2020 Ski-Doo's

Irv

30 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Don't get me started.  I am not impressed with the 2020 release.  My god, what have they done.  Time for a change.....:banghead::mad::mad::mad::banghead:

Polaris will welcome you with open arms lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Don't get me started.  I am not impressed with the 2020 release.  My god, what have they done.  Time for a change.....:banghead::mad::mad::mad::banghead:

Appears they are taking a page from Yamaha's five year business plan starting back in 2014.

10 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Ugly new colours and a new gauge package on the 2019 lineup.  I agree disapointing.  If you own a 2019 no need to upgrade.

I’m hoping yamahas is very soon. Arctic Cats is in a couple days. One small teaser video with a whopping length of about 5 seconds! Supposedly AC is bringing out a 880 2 stroke with 185hp. 

I have  a feeling yamahas release will be in March. They’re usually always the last to reveal their lineup.

i thought forsure skidoo would’ve come out with something better than a 7” wide gauge, BNG, (one actually looks like Yamaha blue) shorter tunnel etc. Nothing special IMO. 

B79234A3-319B-401F-B1E8-C1F1CF5BCA1E.thumb.png.0285cb9fc320cbecb714257f15b8d05b.png

20 minutes ago, gobills said:

Wow 880 thats cool!!  Gonna be a fast one

One guy was saying 117mph in a very very short distance.

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I’m hoping yamahas is very soon. Arctic Cats is in a couple days. One small teaser video with a whopping length of about 5 seconds! Supposedly AC is bringing out a 880 2 stroke with 185hp. 

I have  a feeling yamahas release will be in March. They’re usually always the last to reveal their lineup.

i thought forsure skidoo would’ve come out with something better than a 7” wide gauge, BNG, (one actually looks like Yamaha blue) shorter tunnel etc. Nothing special IMO. 

B79234A3-319B-401F-B1E8-C1F1CF5BCA1E.thumb.png.0285cb9fc320cbecb714257f15b8d05b.png

Since yamaha don't make snowmobiles, I imagine the line up that AC has will encompass what ever Yamaha puts their decals on.

• Haha 1

I think everyone will see something good from Yamaha this year, it’s either that or they just continue working with cat, or get out altogether. 

1 minute ago, Baylaker said:

I think everyone will see something good from Yamaha this year, it’s either that or they just continue working with cat, or get out altogether. 

If Cat is coming out with an 880 2 stroke with 185hp named the "Riot", then you can surely bet that Yammy will also have an 880 2 stroke with 185hp and they'll probably have a snakes name on it

Same as iAct on the '19 Cats....Yammy has iQs. 

5 hours ago, jow said:

is the expedition extreme a new sled for 2020? trying to get some info on it 

It's been around for several years.  800 E-tec in previous years, I haven't seen what they've got in it this time.  1 3/4" track in previous chassis, no passenger seat, low windshield.  Haven't had the time to go through the video yet, to see what's what.  I usually find out around PDI time.... 

1 hour ago, monte1214 said:

If Cat is coming out with an 880 2 stroke with 185hp named the "Riot", then you can surely bet that Yammy will also have an 880 2 stroke with 185hp and they'll probably have a snakes name on it

Same as iAct on the '19 Cats....Yammy has iQs. 

I’ve also heard from a few good sources the 2 stroke Yamaha will make a return. I just might make the switch if it does! Lol

Their 5 years is up as far as I’m concerned lol!

9 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Their 5 years is up as far as I’m concerned lol!

Didn't the Gen 4 come out in 2017?  Wouldn't that give them until 2022?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

I’ve also heard from a few good sources the 2 stroke Yamaha will make a return. I just might make the switch if it does! Lol

Well all you will get is a cat with a cat made engine and yamaha decals at a price of at least 10% more. Why would you do that. yamaha will not be making a 2 stroke sled engine, it will be a complete cat with maybe yamaha clutching which is worse than the TEAM clutches in the cat, pay more for less.

Lol, there you go again saying what’s coming and what’s not coming, but yet your not allowed to say?? Make up your mind man! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulslund said:

Didn't the Gen 4 come out in 2017?  Wouldn't that give them until 2022?

Yes for skidoo, I meant Yamaha. They said after 5 years something big will be coming, but I guess we all have to wait and see. If There’s not an all Japan sled coming (which was what another Yamaha guy had told me) then I’ll just continue to ride my Yamacats! 

im thinking yamaha will just get out of sleds soon.

18 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Yes for skidoo, I meant Yamaha. They said after 5 years something big will be coming, but I guess we all have to wait and see. If There’s not an all Japan sled coming (which was what another Yamaha guy had told me) then I’ll just continue to ride my Yamacats! 

I've been patiently waiting as well but I certainly am not going to hold my breath! There is talk about a new 2 stroke Yamaha that a lot of people have written off as bunk but they currently have a 600 2 stroke sled across the big pond. It is a Cat engine however but from what I understand, it is Yamaha's design/engine that Cat built?

13 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

im thinking yamaha will just get out of sleds soon.

That has been the talk for many years and one year it could happen but personally I don't see it just yet. If Yamaha does break away from Cat then to me that means they are in it for the long haul as I am sure the money they would have invested in that would be huge. I guess we'll find out within the next few weeks or sooner?