new liskeard accommodations?

2fast4u

Looking to head to new liskeard and was wondering if anyone can help me out with where to stay? Not looking to break the bank just basically need to sleep lol.  Near the trail, gas and restaurants would be preferred. I have been looking have a couple of places but thought i would ask if anyone has any other recommendations. Thanks Cheers.  

Auberge Country Inn located in Dymond.  It is under new management and the rooms have been fully renovated. The reviews are old so only a few new reviews that are positive. 

151465262.thumb.jpg.3b81592771c6562faf998c06dcabd8b7.jpg

$89.00 per night if your just looking for a clean room. Located right beside a Husky gas station, and Gillies truck stop across the street. 

Econolodge, Holiday inn and Quality Inn are in the same spot right on the highway. Econolodge has a restaurant on west side of highway,  gas is beside the Quality Inn on other side, and trail goes to all 3.

There is the Leisure Inn and Haileybury Beach Motel about 8 kms south of New Liskeard in Haileybury. Leisure is $85/night, Beach motel is $75/night. Stayed at Beach motel last year. Trail is right in front of motel on lake Temiskiming, gas is a block away, parking for trailers, bacon and  egg breakfast included. Nothing fancy, but is clean and owners are friendly. 

2 hours ago, barberch said:

Econolodge, Holiday inn and Quality Inn are in the same spot right on the highway. Econolodge has a restaurant on west side of highway,  gas is beside the Quality Inn on other side, and trail goes to all 3.

That's where we usually stage. Short ride across the field to the river. LOTS of trailer parking @ the Econo. Not sure how the parking is over @ the QI is since the HIX was built.

Econolodge, Quality Inn, or Holiday Inn are great, but we now prefer to stay at the Waterfront Inn. Great rooms, and Roosters restaurant on site. Lots of parking, and overflow parking at the Marina lot. We have had zero issues there. Virutally no road running, and lake trails literally right to the door...

We are Booked at the Waterfront inn for next weekend 

The rates are quite a bit more at 140@ a night ..

I've used the Econolodge twice, and Waterfront Inn three or four times.

Last time at the Waterfront was on a weekend. My sleep was ruined by very loud partying into the wee hours of the morning (young adults from a hockey tournament at the arena beside the hotel).

Next time I'll stick with the Econolodge. 

8 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Auberge Country Inn located in Dymond.  It is under new management and the rooms have been fully renovated. The reviews are old so only a few new reviews that are positive. 

$89.00 per night if your just looking for a clean room. Located right beside a Husky gas station, and Gillies truck stop across the street. 

Good choice. I stayed and liked it even before the renovations. Fridge and microwave there at the time. Your stay may differ. Everything you need close by. It is proximate to the other hotels mentioned above in Dymond, so you can meet your spendthrift sledding buddies across the street for dinner.

Still sorry about taking IQTurbo's beer by mistake at dinner, but the large beer he ordered looked a lot like a small beer (at least where I come from) that I ordered.

Just further south in Haileybury there are two that won't break the bank either - Leisure Inn - https://www.leisureinn.net/en-us

and the Beach Motel - https://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/haileybury-beach-motel.html

(motel web site appears to be down)

both trail accessible by the lake and close to restaurants. Gas not too proximate though.

There is a fair amount of mining exploration activity in the area as they have discovered a use for a previously useless waste product of the silver industry in (oddly enough) Cobalt. This might affect accomodation availability. Maybe Blake G can expound on that - the town of his youth and fountain of his common sense.

6 minutes ago, slomo said:

Good choice. I stayed and liked it even before the renovations. Fridge and microwave there at the time. Your stay may differ. Everything you need close by. It is proximate to the other hotels mentioned above in Dymond, so you can meet your spendthrift sledding buddies across the street for dinner.

Yeah we are hubbing from Dymond for the weekend and dont require a hot tub or pool. Meets our needs...

8 hours ago, thetorches said:

There is the Leisure Inn and Haileybury Beach Motel about 8 kms south of New Liskeard in Haileybury. Leisure is $85/night, Beach motel is $75/night. Stayed at Beach motel last year. Trail is right in front of motel on lake Temiskiming, gas is a block away, parking for trailers, bacon and  egg breakfast included. Nothing fancy, but is clean and owners are friendly. 

Sorry torches, good info! - just saw your post after I answered and was trying to remember who had stayed there last year. :?:

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Sorry torches, good info! - just saw your post after I answered and was trying to remember who had stayed there last year. :?:

No big deal slomo. Your forgiven. Lol.

Booked at the econo. Thurs to Monday. Thanks again everyone. ride safe cheers. 

I've found the restaurant at the Econolodge to be fairly good. Met barberch from OC, and his buddy, John, in there last year.

Definitely a notch above fast food.

22 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

Booked at the econo. Thurs to Monday. Thanks again everyone. ride safe cheers. 

We're arriving Sat' afternoon. Look for 3 Buzzards in our group LOL

7 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Starting your tour from Liskeard eh?. :D

Yes!

25 minutes ago, revrnd said:

We're arriving Sat' afternoon. Look for 3 Buzzards in our group LOL

Awesome maybe we will see ya two skidoos a GSX and a mxzx 800 and A yamaha nytro. 

Archived