Oxygen Helmets

signfan

I rigged up a test lead with leftover cables and a red 12v light.

Trouble shooting is easy on a cold day. It is usually the cable.

Test Lead.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-Fly said:

I tried one on at the Cove yesterday. I paused just for this reason. The mic will be awkward.

You'll definitely need a com with detachable mic/speakers to be able to wire it like @SalemRene did.

I use a Sena and have ordered a new helmet mount for it so I can fish the wires in.

2 hours ago, flash 800 said:

does the battery die quickly for you? I have the same one and always have to keep it warm when we stop to get a few hours out of it.

Do you put the mic up under the face seal?

flash 800 I was surprised, I charged my unit at lunch for maybe half an hour and it worked flawlessly all day. It was a cold day but no issues with the unit so far. 

lakejoe is there a warranty recall on the visor or only replaceable if the specific visor malfunctions? 

15 minutes ago, SalemRene said:

lakejoe is there a warranty recall on the visor or only replaceable if the specific visor malfunctions? 

Good question. Wendy at The Cove made it sound like it was a recall but I would imagine they’ll only consider replacing it if the malfunction is visible. 

No recall. If it fails it will be replaced.

They've increased inventory of shields at the warehouses. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm considering buying an Oxygen helmet as I'm not crazy about the mask used in the Mod 3.

SkiDoo recommends using a balaclava with this helmet.   I found that strange.   Anyone know why they recommend using a balaclava?

Do you wear one with this helmets?

thanks

brian

3 hours ago, Candubrain said:

I'm considering buying an Oxygen helmet as I'm not crazy about the mask used in the Mod 3.

SkiDoo recommends using a balaclava with this helmet.   I found that strange.   Anyone know why they recommend using a balaclava?

Do you wear one with this helmets?

thanks

brian

I only wear a balaclava with this helm when it’s really cold. The heated visor on the highest setting creates a lot of heat. I’m usually sweating in it.

Maybe they recommend the balaclava to soak up the sweat? :rotflmao:

• Like 1

that makes sense.  I couldn't understand the need when it has a neck gator built it

@Nunz  - i know you posted awhile ago on this, but which model of the modular mx-9 are you running? I've been eyeing a possible backup lid in a modular design for longer/colder rides. 

9 minutes ago, MXZSlider said:

@Nunz  - i know you posted awhile ago on this, but which model of the modular mx-9 are you running? I've been eyeing a possible backup lid in a modular design for longer/colder rides. 

I have 2 of the Bell MX-9 helmets with the electric shield, was very happy with them, I did buy one of the new CKK Mission helmets from Wildbill at the Toronto Sled show, from everything I read about it and talked to some that actually used the prototypes last year it should be a good helmet, I really liked the AMS system and that is pretty much a Titan with an electric Shield with better venting. Time will tell if it is as good as they are hyping it to be. I will be sure to do a report on it once the season starts up.

• Like 1

Myself and Mrs Iq turbo both have the Oxygen helmets. Best helmets we have had to date. Bit of a learning cuvre with these, as for the type of balaclava to wear, and the settings to be on for the conditions. But unparalleled vision and comfort. 4 year warranty, and the price is not cheap..

• 3 months later...

Feel so upset for earlier trails closure and canceled my trip, at least got some compensation and bought last available XL Oxygen helmet for fair price.  So will upgrade my Modular 3 for next season :rolleyes:

oxygen.png

Edited by andreyboater