District 7 trail conditions update

idletime

I’m sure you will and congrats on the new store, you re going to be one busy guy there 

I wouldn't change any plans due to this partial reroute onto a section of Lone Pine Drive. I've run Lone Pine along here dozens of times in the past, as opposed to the trail. The road is typically ice and snow covered, and not heavily sanded.

How can they say no trespassing when its the pipe line/hydro cut? Makes no sense to me. 

Private property. TCPL and Hydro have easements for their own use.

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Blake G said:

Blake exactly right. I talked to mike about this at golf and ski in mattawa. He owns a section of pipeline in that area too. If riders don’t respect and stay on trail, we will loose these key trails. 
Thanks for heads up on pine lane drive. Never know when you encounter roads, if not familiar with area. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Thanks 1

Yes this new section is usually snow covered ,maybe we can get the old trail back next winter 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Blake G said:

So many people foolishly assume that because there is a hydro line it's crown land and open to all. Farmer friend has transmission towers in his farm field where his cattle graze. Definitely private property.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

So many people foolishly assume that because there is a hydro line it's crown land and open to all.

Perhaps "mistakenly" assume rather than "foolishly" assume? I say that because SteveF6 is no fool. LOLOLOLOL 

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Blake G said:

Perhaps "mistakenly" assume rather than "foolishly" assume? I say that because SteveF6 is no fool. LOLOLOLOL 

I wouldn't suggest HE is a fool but lots of others out there.....

• Like 1

Looks like a few sleds are still going down D trail and past the the trespassing signs ,can't see the new neighbours liking that 

IMG_20191230_100950.jpg

2 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Looks like a few sleds are still going down D trail and past the the trespassing signs ,can't see the new neighbours liking that 

Don't you know... those signs are meant for other people. Not them. They're special

• 3 weeks later...

ASC, Tall pines and HR trails were in good shape. Dwight over to Dorset was excellent, other than one nasty  (2-3km) section of plowed logging just south of the ASC shelter on d101. Came back for lunch in Dwight then headed north towards highland rovers, trails were getting beat up by then plus it was snowing hard so turned around at d102/95. Nice trails for opening weekend! 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

ASC, Tall pines and HR trails were in good shape. Dwight over to Dorset was excellent, other than one nasty  (2-3km) section of plowed logging just south of the ASC shelter on d101. Came back for lunch in Dwight then headed north towards highland rovers, trails were getting beat up by then plus it was snowing hard so turned around at d102/95. Nice trails for opening weekend! 

Went from my place across Seguin to d101b and down to dwight. Turned at that crap plowed section. Back up to d102b and to 95 and back to Seguin. All good. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like lots  of sledders have still been going down the closed part of D trail south of port Sydney .it has been tracked out heavy in the last couple weeks so I guess the land owner has increased the size of the signs for you guys that can't read English 

IMG_20200202_075544.jpg

On 12/30/2019 at 11:51 AM, Muskoka Man said:

IMG_20191230_100950.jpg

That should make it impossible to renogotiate 

4 hours ago, Wildbill said:

Snowmobilers in general are proving time and time again, we don't deserve to have a interconnected trail system. The future is bleek!

6 hours ago, Wildbill said:

That was my first thought. Maybe new landowner will by a sled and join us ,lol

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I just checked out hcsa site. Wow they spent all day putting up snow fences to keep sledders on trail and out of closed areas. Hope it works! 

It Won't,  they have been put the snow fence back up several times now! People just keep driving over it. I am willing to bet we won't have access ever again.

• Sad 1