a sidewinder for 21k two months earlier. That is an expensive two months of riding.

i was wondering if it was a cat engine..........that too bad 

guess we were all hoping for a yamaha 2 stroke

3 hours ago, zoso said:

Pretty much buying any yamaha except the venture old chassis and the VK, you can get the same sled with cat decals for way less money. Not sure why anyone buys a yamaha these days. And if you wait until mid feb cat will take 5 grand off their latest turbo models. Buy a thundercat for 14k or a sidewinder for 21k two months earlier. That is an expensive two months of riding.

Where are you buying a Thundercat for 14k??? And 21k for a Sidewinder is a bit of a stretch... Not saying they are cheap, but the gap to any other top of the line high hp sled is really not that big. Especially if you get one with the 0% finance, which I have yet to see from another manufacture.

On Cat's website the T-Cat is $16395, the Yamaha SRX is $20799. I know which one I'd be buying.

And what Zoso is saying is that Cat is notorious for slashing prices near the end of the season and finding a T-Cat for $14k next spring is highly likely.

Have a look over at Country Corners website. They are slashing prices to move the left overs.

45 minutes ago, IndyIan said:

Where are you buying a Thundercat for 14k??? And 21k for a Sidewinder is a bit of a stretch... Not saying they are cheap, but the gap to any other top of the line high hp sled is really not that big. Especially if you get one with the 0% finance, which I have yet to see from another manufacture.

https://www.rocklandwheels.ca/inventory/2019-arctic-cat-zr-9000-137-ltd-rockland-on-k4k-1m6-2568321i

8 minutes ago, zoso said:

https://aber-sno.com/new-models/2019-arctic-cat-zr-9000-limited-137-black-26570

I was basing my comparison off of MSRP, they are very close... Arctic cat definitely seems to have lots of left over inventory to clear out. I look forward to hearing back from them tomorrow on the price OTD!

2 minutes ago, IndyIan said:

https://aber-sno.com/new-models/2019-arctic-cat-zr-9000-limited-137-black-26570

I was basing my comparison off of MSRP, they are very close... Arctic cat definitely seems to have lots of left over inventory to clear out. I look forward to hearing back from them tomorrow on the price OTD!

Well if you read my post i indicated if you wait 2 months after the season starts you will save 7k buying a cat.

6 minutes ago, zoso said:

Well if you read my post i indicated if you wait 2 months after the season starts you will save 7k buying a cat.

Ya I hear what your saying, but you also won't be spending MSRP on a Sidewinder, or any sled 2 months into the season either. 

6 minutes ago, IndyIan said:

Ya I hear what your saying, but you also won't be spending MSRP on a Sidewinder, or any sled 2 months into the season either. 

ya, yamaha will give you a 500 dollar discount and tell you how great a deal it is. yamaha offered no real discounts last season, instead they simply strangled supply and cut models. Cat has a bad habit of over producing and dumping them cheap while still in the same model year season. cat resale sucks due to this. Spring order a cat and get stung bad.

7 minutes ago, zoso said:

ya, yamaha will give you a 500 dollar discount and tell you how great a deal it is. yamaha offered no real discounts last season, instead they simply strangled supply and cut models. Cat has a bad habit of over producing and dumping them cheap while still in the same model year season. cat resale sucks due to this. Spring order a cat and get stung bad.

I guess I got lucky on my deal than haha... Buying a Sidewinder over the Thundercat was certainly a no brainer, glad I didn't wait until 2020.

2 hours ago, IndyIan said:

I guess I got lucky on my deal than haha... Buying a Sidewinder over the Thundercat was certainly a no brainer, glad I didn't wait until 2020.

Why, they are the same sled with different decals.

arctic cat dumping sleds mid season is going to change,not doing it after this year,textron is going to stop over producing and dumping leftovers.

Archived