Great Northern Expedition - Endurance Snowmobile Ride

carman80

Ryan,

Won't quote your whole post but I do believe you've done your due diligence. We volunteers want riders to ride safely during this event as well as at all times. We're not naive...we are well aware of how many riders "experience" our trails.

I wish you luck and all participants trouble-free trails.

Ryan

have all of the clubs that you have tentative routes planned through been notified that there may be heavy traffic through their areas on March 2?  As well as the gas stops that you may have planned on using?

Good luck with the event of it is a big success will the charity change yearly?

15 minutes ago, gobills said:

have all of the clubs that you have tentative routes planned through been notified that there may be heavy traffic through their areas on March 2?  As well as the gas stops that you may have planned on using?

Good luck with the event of it is a big success will the charity change yearly?

I haven't contacted the clubs for every area that the route may pass through... at least not yet.  Being such a spread out area I can't see that having a few extra sleds on the trails making a huge impact, but I could be wrong.  The Northern ON clubs do such a fantastic job at keeping the trails spectacular I have never had a problem riding up there in the past even when the hotels have been fully booked. 

The CFFF is a charity that hits close to home for a lot of us that are involved in organizing this event.  We haven't thought that far ahead yet to consider changing the charity but there is a possibility that we could include additional charities as the event progresses.  If there is a charity that someone would like to see included for future events I am always open to discussing possibilities in person the weekend of the event.

We are hoping for a good turnout as well.  You never know if an event will take off until you give it a try.  From the response that we have received to date, it is shaping up to be very successful. Thanks for the kind words

All of my questions and concerns have been answered or mentioned in the comments above.  Thank you all for your replies. 

No harm can come from a good discussion like this one. Obviously Ryan has done his homework and he's covering all the issues. 

Good job and welcome to OC !!

The reality is would be surprised if there is a single poster here that does 50 km/h on the trail particularly up north sell included...........

Simple, get the liability point and the calculation but looking at the numbers and figuring the hours would assume riding 50 and never stopping. Just stating reality. Could start on what is the right speed limit on the trail but been discussed many times over. Perhaps something Ontario could learn from Quebec at least on bigger trails with 70 k limit.

These types of events should be encouraged - they draw attention to the sport and community.

It'll be great.

How is the charity being supported?  Are all proceeds being donated to the charity on behalf of the event?  If not, what percentage, etc is supporting the charity? 

Does Canuck Powersports or any non-charitable organization or individual profit from this event in any way?  

On 1/8/2019 at 1:06 PM, Domino said:

How is the charity being supported?  Are all proceeds being donated to the charity on behalf of the event?  If not, what percentage, etc is supporting the charity? 

Does Canuck Powersports or any non-charitable organization or individual profit from this event in any way?  

Great questions, are you guys setting up a 'Go Fund Me' page?

• 1 month later...

Roger and I just got back from a 3 day 1,500km ride in Quebec, 5 more sleeps until we head up to Cochrane to take part in this great event! How many OCers have signed up?

We have arrived in Cochrane and doing final preparations for the event.  Thank you to all of those that are participating and our staff looks forward to meeting all of you.

Ryan Hawkins

Canuck Powersports

Archived