East of north bay today

atventure

nhEEfXI.jpg

Lots of snow, lots of people out packing. ;-) I even found fresh groomer tracks (no drag). Obviously I was only riding on logging roads (no private property).

Cheers

Woooohoooo!!!

I used all my likes for the day, or you'd be getting one!

(EDIT: Got my new quota, so you got a retroactive 'like')

10cm of snow on the way for tonight/tomorrow ;-) Lows of -20 + in the next week as well. Going to be a good season me thinks. Trout Lake is 90% frozen as of this morning as well... Nipissing has been solid for 2 weeks.

Very Sweet:roll:

1 hour ago, atventure said:

nhEEfXI.jpg

Lots of snow, lots of people out packing. ;-) I even found fresh groomer tracks (no drag). Obviously I was only riding on logging roads (no private property).

Cheers

Great pic ATV..

Wonderful news in the follow up. Lake we're on ( Six Mile) in Port Severn basically melted last weekend. Assumed North Bay would be similar. Glad things are firm up there.

1 hour ago, atventure said:

nhEEfXI.jpg

Cheers

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, atventure said:

nhEEfXI.jpg

Cheers

Is this out near songis?

6 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Is this out near songis?

Picture was taken on the trail just north of the fish hatchery

Any idea what sand dam logging Rds are like ?

Looks great!!

Blake's gonna be out trashing those roads today methinks ....

Nice pics, you have way more snow than we do in Hearst.

41 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Blake's gonna be out trashing those roads today methinks.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my new double trailer. Much prefer to ride with a partner in that area. Cell service is very sketchy.

41 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my new double trailer. Much prefer to ride with a partner in that area. Cell service is very sketchy.

Let me know if you want to get together for a ride sometime. We are currently getting hammered with snow.

I rode 3/4 of the way from the fish hatchery to Sand Dam and there was many tracks the whole way. As far as I am concerned a groomer could pass the entire trail no issue. We have gotten at least 7cm of fresh snow so far this morning in North Bay so I bet they got at least 10-15 in Red Bridge area.. still snowing like crazy too.

Awesome!

What days of the week are you generally available?

1 minute ago, Blake G said:

Awesome!

What days of the week are you generally available?

Laid off right now (canoe trip outfitter in summer), although I'm looking for work so schedule may change any time

Nice sled. I've got the 9000 version. Do you get lots of compliments on it? I sure do.  I see your seat turned yellow like mine and all the others have. I just bought mine new at the end of last march and it turned yellow by mid summer. Yet it was in a crate for a year and the seat was perfectly fine when I picked it up. Weird. I was out there last saturday......so were the cops. lol

37 minutes ago, flash 800 said:

Nice sled. I've got the 9000 version. Do you get lots of compliments on it? I sure do.  I see your seat turned yellow like mine and all the others have. I just bought mine new at the end of last march and it turned yellow by mid summer. Yet it was in a crate for a year and the seat was perfectly fine when I picked it up. Weird. I was out there last saturday......so were the cops. lol

Hah really the cops were out already??!! On sleds?!

I bought mine last March or April as well, thats funny. Did you get yours at Carlsons as well?

As for the seat I haven't even really noticed to be honest, as long as the sled is reliable i dont care Lol.

I might go for a ride tomorrow A.M... just mounted my GoPro to my helmet.. i wanna check it out... gonna go fill up some gas cans cheap on the reserve.

Cheers

On 12/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, Muskoka Man said:

Any idea what sand dam logging Rds are like ?

That's an area I'd like to spend some time riding in. Other than a RAN tour back in 2014 & a loop from Armstrong Park (non-sledding friends live on Camelot Dr) out to Bonfield a few earlier, that's been it. 

During the RAN tour, I lead my buddy off Trout Lake  (@The Cove beach) & over to their house. My friend's wife was quite surprised when the 2 of us pulled up in their driveway on sleds. 

7 hours ago, flash 800 said:

:right_on: on the avatar pic.

Lived on Camelot, many moons ago. Spent summers @ the Cove!

22 minutes ago, Micar said:

Lived on Camelot, many moons ago. Spent summers @ the Cove!

My friends have lived there since '99. Heading north for sled trips since 2000, it had kind of been on my bucket list to ride to their house LOL The weekend I did the loop out to Bonfield, (we had chatted during a stop in NB on our way back from New Liskeard) I said I could visit in a couple of weeks. Well there had been a thaw and the was a huge lake @ the corner of Camelot & Lakeside. That's why I unloaded @ Armstrong. Saw 1st hand how the snow can 'disappear' on the railbed out to Fossmill & then turn north to Bonfield & there was a pile of snow.

Left North Bay in ‘89. Used to ride the 69 Olympic down Camelot to the Cove and onto Trout Lake. 

1 minute ago, Micar said:

Left North Bay in ‘89. Used to ride the 69 Olympic down Camelot to the Cove and onto Trout Lake. 

That would be handy!

Camelot is a stones throw from where I live, Trout Lake is under 2 minutes via snowmobile. I'm on Circle Lake

Archived