Early rides 2018 - 2019

Blake G

I was also up in that area this weekend, between Parry Sound n sprucedale. The sequin “C103D” near me was well used yesterday lol plenty of sleds were out..

Like reevester said there’s still lots of water under the snow.. 

Theres plenty of snow around the area after the recent squalls but varies depending where you go. 

A714C531-AE7D-445E-9CBA-50A70E6536BE.jpeg

• Like 2

I made my annual pilgrimmage:

20181209_165053.jpg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Looks like they cleaned up the Sprucedale Hotel from the last time I was in it. It was a dive. Maybe it still is. Just a cleaner dive.

We usually go to the little place right across the road for lunch. We aren't looking for anything alcoholic so it is the better choice. Last time we were in the hotel we got semi frozen chilli and one of the guys never did get his lunch but they did bring him a bill.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wouldn’t recommend that place to my worse enemy..

I also can’t understand why there is always 100 sleds parks in its lot at any given time during the weekend.

• Like 1

I know lol.. 

25 minutes ago, Fabio said:

I wouldn’t recommend that place to my worse enemy..

I also can’t understand why there is always 100 sleds parks in its lot at any given time during the weekend.

I actually stayed there one night. Not by choice. Made my own breakfast and coffee.Owners where no where to found. Also stayed at the Arlington in Manooth.What a treat that was.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

We usually go to the little place right across the road for lunch. We aren't looking for anything alcoholic so it is the better choice. Last time we were in the hotel we got semi frozen chilli and one of the guys never did get his lunch but they did bring him a bill.

X 2 on the place across the road.

Out to remove a map board ad today

1646822732_20181209_150249HadPenJctMapBoard-Copy.thumb.jpg.4aaf1737aeb07db6f1d7fd38aedb369e.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gtserider said:

I actually stayed there one night. Not by choice. Made my own breakfast and coffee.Owners where no where to found. Also stayed at the Arlington in Manooth.What a treat that was.

Now we're talkin':blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zoso said:

They sell beer 

Yup and it's a total heat score. Cops get you at the next road crossings east and west of the place.

Little ride around town again tonight, all 4 of us on 3 sleds. Another 14.8 km ....

• Like 4

rode the new sled out Dub's north trail. Lynne and I were first sled tracks on trail. (there were a few tracked atv tracks, close to town). and the road portion had old truck tracks on it past the RR crossing at km 17. rode out to the old airport curve (km 30), and back.

round trip we put on 40 miles. the sled has a hard rev limit set for the first 18 minutes, doesnt allow for anything over 6400 rpm's, and pours the fuel and oil to her as well. after 7.5 miles (putting around, up and down on the throttle), no more rev limit, OFF WE GO!!! 

THE NEW SLED IS AWESOME! so smooth, very little vibration in bars, feet. alot better than our 2009 m8's. BUT, and its a BIG BUT.... the 2.5" windshield makes the sled look tough but, it is ccccccold as hell and then some. didnt take the time to install my hand guards so, my hands were cold too. LOL! had to switch with the wife and ride the older sled with a windshield and functioning warmers, a time or maybe two... LOL! 

was a good first ride. we need more snow but, the cold weather the last 4-6 weeks really froze everything up. we even rode across the magpie, in town. no grooming yet, we need more snow. should be a great season. we will be back up dec 21- jan7th. Ski 

Edited by skidooboy
  • Like 6

Explored some new to me bush trails south of parry sound. Good base, with a foot of fresh. Carbide hit maybe 5-10 rocks for a 6 hr ride.  Made sure we were legal - checked crown atlas and parry sound gis, also had gps with crown land layer.  these things really can go anywhere. 

F6830AF0-1D5D-43A4-AAE0-16254FA0C4F8.jpeg

95D1CC55-B85E-49D4-BE0D-686549CB4FD9.jpeg

CF374E4E-A026-425D-A06F-106ED1A96FDC.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks like fun, dirtybeacher!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Hopefully, OCers are not guilty of trespassing as noted in Facebook post below.  The absolute biggest threat to organized snowmobiling.  This was a repost by BSC from another OFSC Club.

Look likes great riding conditions, NOT!

Who the (fill in the blank) rides on what 2" of snow?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Look likes great riding conditions, NOT!

Who the (fill in the blank) rides on what 2" of snow?

Every high school kid in Hearst. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 Trail Closed signs and 2 Winter Wheat stay on trail signs in the picture. Extra effort to double sign and get the message across.

No amount of educating would help those 2 idjots

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Every high school kid in Hearst. 

LOL...funny but true

13 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

LOL...funny but true

... and most other places too I imagine....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The roads were fluffy and white near Port Sydney, on November 12, 2018.

11,029 kms later, on May 7, 2019: grey and tired on crown land.

20190507_133034.jpg

20190507_130549.jpg

20190507_130405.jpg

20190507_172051.jpg

I loved every minute of it.

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 4