District 7 trail conditions update

idletime

The MSR clubs did a great job of making the trails perfect even though I thought it was going to be a bust last week . We had to trailer to Emsdale Thursday to ride but it was perfect, and with the Friday snow we were able to go anywhere right from Port Sydney. Thankyou club volunteers and also the landowners for making this years sled trip another success. Hopefully one more trip to North Bay southshore in March with the grandkids. 

• Like 1

I agree. Left first thing and rode from Gravenhurst to Baysville and back. Took in 44 and 3 as part of the journey. 

All trails were were freshly groomed after a busy Family Day weekend. Quite an endeavour and really well done. Very much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Likewise-rode 37 & D to Sprucedale-excellent and lots of snow!

Did the same trip as above, Bracebridge to Sprucedale on the 20th via D and 37 (with a side excursion on 84) trails were very good, but beware of the two Moose turds on 37 :)

The holy crap moment came on a blind corner when I rubbed skiis with a  person coming the other direction as me

• 9 months later...

Yikes, more road running on the D trail. Hope they can work something out. Thinking i'll use stephenson 2 rd to 37 instead of lone pine. 

C2A96AF8-0BA7-4E47-9378-A791E5002EED.png

I wouldn't be holding my breath. I've heard there's a new property owner with plans to build a house.

The pipeline heading north from Stephenson Road 1 is now posted with No Trespassing signs.

Edited by Blake G
  • Sad 1

What about 37 from Hwy 141 to D it was closed a couple years ago...

5 hours ago, andreyboater said:

What about 37 from Hwy 141 to D it was closed a couple years ago...

Yes of course 37 and reconnect with D if you're heading north or south but 37(snobombers/DYW) always opens later than the top D thru HGR territory. 

• Thanks 1

The new build is taking place now,when they started they put up no trespassing signs first day on the D trail head and they stayed for a month or two then they were gone then went back up ,  that section is TCPL so not sure on the politics i look after the section from 37 to smiths gas station for the club , if it gets closed i will still beat down all the soft cat tail sections and do brushing to do my share .i will get the skinny on this 

Edited by Muskoka Man
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

The new build is taking place now,when they started they put up no trespassing signs first day on the D trail head and they stayed for a month or two then they were gone then went back up ,  that section is TCPL so not sure on the politics i look after the section from 37 to smiths gas station for the club , if it gets closed i will still beat down all the soft cat tail sections and do brushing to do my share .i will get the skinny on this 

Thanks !

6 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

The Pipeline section comes out at Stephenson 2 and looks like the best alternative and i think thats where it used to go. Too bad really,  the bridge that was built in that section not being used now.   

Wow.all the time and effort and $ that went into that new bridge and now will see weeds grow up through it 

This is a pic of D trailhead were the issue starts 

IMG_20191215_160008.jpg

Where is the new build? I didnt see it on my drive today. 

It’s not really a new build but a major Reno on a building that would be the 1st property west of the D trailhead ,they have been in there for months ,new huge gates on the drive now 

It’s official this part of D will be closed ,club has the new signs up sending us up lone pine drive this is going to be a nasty stretch,lots of driveways and houses on this section ,the people living on this section are not going to be liking all the sleds going up and down there at all hrs , so with this loss of this section  and all the trails southeast of baysville plowed down to to dirt for logging .i feel we are getting boxed in ,good thing I sold the 800 adrenaline last year and now a have a 154 inch machine,may do more back country riding with my gang 

Here is a track of the new route from lone pine drive and Stephenson Rd 1 north to Stephenson Rd 2 .about 3 ks .our new neighbour that has cut off the old trail  is not making friends and will not be invited to the local get-togethers

Lol

Screenshot_20191224_055819_com.trailbehind.android.gaiagps.pro.jpg

Edited by Muskoka Man
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

worse yet it will now need to be decommissioned and removed 

That’s  Just another kick in the rear for the club , I think a lot of guys may be unloading this season at smiths gulf or maybe at your new spot in port Sydney to get above this new road rash 

32 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

That’s  Just another kick in the rear for the club , I think a lot of guys may be unloading this season at smiths gulf or maybe at your new spot in port Sydney to get above this new road rash 

We will make them welcome 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1