PARKING

DOM

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

That sounds like a different lot than what I was thinking of. Mind you it has been a few winters since I've ridden that far south (been thru there in the Ranger in the summer though)

301985081_MarmoraStation.JPG.3ef96590e8f466a615cdb97da28798b4.JPG

Lot we were at is just north of there. It was posted on facebook also. Thought they meant same lot as you. Will check if I go there again.

• Like 1

Looking to ride from Orillia to Midland, any good areas to park and stage out of Orillia I am coming up Hwy 12 so I see the 207 to Brechin is yellow. Anywhere around Lake Couch??

Thanks

PM sent

45 minutes ago, Turbo Tim said:

Looking to ride from Orillia to Midland, any good areas to park and stage out of Orillia I am coming up Hwy 12 so I see the 207 to Brechin is yellow. Anywhere around Lake Couch??

Thanks

Fairly certain you can park at Tudhope park, and also there is a good spot to park at Carlyon and Division Road. I prefer the Carlyon and Division road lot..

Screenshot_20210126-194348_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20210126-194554_Go Snowmobiling Ontario 2020-2021!.jpg

• Like 1

Parking is plowed near Nephton on SLSR #702

The trail map shows parking in south end of Peterborough. I go on Google Maps to street view and I don't see any type of lot to park in. Has anyone parked there before? I would like to try parking there once the trails open up more so I can travel further east on a day ride.

Jerry

4 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

The trail map shows parking in south end of Peterborough. I go on Google Maps to street view and I don't see any type of lot to park in. Has anyone parked there before? I would like to try parking there once the trails open up more so I can travel further east on a day ride.

Jerry

I am riding from Peterborough tomorrow morning. The app shows parking on Technology Drive. Another guy confirmed there is parking there. Says its a small lot. Should be good during the week, but have to get there early on weekends. Close to the 115.

2 minutes ago, thetorches said:

I am riding from Peterborough tomorrow morning. The app shows parking on Technology Drive. Another guy confirmed there is parking there. Says its a small lot. Should be good during the week, but have to get there early on weekends. Close to the 115.

lot is there. I have only parked in it once because it seems nobody know how to park. Lots of room on the shoulder of the road. Have fun!

1 minute ago, barberch said:

lot is there. I have only parked in it once because it seems nobody know how to park. Lots of room on the shoulder of the road. Have fun!

Ok. Thanks. Can't go to far. Head to Stony Lake, into Hastings, Rice Lake.

5 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

Jerry

Jerry here's a thread from last winter w/ some screen grabs:

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Heading out now. Will find out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

Perfect, thanks. Next time I will search for a thread that was already created.

Jerry

21 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

Jerry

Not a problem. It's not a commonly known location.

7 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

Jerry

I parked on Technology Drive in Peterborough today. Lot was plowed. There is enough parking for 10-15 rigs, depending on how they park. Its right on trail. We went into Hastings to Stony Lake and back. There is no sign to show you where to turn to get on trail 569-C to 569-N that goes north. You turn left at Settlers Line. It is 15-16 kms from parking lot. Rail line was in great shape. The 569 trails through the fields were good, some low snow in woods. The 569-N trail is fun. Lots of fields  bit of woods. Trail into Stony Lake past the Norwood cutoff are really twisty. In good shape though. Dummer Lake is staked. 192 kms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, revrnd said:

Some pics from today

20210128_192034.thumb.jpg.2e42f5967511446a19577b9c6c284ad4.jpg

@thetorches I was there around 4 & saw 2 rigs there w/ trailers, 1 of them your's?

20210128_192307.thumb.jpg.1552fc8f8b4bf156097ecf916bb46782.jpg

If you come off the 115 & drive past the NEW Kenworth location (white building in background), you've missed the lot.

20210128_192333.thumb.jpg.51ffba4ab664566400b34b59b376af59.jpg

Looking east towards the Old Keene Rd.

