AND SO IT FINALLY BEGINS

The groomer just went by my place packing the trail for the first time this season!   11:15PM on January 30/19   HOOT HOOT!!

• Like 3

I walked some of the packed trail this morning. Dirt coming through on my plowed / levelled field and down into the wheat on my neighbours field and no sleds had been across it. Now we have to figure out how to keep the sleds off it on this freeloaders weekend. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The groomer just went by my place packing the trail for the first time this season!   11:15PM on January 30/19   HOOT HOOT!!

I was in the clubhouse when he passed by there.

Seams like a waste of time to me with the coming weather and most people think if the groomer is on the trail then they can be too. Damned if you, damned if you don't.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The groomer was over the Baden trails the other day. Seen a lot of sled tracks coming/going from the New Dundee area at the hwy 7 underpass last night. The fields around my house show a lot of bare dirt. Most of the snow was blown to the fence lines. Unless you have corn stubble or alfalfa to hold it the fields aren't great. 

Someone went around the gate at Schweitzer St in Bridgeport and headed out across the trail in the field. I understand that people get tired of waiting for trails to open but geesus, there is no snow out there other than what the wind drifted to the corners and fence lines.

The gate was on the Kitchener News on the weekend.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1596546

• 1 year later...

With 3-4" of heavy packing snow last night the groomers are on the move. With this snow packed down we can weather a couple of mild days and then the freeze will make for a great base in District 5. Finally some riding after 4 lousy years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

With 3-4" of heavy packing snow last night the groomers are on the move. With this snow packed down we can weather a couple of mild days and then the freeze will make for a great base in District 5. Finally some riding after 4 lousy years.

We will most likely be out Saturday somewhere around.  Temps look good Friday and Saturday.  Next week not soo much..

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Pretty mild now though and mild tomorrow. Snow is melting fairly fast at moment plus 2. Should make a cement base with more snow later in week. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

On 2/11/2020 at 7:20 AM, Strong Farmer said:

Next week looks like end of season for south. Plus 8 on Tuesday with rain. Above zero almost every day after that. 

I hope you are better at chickens than you are at weather forecasting. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Originally said that it was warming up.  Looks like a season extending forecast for sure.  1st time in a number of years that MIlverton has been open for 7 consecutive days, with more to come.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It changed for better and now looks decent for more snow next week. I am shocked they didn’t get rain and warm weather right. That almost never happens around here. Maybe things are going back to normal again. Who wants any more rain any way. How does trail look in front of your place now?  

Edited by Strong Farmer

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

It changed for better and now looks decent for more snow next week. I am shocked they didn’t get rain and warm weather right. That almost never happens around here. Maybe things are going back to normal again. Who wants any more rain any way. How does trail look in front of your place now?  

It will be open on the ITG by tomorrow morning according to what I have been told.

• Like 1

Put on some nice miles yesterday and this morning right around home 

clubs did a great job getting things into shape

traffic seemed lighter than expected this morning towards Drayton 

I worked at the St Clements clubhouse today. We expected decent sales but it was slow. Didn't seem to be many sleds coming through.

Clubhouse is open Sunday and Monday for anyone in the area.

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I worked at the St Clements clubhouse today. We expected decent sales but it was slow. Didn't seem to be many sleds coming through.

Clubhouse is open Sunday and Monday for anyone in the area.

That’s too bad. I think lots of riders are going farther north to get into better snow. Loss of trail south of club house took out a popular loop too. Free weekend that place use to be packed, when snow was decent. 
Hopefully we get more snow and can ride to wing night in March. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, there are plenty of reasons for a lack of people coming to the clubhouse.

The loss of some important trails in the area is definitely one of them.

That is for sure. Probably  less than 10%  as many sleds go by here now as compared to when it was the B203 trail.

11 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

That is for sure. Probably  less than 10%  as many sleds go by here now as compared to when it was the B203 trail.

I miss that trail but with weather south of club house is becoming un rideable unless you go  west of new Hamburg. No south traffic at moment so riders are trailering and not riding up thru Baden. That b203 trail was better trail when it was open. Always was decent in Lower snow conditions.  

Edited by Strong Farmer

Monday ended up being the best day for sales at the clubhouse as they sold out of all the food we had available.

That said, a few years ago one good Saturday at the clubhouse would have exceeded all the sales from this entire weekend.

We plan to be open again this weekend assuming the weather holds. Looks like Sunday's +6 will be a trail killer.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Monday ended up being the best day for sales at the clubhouse as they sold out of all the food we had available.

That said, a few years ago one good Saturday at the clubhouse would have exceeded all the sales from this entire weekend.

We plan to be open again this weekend assuming the weather holds. Looks like Sunday's +6 will be a trail killer.

How are membership numbers going last few years? 

2 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

How are membership numbers going last few years? 

Due to the fact that parking at the clubhouse is restricted to members. Membership numbers go up and down depending on whether the trails are open or not.

This year membership is way up....lol

• Like 1