Tri Fold Ramp On Sale

Diceman

noticed that Canadain Tire has the snowmobile tri fold ramps on sale for $178....great deal...have had one from there for a few years and still working great...

8 hours ago, Diceman said:

noticed that Canadain Tire has the snowmobile tri fold ramps on sale for $178....great deal...have had one from there for a few years and still working great...

It's a lot better deal than princess auto. They have a tri-fold on sale for $289.99. Regular price is $419.99. I don't know what the difference is. Look pretty similar to me.

1 hour ago, thetorches said:

It's a lot better deal than princess auto. They have a tri-fold on sale for $289.99. Regular price is $419.99. I don't know what the difference is. Look pretty similar to me.

Could be something like the gauge of metal used and not evident from a picture... you never know.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diceman said:

Me too 

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Could be something like the gauge of metal used and not evident from a picture... you never know.

buddy bought one from princess a year ago, no difference ...he took his back and bought a crappy tire one for 1/2 the price....I use mine year round for sled in winter and atv and lawnmower rest of the year and I leave it outside...no issues.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

20201127_112055.thumb.jpg.f9255c01068aece818f890e90729c41d.jpgPrincess Auto has the Erickson version on sale Nov' 24 to Dec' 6.

I bought one last year and its easy to load, I find it easier to pull it off rather then reverse under power. It fits fine beside the sled on my 6 1/2ft box when sled is loaded and folds into 1/3 it's width. I throw a sheet of 3/8 plywood in the back to protect the bed. I'd pay full price for it, but as usual with crappy tire I'm sure it will go on sale soon.

Edited by Poo Man

2 hours ago, zoso said:

is it easy to load a sled using these?

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Hmmmmmmm, just checked CTC website and flyer. Ramp is $299 not on sale.

No the flyer is from Princess Auto.

14 hours ago, zoso said:

is it easy to load a sled using these,

Last year was my 1st season using 1. I found it easier to use than the 'lock & roll' type ramps. No need to push or pull any dead weight.

That truck had an eight foot box.

As for it being easy, I was always more comfortable using the ramp with a two stroke sled as opposed to a four stroke. Many times the ramp was merely coming along "just in case" I wasn't able to find a suitable snowbank for loading. It worked best to unload as in the video, and then move the truck (if I could find a suitable snowbank) for reloading after the ride.

Edited by Blake G

I was watching some vids of ladder ramps the other day, and one brand that appears to be "name brand" (I don't recall what it was) appeared to have forked tangs for at the tailgate so that it doesn't come up on you when loading. My ramps don't have that - and we have eaten the back of my truck a few times over the last 20 years, but that has always been in a spot where the bottom of the ramp did not set level, and generally was actually on ice (even melt water the one time - boy my chum was pissed! LOL!)

I have seen on some of them that there is a strap from the upper middle that will hook to your ball hitch to help keep it from jumping up on you.

This could be added to your ramp as well.

Blake - has that snowflap been clipped?

Ramsomair - The devil is in the details. (post dates)

Edited by Ox
  • Like 1

The people that came to pick up the sled I sold loaded it easily into the back of their pickup using a trifold ramp that looks about the same. There's straps to hold it in place. They folded it up and put it on edge beside the sled.

1 hour ago, Ox said:

Blake - has that snowflap been clipped?

I don't think so. Not by me, at least...but the Snowtrax boys put the first 300 miles on the machine, before I bought it from Byers Equipment in Atherley. 

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

The people that came to pick up the sled I sold loaded it easily into the back of their pickup using a trifold ramp that looks about the same. There's straps to hold it in place. They folded it up and put it on edge beside the sled.

Hey 02sled it’s a Rev Arc ramp that we used.  

Pretty good ramp with an additional traction section that folds out so no spinning out on icy parking lots.

• Like 1