Just when the Southern Ontario was getting good again

hancop

22 minutes ago, hancop said:

Here we go again, southern Ontario was looking pretty good but will be completely wiped out by EOD Sunday again ):

Yep, it sucks! I got out Tuesday luckily and the Port Perry trails were mint! I was hoping, earlier in the week, to get out today but with the weather forecast I knew it likely wasn't going to happen. The computer weather, or Environment Canada weather, shows +4 Sunday with snow/rain mix but the weather network on T.V is showing +8-9! Not that that matters a whole lot, but with it being almost March, I may have just got my last local ride in? :mad:

ya i was out this past Sunday and went from Uxbridge to Haliburton and back and it was excellent. Was hoping to do some more trips from Uxbridge/Port Perry but may not happen now. Oh well the North still has to much snow so will probably plan another 4-5 trip in March for the North :)

22 minutes ago, hancop said:

ya i was out this past Sunday and went from Uxbridge to Haliburton and back and it was excellent. Was hoping to do some more trips from Uxbridge/Port Perry but may not happen now. Oh well the North still has to much snow so will probably plan another 4-5 trip in March for the North :)

I tried to make it to the Ganny but encountered some pretty rough trails east so I headed back not wanting to take the chance the Ganny wasn't any good? I thought about heading north from there to try the island trails but it showed red sections on the map, plus I checked out the field just north of the CH and seen how bare it was so I decided against it. I got a later than normal start than I was hoping to so I just tried the Bagdad trail and and 108 east and west a few times then called it a day. I was able to play with my suspension settings and I still did around 90 kms so the day wasn't wasted as it was definitely nice to get out. 

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I tried to make it to the Ganny but encountered some pretty rough trails east so I headed back not wanting to take the chance the Ganny wasn't any good? I thought about heading north from there to try the island trails but it showed red sections on the map, plus I checked out the field just north of the CH and seen how bare it was so I decided against it. I got a later than normal start than I was hoping to so I just tried the Bagdad trail and and 108 east and west a few times then called it a day. I was able to play with my suspension settings and I still did around 90 kms so the day wasn't wasted as it was definitely nice to get out. 

My daughter and I rode from Port to Bewdley on Monday.  Port was excellent, Ganny was a little rough at the start but got much better.  Lots of sleds out.  Beautiful day for riding.

Hope that's not it for this area

Uxbridge to Halliburton on Friday 325 kms total, open fields are scratchy in places pinery trail great as usual rail trails were little bumps to 100 mph. Family Day Uxbridge / Beaverton to B104 to Pinery trails /Fenelon Fall Few spots were bad one around Norland. Great trails by all the clubs! Not much traffic any where.225 kms

IMG_0146 (1).JPG

8 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

My daughter and I rode from Port to Bewdley on Monday.  Port was excellent, Ganny was a little rough at the start but got much better.  Lots of sleds out.  Beautiful day for riding.

Hope that's not it for this area

I figured Monday would have been busy so that is why I decided on Tuesday. When I encountered some rough trails south of Long Sault and beyond, I said screw it and headed back towards Port. Those trails were in great condition as usual so I just rode them. I seen a few peeps out and it was a bluebird day so I am not complaining whatsoever. 

Uxbridge to Apsley and back on Wednesday. 320km, trails were mint all the way. 503 was freshly groomed on way back. There were a few thin spots on the rail line from Uxbridge to Lindsay and Lindsay road rash a pain but better than expected.n Tin

We went on Tuesday from Port Perry thru the Pinery trails over to Minden, around to Haliburton and down the rail trail to Lindsay and back to PP.   350 kms. A little rough on the trail to Minden but other than that it was great!

Short drive North, stage near Ghurst and ride North a bit.

A couple pic's of that area from less than a week ago, The rain will not wipe things out,  might make a small dent though!

20190216_095531.jpg

20190216_095535.jpg

20190216_095539.jpg

20190216_095549.jpg

I see the Ganny went completely Red last night, thought it would have stayed green until Saturday night

1 hour ago, stonehaven said:

I see the Ganny went completely Red last night, thought it would have stayed green until Saturday night

Not with the temps we've had yesterday and today!

28 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Not with the temps we've had yesterday and today!

Well it just turned all green now.  lol

3 hours ago, stonehaven said:

They maybe missed the Thu update. If not updated it defaults to red.

Archived