Southern Ontario is pooched!

Baylaker

Winter Storm Watch

Issued at 15:11 Sunday 10 February 2019

Snowfall amounts of 25 to 35 cm and blowing snow Tuesday into Wednesday.

Snow will begin during the day Tuesday. Strong easterly winds gusting to 80 km/h will cause reduced visibilities in blowing snow. Total snowfall amounts of 25 to 35 cm are likely before the snow tapers off during the day Wednesday.

This snow is associated with a Colorado low that will cross Southern Ontario Tuesday and Wednesday.

###

Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations.

Winter storm watches are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fingers crossed 

has enough of the freezing rain already don't want more 

my driveway is still a skating rink

28 minutes ago, zoso said:

image.1.png

I hope there right. 

1 hour ago, zoso said:

These guys never are, but it looks better than a sexy girl o I had to post it.

Be positive Zoso.  Look at the glass half full buddy

On 2/5/2019 at 10:01 AM, Blackstar said:

I feel your pain.

I'm in pretty much the same boat. I plow snow as well. I used to be able to hire people to work for the winter but the last 5-8 years its been impossible. Its just myself and one long time employee now. I try to stay within 4 hours of home just so that I can run back if needed.

On Friday I have to leave to go on a cruise. I have 2 of my old friends and a friend of my employee on emergency call list to help depending on who is available. I have another plowing business lined up if all else fails. I dropped one of my plow trucks off at a guy's house that I subcontract from just so that he can help if needed.

When we get back I have 10 days before my employee goes for knee surgery then its me on my own until the season ends.....lol

I'm waiting for the lawn to freeze so that I can put that sleds back into storage. I think that's it for this year for me unless things can turn around while I'm gone.

I've made the decision to give up plowing myself next year. I'm cutting the plowing down to a one truck route that my employee can handle on his own and I will be his back up. I hate to do it. Some of my clients have been with me for 15 years or more.

I'm getting older and there are sled trips that I want to make and she wants to go to her place in Florida.  No way I can do it and still drive a plow truck.

Of course it's gonna snow when you are gone.

Looks like the real deal. Eastern Ontario will get 25-45 cm Tuesday into wed, then another 15 over the next four days after that. Cold is forecast for the remainder of the month and we may see open trails here right into march. #fuglobalwarming

Hopefully the trails around southern Georgian Bay might open. They have been some of my favorites,

9 minutes ago, mextra said:

Hopefully the trails around southern Georgian Bay might open. They have been some of my favorites,

Check the OFSC ITG. Some of the trails around Midland Coldwater Port Severn Honey Harbour are. The anticipated snow will likely improve that.

17 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Me likey

safe_image.png

Me too - our place is in the 30-50 zone - that would be pretty nice to see.

Glad it’s not here. Lol 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:20 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Of course it's gonna snow when you are gone.

It snowed, not enough to make a difference in trail conditions here at home though.

We got way more rain, freezing rain and ice pellets. My employee did 30 hours straight. Complete crap fest.

9 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Beauty day yesterday, hopefully this next low pressure system doesn’t screw it up for next week. 

3C892CF0-1E5D-479D-A141-5CD42D5AFC66.jpeg

How do you like the timbersled?

Went out to Port Perry for a couple hours this morning. Rode 110kms. Would have liked to put on more, but have to work at 2:30. Laid down first tracks on freshly groomed PPSC trails up to Long Sault clubhouse. Passed Long Sault groomer and a little later the Cartwright Dynos groomer. Trails are in really good shape. That 10cm of snow Monday morning helped.

20 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

The brand? Or snowbikes in general?

The snowbike.

3 hours ago, SRXChris said:

The snowbike.

It’s my 4th season and Im still loving it.  If you are a bike guy, and you have (know of) places to ride it then go for it.  Flybyu in utterson usually has bikes to demo, or rallyconnex does demo days and guided rides.  I suggest trying one in 2’ plus of snow and see if it’s for you.  

Short clip lip of some mellow riding from family day. 

18 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

It’s my 4th season and Im still loving it.  If you are a bike guy, and you have (know of) places to ride it then go for it.  Flybyu in utterson usually has bikes to demo, or rallyconnex does demo days and guided rides.  I suggest trying one in 2’ plus of snow and see if it’s for you.  

Short clip lip of some mellow riding from family day. 

Bring it up here, I'll show you places with DEEP snow to play in.

Archived