Revrnd's Adventures

revrnd

On 3/17/2019 at 8:45 PM, revrnd said:

Staged up in Wilberforce today. That area got a couple of inches of snow on Sat' night. Trails a bit icy underneath.

The Shoe Tree on 602 east of Drag Lake in the Scout Reserve. 

894594326_20190317_133840-ShoeTreeCopy.jpg.759057b57715f097af4b1fd7f427c00c.jpg

Anyone familiar w/ this area? The signage say that 602 ends where Inkinen Lane starts off the Kennaway Road. The iTG shows it continuing west to Dudley Road & then north to Blueberry Lane.

Ex-TTC Peter Witt streetcar.

No sign of Denis...:confused: Oh wait, wrong spelling :icon_doh:

Looking east at the HCSA #10 turnoff to Haliburton Lake.

37462564_20190317_143908-LookingEastTOPEHCSA10Copy.jpg.0b48a978bb885155939f8f4a9822e172.jpg

Looking west. Trails were in great shape. TOP E seemed icier in the corners than the Miskwabi Trail, so be careful if riding thru there in the next few days.

And some people wonder why their tracks don't last. :wtf:

Ebert Welding New Holland T5 demo in Wilberforce

Great pics, Revrnd! Thanks for sharing.

I haven't ridden those trails in and around Wilberforce in years, unfortunately. I have quite a few friends on Esson lake and I use to go up every year but due to life things getting in the way, it's been too long. I'm retiring in July so I am hoping next winter all that changes. Same goes for the Whitney/Madawaska/ Barry's Bay areas. Rode many miles on those trails back in the day as well. 

• Like 1

Same here about the Wilberforce area. W/o TOP E being intact up until this season I avoided it. When groveryyz mentioned the streetcar I had to go look for it LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

Same here about the Wilberforce area. W/o TOP E being intact up until this season I avoided it. When groveryyz mentioned the streetcar I had to go look for it LOL

When I travel I always want to see the wacky and weird attractions, signs and landmarks. Might make a good topic for next season.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

When I travel I always want to see the wacky and weird attractions, signs and landmarks. Might make a good topic for next season.

Good idea.

I have a pic somewhere of my sled parked beside an old Sea-doo (Bombi's 1st attempt @ a PWC) 'parked' in a field beside the trail.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this was my 1st ride or not LOL

image.thumb.png.9a543f1ef95b25972ed1c9270f29c12e.png

• Like 1