Unwind Neck Warmer

revrnd

NeckcoverB.jpg.369e9c652a2cf6d84dabb0c185383433.jpg

I used their balaclava for the 1st time during the Great Big Loop trip & was quite happy w/ it. I see the also make a neck warmer. I'm considering buying 1 to replace a woolen 1 that I have. Does anyone use 1 & what can you say about the sizing. I don't know of any local retailers that have any in stock. I'd hate to order 1 only to find it sized incorrectly.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

I used their balaclava for the 1st time during the Great Big Loop trip & was quite happy w/ it. I see the also make a neck warmer. I'm considering buying 1 to replace a woolen 1 that I have. Does anyone use 1 & what can you say about the sizing. I don't know of any local retailers that have any in stock. I'd hate to order 1 only to find it sized incorrectly.

Looked at a similar neck protector revrnd, but I am thinking the tube part would scrunch and fold down with your jacket collar and helmet strap leaving your neck and throat especially vulnerable to wind infiltration. I just picked up an inexpensive ($14) balaclava with an extension down over the neck onto the chest- will let you know how it works next time things are -20 or so.

I use a cotton balaclava for inside the helmet that I got from Royal. For my neck though I just use a knit tube neck warmer similar to this. The jacket collar comes up and seals well. The top edge tucks up under the helmet and extends over the chin. Never been cold.

CaptureN.JPG.bcb4e4c4ac9cfcb7193c3daeda3d3a70.JPG

I wear one of the unwind balaclava from Royal. Love it. Long neck windproof skirt on it front and back. It works well. With that and a cotton neck one I was fine in Quebec early this year when it was -37. Liner jacket went on after the balaclava to keep it from getting out of place. Neck one over that and pulled up over the chin then sinch the helmet up to hold it in place. Tucked the jacket up nice and I was golden. 

43 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

I wear one of the unwind balaclava from Royal. Love it. Long neck windproof skirt on it front and back. It works well. With that and a cotton neck one I was fine in Quebec early this year when it was -37. Liner jacket went on after the balaclava to keep it from getting out of place. Neck one over that and pulled up over the chin then sinch the helmet up to hold it in place. Tucked the jacket up nice and I was golden. 

I should've mentioned that irREVerent said that he had the missus had been using them for several years. Evil had told them about the balaclava.

On 2/27/2019 at 7:11 PM, 02Sled said:

I use a cotton balaclava for inside the helmet that I got from Royal. For my neck though I just use a knit tube neck warmer similar to this. The jacket collar comes up and seals well. The top edge tucks up under the helmet and extends over the chin. Never been cold.

CaptureN.JPG.bcb4e4c4ac9cfcb7193c3daeda3d3a70.JPG

You look a lot different than I thought you would look :shock:

I use the UnWind balaclava, cold neck is a thing of the past. I wish they made gloves. 

Archived