51 minutes ago, thetorches said:

I parked on Technology Drive in Peterborough today. Lot was plowed. There is enough parking for 10-15 rigs, depending on how they park. Its right on trail. We went into Hastings to Stony Lake and back. There is no sign to show you where to turn to get on trail 569-C to 569-N that goes north. You turn left at Settlers Line. It is 15-16 kms from parking lot. Rail line was in great shape. The 569 trails through the fields were good, some low snow in woods. The 569-N trail is fun. Lots of fields  bit of woods. Trail into Stony Lake past the Norwood cutoff are really twisty. In good shape though. Dummer Lake is staked. 192 kms.

I haven't run 569 N, so I might head down on Mon' (I possibly have a couple of pickups in Ptbo) w/ the sled in the back. How were the fields, any plowed? I found taking 569S towards Keene & Hiawatha last winter, takes you across some plowed fields that needed a touch more snow.

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I haven't run 569 N, so I might head down on Mon' (I possibly have a couple of pickups in Ptbo) w/ the sled in the back. How were the fields, any plowed? I found taking 569S towards Keene & Hiawatha last winter, takes you across some plowed fields that needed a touch more snow.

The fields were really good. Couple of skinny spots going from field to field. Its a fun trail. Did you work at GM.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Some pics from today

@thetorches I was there around 4 & saw 2 rigs there w/ trailers, 1 of them your's?

If you come off the 115 & drive past the NEW Kenworth location (white building in background), you've missed the lot.

We left around three. There were 5-6 trucks when we left. Four guys were just heading onto trail when we were leaving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Some pics from today

Thanks for the info and pictures. Shouldn't be an issue finding the place. Thanks Torches for the positive trail report. 

• Like 1

If you are parking at the Paudash Trail Blazers clubhouse, do not block the pylons. The groomers need to be able to get thru.

May be an image of tree, nature and road

As most of you know there is a staging area on Dyno Road just off Highway 28 with easy access to trail 617 (and TOP). There is also a spot just past the clubhouse large enough for 3 rigs if people park properly. Some of you may have already seen vehicles parked here beside TOP E. The trail access is not the part to the right of the truck. TOP E turns off the forest access road and then goes thru the hardwoods to intersect with the clubhouse spur trail.

May be an image of tree, snow, nature and road

1416319131_PTBClubhouse.JPG.aae2e0227a18287fa9f58ba277d7b977.JPG

Do not park at Rona/Moffatt and Powell in Exeter. They  have restricted entrance and are towing rigs. Too many parked without permission and left rigs for multiple nights that restricted snow clearing. So now they are Not snowmobile friendly.

Please when parking in commercial lots, ask for permission.

Edited by Yamatario
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Yamatario said:

Do not park at Rona/Moffatt and Powell in Exeter. They  have restricted entrance and are towing rigs. Too many parked without permission and left rigs for multiple nights that restricted snow clearing. So now they are Not snowmobile friendly.

Please when parking in commercial lots, ask for permission.

Exeter is a bit of a pain to park at. I actually parked and the end of a dead end/no winter maintenance road. Seemed to be an alright spot. 

5 hours ago, T bird said:

Exeter is a bit of a pain to park at. I actually parked and the end of a dead end/no winter maintenance road. Seemed to be an alright spot. 

Someone tried to park their truck and 4 place enclosed trailer ON the trail at the Parr line/Dashwood rd yesterday:blink:  Tow truck was there when we went by

• Sad 1

hello all,

I am planning to have trip near Owen Sound next weekend; however, have no idea where to park.

Have anyone parked around that area? There is a parking listed on the map but don't how accurate is it. 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by volsla
map

On 2/7/2021 at 11:13 PM, volsla said:

hello all,

I am planning to have trip near Owen Sound next weekend; however, have no idea where to park.

Have anyone parked around that area? There is a parking listed on the map but don't how accurate is it. 

Untitled.jpg

There's parking at the mono mall in Orangeville. I don't know how close that is to you.

• Like 1