2 Week Trip - Redscreen Riders ‘on the fly’

carman80

We are planning a 2 week trip starting and ending from Mont Laurier area March 9th - 24th(16 days total; 2 travel days and 14 days of riding). The plan is to ride 300-500km/day and just cover as much of Quebec trails as possible. The entire trip should be around 5,000km and include  Gaspe and Sept-iles. We plan on picking our route and making arrangement for accommodations every morning while eating breakfast(weather, grooming activity and conditions dependant). We have done many planned saddle bag trips in Northern Ontario and Quebec where route, gas, food and accommodations have all been pre-planned and booked but we have always wanted to try an ‘on the fly’ style trip.

Looking for input from experienced Quebec riders and hopefully someone that has done this ‘on the fly’ style trip before. 

Carm

Following....   Sounds like a blast!

We did a smaller version of that twice I think with no issues....abitibi region once and out towards mont tremblant once.

It was amazing the hospitality we encountered when rolling into small towns with not bookings!

17 minutes ago, stoney said:

We did a smaller version of that twice I think with no issues....abitibi region once and out towards mont tremblant once.

It was amazing the hospitality we encountered when rolling into small towns with not bookings!

I'm surprised riding an arctic cat you would roll into a town and not be towed in...…….

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, stoney said:

You forget you ride a doo now, careful where you throw those stones.....lol.

:D

There's a guy on DOOtalk that said they are doing a 6 week ride around Quebec.  That would be epic

3 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

:D

There's a guy on DOOtalk that said they are doing a 6 week ride around Quebec.  That would be epic

Guys like Reeves who don't work in the winter can manage all that riding.... lol

That would be expensive.....I think I was usually around a g note for past week long sled trips (all in).

21 minutes ago, stoney said:

Guys like Reeves who don't work in the winter can manage all that riding.... lol

That would be expensive.....I think I was usually around a g note for past week long sled trips (all in).

Rent free!

I'm heading to the camp tomorrow for a few days actually. Back for few then back up again without the family. Big trip planned with Nunz second week of February. We might both be on second engines by then.

13 minutes ago, reevester said:

Rent free!

I'm heading to the camp tomorrow for a few days actually. Back for few then back up again without the family. Big trip planned with Nunz second week of February. We might both be on second engines by then.

Lol...I knew it wouldn't take long!

Good thing the dealers have those 850's sitting on the shelf just waiting to go.

I'm sure yours will be fine....sounded like Nunz already has 2k on his and still ticking!

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

Lol...I knew it wouldn't take long!

Good thing the dealers have those 850's sitting on the shelf just waiting to go.

I'm sure yours will be fine....sounded like Nunz already has 2k on his and still ticking!

Talk about a guy who doesn't work. Sheesh. 

lol, will be around 3k by end of next week or more, tick tock tick tock

15 minutes ago, stoney said:

Working the trough.... lol

Not nunz lol 

The wife and I did a trip similar on the bike when we went to the east coast for 3 weeks 2 summers ago.

Was a blast.

Archived