PARKING

DOM

Looking for suggestions on where to park to ride 900 series trails in Old Hastings

2 hours ago, Proxrider said:

Looking for suggestions on where to park to ride 900 series trails in Old Hastings

Coming from the south you can park a vehicle @ Brinklow Rd off of Hwy 62. Just don't block the entrance or be in the 'swing zone' of the plows.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:13 PM, volsla said:

hello all,

I am planning to have trip near Owen Sound next weekend; however, have no idea where to park.

Have anyone parked around that area? There is a parking listed on the map but don't how accurate is it. 

Untitled.jpg

Where the red arrow is on your map is the groomer building. You can park and ride from there. They have a pretty big lot for trucks & trailers.

Parking lot @ Coe Hill was pretty much full. I was able to fit in, putting the front bumper into a snowbank. 

On the way there I noticed that the laneway between 620 & the beach. There is a lot of parking there if you're coming up from the southwest.

168968737_ChandosLakeParking.JPG.00bd661a94b87af52cbde7014a1f5bca.JPG

I'm going to snowmobile trip in March, planning to trailer to Timmins and leave a truck and trailer for 4 nights there. I'm looking for parking ideas? Thanks 

Talking to a friend today & he said 7 or 8 rigs were parked @ the arena lot in Apsley earlier.

Hopefully the township would take notice of this & possibly be more helpful to the local clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Trout spawn Lk road is right there. Usually a plowed wide spot at entrance for parking. Haven’t been over there this year though..

251B1D1F-D7C2-406E-B919-0874FC8B05C4.jpeg

01C8F9BB-D773-45E9-97C5-CDE14147560A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, gobills said:

Anyone know of parking in this area?Thanks 

Screenshot_20210305-181300_Samsung Internet.jpg

If your intention is to ride the 60 series trails, we have done this several times this year and drop at Raven Landing. This is not my usual riding area and don't know all the drop spots but this one has worked for us.

Livin'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livin' on the b103 said:

If your intention is to ride the 60 series trails, we have done this several times this year and drop at Raven Landing. This is not my usual riding area and don't know all the drop spots but this one has worked for us.

Livin'

Thanks, yes 60s are what I'm going for.

2 hours ago, J Feces said:

Trout spawn Lk road is right there. Usually a plowed wide spot at entrance for parking. Haven’t been over there this year though..

251B1D1F-D7C2-406E-B919-0874FC8B05C4.jpeg

01C8F9BB-D773-45E9-97C5-CDE14147560A.jpeg

Thanks, I wonder what the road is like getting to the trail. 

The road is the trail. It wasn’t plowed in the past...Just a parking spot off the highway. However like I said I haven’t been there this year. Not sure if anyone more local could comment. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Livin'

Raven lake highway 35 great spot to drop. Heard good over that way and no road. 

The parking lot in Coe Hill is nothing like the 1 in Bird's Creek. Space is limited. This is what I found yesterday @ noon when I got there.

20210306_125202_Parking.thumb.jpg.0f82045601e71c5a1c6e3fc843aaf840.jpg

Really? If I had tried to park between the Ford & Toy' I would've been door handle to door handle & likely would've found boot prints on the side of my truck. As it was 3 rigs were parked on the side of the road & I parked in front of the credit union office (not recommended during the week).

A bit of thinking would go a long ways...

A few rigs parked beside the trail in Gilmour on Sat'. No signage prohibiting parking, so I don't know what the issue was there in the past.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

The parking lot in Coe Hill is nothing like the 1 in Bird's Creek. Space is limited. This is what I found yesterday @ noon when I got there.

20210306_125202_Parking.thumb.jpg.0f82045601e71c5a1c6e3fc843aaf840.jpg

Really? If I had tried to park between the Ford & Toy' I would've been door handle to door handle & likely would've found boot prints on the side of my truck. As it was 3 rigs were parked on the side of the road & I parked in front of the credit union office (not recommended during the week).

A bit of thinking would go a long ways...

I've seen similar. Typically I will leave just enough space in between to comfortably get a sled through if people are loading the trailer from where it's parked. Otherwise I'll leave enough space to pull ahead and make the turn with the trailer. Never anything like in your picture.

Edited by 02Sled
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I've seen similar. Typically I will leave just enough space in between to comfortably get a sled through if people are loading the trailer from where it's parked. Otherwise I'll leave enough space to pull ahead and make the turn with the trailer. Never anything like in your picture.

I think enough room to safely open your doors should be sufficient. Since they are backed in, they'd have to pull ahead anyways to load.

Probably the same guys that will park their 'vette in a lot over 4 parking spots...

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

I think enough room to safely open your doors should be sufficient. Since they are backed in, they'd have to pull ahead anyways to load.

Probably the same guys that will park their 'vette in a lot over 4 parking spots...

More likely, someone driving vehicle and trailer that can't back up.

28 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

More likely, someone driving vehicle and trailer that can't back up.

In that case, would it not make sense to drive in, unload & go riding. Return, open trailer, load up, back out & leave?

This looks like they backed in, unloaded & backed up some more to the snow bank & then went riding...