PARKING

DOM

2 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

Planning to do day ride with my family Sudbury area tomorrow on East side of Wanapitei Lake, I see some yellow trails there. Any idea where  can I park my truck and trailer for 5-6 hours. Usually I park at Sudbury Trail Plan Association yard, but trails is still not open there. Sportsman's Lodge Wilderness Resort not a option, they not allow to park if you dont have a room reserved. Thanks

George still there? Maybe if you call and ask him if you can park for day and throw him  10 dollars he probabily wouldn’t mind, unless it is full of trucks and trailers for weekend. Maybe soup has another idea. 

16 hours ago, andreyboater said:

Planning to do day ride with my family Sudbury area tomorrow on East side of Wanapitei Lake, I see some yellow trails there. Any idea where  can I park my truck and trailer for 5-6 hours. Usually I park at Sudbury Trail Plan Association yard, but trails is still not open there. Sportsman's Lodge Wilderness Resort not a option, they not allow to park if you dont have a room reserved. Thanks

Park at the STP yard or head out past the airport and park at the skead recreation center.

You can find the rec center with google maps.

Let me know when your heading in, maybe I'll ride with you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

can i park over night at Opeongo Square in Barrys Bay ? ... if not where should i park ?....my go to lot at the Shell station now has a car wash in the parking lot

cheers

• 10 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 5:22 PM, Bigfish said:

Yeah, that's where he was.

Apparently there is an obcsure sign in a tree indicating no parking!

Old post but does the sign not say "No parking in front of driveway?  At least it used to, parked there last year.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Sksman said:

What parking is available around Kearney area?

Looking at day ride on Wednesday.  

Lots of parking in this area.  A lot of riders park at the Emsdale tourist info centre when you exit Hwy 11, right in Kearney you can park up at the Legion and ball park area, and the back side of the Community Centre against the tree/fences area, and Rickwards has some parking across from the polaris dealership.  Rickwards is asking that parking be as close together as possible.  A few riders have decided to just stop on the roads and park where trails cross main roadways.  Not a nice idea, plows cant get around and its just plain rude to other vehicles.  We have seen some being ticketed by the OPP.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KearneyCookhouse said:

Lots of parking in this area.  A lot of riders park at the Emsdale tourist info centre when you exit Hwy 11, right in Kearney you can park up at the Legion and ball park area, and the back side of the Community Centre against the tree/fences area, and Rickwards has some parking across from the polaris dealership.  Rickwards is asking that parking be as close together as possible.  A few riders have decided to just stop on the roads and park where trails cross main roadways.  Not a nice idea, plows cant get around and its just plain rude to other vehicles.  We have seen some being ticketed by the OPP.

Where is your restaurant located and are you open for takeout?

25 minutes ago, KearneyCookhouse said:

Thank you for the advice.  I look forward to spending the day in the area social distancing and stress relieving.

20 hours ago, KearneyCookhouse said:

A few riders have decided to just stop on the roads and park where trails cross main roadways.  Not a nice idea, plows cant get around and its just plain rude to other vehicles.  We have seen some being ticketed by the OPP.

As they should be.  Dumbasses

• Like 2

Thinking about heading out this way for a rip, have never been on the E106 going north, I see it is yellow up to Bancroft.....any suggestions for staging, places to see/stay away from. I don't need to hear anything about any BS restrictions so save your typing skills for positive replies only

Thx

• Like 1

There is a parking area north side of Hwy 7 just east of Marmora. It is adjacent to the railbed. I'm not sure if it is plowed or not.

You got the lot that reverend mentioned. Closer to Havelock is a large lot on county road 50 approx 200 metres South of Highway 7.both are right on trail.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, pt3189 said:

You got the lot that reverend mentioned. Closer to Havelock is a large lot on county road 50 approx 200 metres South of Highway 7.both are right on trail.

I forgot about it. I drove by it coming back from Campbellford the other week.

1330244629_CR50LOT.JPG.918d506115152cdd4a06f64c3224d6f1.JPG

Looks like there might be issues connecting w/ E106 if you stage @ the lot PT mentioned.

When you’re on the E106 watch for the creek crossings. Most of the bridges are raised quite a bitter higher than the trail and if you hit them too fast you’ll launch. If you’re prepared for it they’re fine but the first time you hit one unprepared you’ll scare the crap out of yourself. E106 is 500’ from my place near Stirling and I’ve done the railbed way too many times into Bancroft.

Once your south of 7 it’s the crossings that the farmers have from one side to another that sneak up on you. It’s a fast rip to Bancroft that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

@Turbo Tim If this is your 1st trip, just watch for the road crossings. I have found over the years the Stop Ahead signs could be brushed (I've stopped & trimmed branches) for better visibility. Some of the Stop signs are a nice shade of pink. Not sure if they're still reflective @ night or not. I guess the EOTA has other priorities...

There’s a little parking lot that not many know about at station road in Bonarlaw just north of Springbrook. Not a big lot at all. 
We refer to this as the Bonarlaw junction. 
I fully suspect the stretch of trail from here to Marmora to have lots of rocks as we haven’t really got much snow at all. Usually some washout spots thru the mine too so keep an eye for. I’ll probably get on it this weekend myself. 

C74E71E2-479B-4E34-96ED-5FBCE62476AA.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah I drove around looking at places to unload and I saw that, it is small for sure maybe 3-4 rigs at best. Still debating where to ride, the only issue around here is the limited parking, hate to come all this way and end up having to go somewhere else

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dragon600 said:

There’s a little parking lot that not many know about at station road in Bonarlaw just north of Springbrook. Not a big lot at all. 
We refer to this as the Bonarlaw junction. 
I fully suspect the stretch of trail from here to Marmora to have lots of rocks as we haven’t really got much snow at all. Usually some washout spots thru the mine too so keep an eye for. I’ll probably get on it this weekend myself. 

C74E71E2-479B-4E34-96ED-5FBCE62476AA.jpeg

In better conditions, is parking allowed by the train station in Stirling? I seem to remember a lot of vacant space there when passing thru. Its only a short distance west to Anson & then north thru Bonarlaw...

Also, there is a trailhead east of Campbellford where the rail trail heads east. Not sure of the road name/number.

Campbellford:

1402882252_CampbellfordPkg.thumb.JPG.c9fa780e83bcd4f7f68610fea1a9a8bd.JPG

Stirling:

1549426583_StirlingMap.thumb.JPG.ac2f3eb93e44d8b2ee38ee2a865df439.JPG

On 1/20/2021 at 6:41 PM, revrnd said:

There is a parking area north side of Hwy 7 just east of Marmora. It is adjacent to the railbed. I'm not sure if it is plowed or not.

Thanks for posting. Used this lot today. Half of it is plowed. Room for 6-7 rigs. Its on Station Rd. Trail crosses this road right beside lot. Nobody else there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thetorches said:

Thanks for posting. Used this lot today. Half of it is plowed. Room for 6-7 rigs. Its on Station Rd. Trail crosses this road right beside lot. Nobody else there. 

That sounds like a different lot than what I was thinking of. Mind you it has been a few winters since I've ridden that far south (been thru there in the Ranger in the summer though)

301985081_MarmoraStation.JPG.3ef96590e8f466a615cdb97da28798b4.JPG