2019 Halliburton trail conditions and other info

Info on trail 4 out of Minden from District 6 at the snowmobile show.  They have done a land survey from scotch line road up to 12 mile lake where it meets Mountain lake.  They are still unsure of the route once they are at the dam, this will be in the future as i was told.  So for this year still the same trail as previous.

• 2 months later...

Lakes are getting staked, was out on some on the weekend good running.  Trails that are opening are limited we are in desperate need of more snow in the area.

• teener pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone and everyone could please share hcsa post on facebook it would go  a long way.  They are currently having landowner issues at the end of eagle lake which is the b trail and have taken all measures to make people aware but are still havin people ride on the closed trail breaking through barriers.

Please pass this along on whatever media you can.  This is a vital link in the rap tour that we may lose.  Options are available but makes the trip longer if the lakes are not safe.

6 hours ago, gobills said:

If anyone and everyone could please share hcsa post on facebook it would go  a long way.  They are currently having landowner issues at the end of eagle lake which is the b trail and have taken all measures to make people aware but are still havin people ride on the closed trail breaking through barriers.

Please pass this along on whatever media you can.  This is a vital link in the rap tour that we may lose.  Options are available but makes the trip longer if the lakes are not safe.

With all due respect, Facebook shares are not going to do any good at all in regards to riders breaking through barrier tape and Trail Closed signs. While I respect the closure of the Camp Northland property and in no way condone ANYONE trespassing, I do understand the frustration caused by this closure. This is such a vital link, that its loss basically nullifies Eagle and Moose lakes, disrupts the flow from Hali to Whitney / RAP, gateway to the eastern end of Redstone / Kennisis etc. While there are some options, like E to 10 N to Haliburton Lake, they are, for many , a very long detour - only further aggravated by the logging / gravel stretch at Gan Israel Rd. and the fact that Haliburton Lake is still showing Red and unstaked.

The issue at Camp Northland is not dead and the door is not shut, but the ball is clearly in the OFSC court and beyond the capabilities of the HCSA. Only the OFSC can resolve the issue at this point. I doubt that we will see any opening of this route this season. ( if ever - fingers crossed )

What really needs to happen, riders need to start telling off those they ride with who can't bring themselves to stay on the trail. Doesn't help when we have so many jumping on x over and mountain sleds and just itching for a place to go play with it. Add in the fart cans and it's a flipping miracle we have any trails left.

Difference starts with each and every one of us.

Was out today had a good ride.

Trail 4 should be yellow not green not sure why its green so if anyone is planning on a fast green trail dont count on it. B to hali definately yellow.  All lakes are great redstone,kennesis,clear,raven,lake of bays, kushog st nora,hawk. Once up past Dorset trails are great much more snow.  Headed over toward huntsville on lob.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone in the area on Saturday the hcsa is having a ceremony on the beach river bridge and dedicating it to a past president who was a pioneer.  It's at 1pm right on the b trail at the beach river bridge which is just off north shore road .  Also another reference point would be safe haven resort.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:55 PM, gobills said:

Anyone in the area on Saturday the hcsa is having a ceremony on the beach river bridge and dedicating it to a past president who was a pioneer.  It's at 1pm right on the b trail at the beach river bridge which is just off north shore road .  Also another reference point would be safe haven resort.

I thought this was on the 23rd.

• 2 weeks later...

Feb 28_2019

Great solo ride today ! -20 c and the trails were amazing. Miles and miles of fresh, virgin grooming. This is as good as it gets. B trail, E trail, 10 trail - all great. The lakes ( Haliburton, Redstone, Kennisis, and the Hawks ) were very smooth. The melt down and further snow and cold has flattened them down to perfection. Want a Zen-like experience ? - Ride HCSA trails and clear your head. Thanks to the club for making it all come together !

B trail_between Stanhope and W Guilford.JPG

South Bay_Haliburton Lake.JPG

Whitney Trail_east of Haliburton Lake.JPG

12 hours ago, Cuyuna said:

Feb 28_2019

Great solo ride today ! -20 c and the trails were amazing. Miles and miles of fresh, virgin grooming. This is as good as it gets. B trail, E trail, 10 trail - all great. The lakes ( Haliburton, Redstone, Kennisis, and the Hawks ) were very smooth. The melt down and further snow and cold has flattened them down to perfection. Want a Zen-like experience ? - Ride HCSA trails and clear your head. Thanks to the club for making it all come together !

B trail_between Stanhope and W Guilford.JPG

South Bay_Haliburton Lake.JPG

Whitney Trail_east of Haliburton Lake.JPG

We did the same thing today except we went into minden then took the 112 to the 103.  Great day.  The 112 needs a groom but everything else was great.

• 3 weeks later...

Trail closure today - as posted in the HCSA FB site. Here's hoping nobody gets stranded because of the closure.

NOTICE:

EFFECTIVE SUNDAY AFTERNOON MARCH 24TH.

TOP TRAIL B will close for snowmobiling for the season between The Peter Overington Bridge (Beech River) and Braeloch Road for sap collection. Sincere thanks to our generous landowner for allowing us on his property. It will be gated and fenced at both ends to allow for the harvest.

Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy your pancakes.

Team HCSA

The actual trail is still in pretty good shape, but runs right through the landowner's maple grove. It's syrup time. My season is now over. I don't trailer any more as I now live where I trailered to for 35 years. I have ridden most of the province over the years, but now my riding lives and dies in Haliburton. This has been a fantastic season in Haliburton. The trails were great and I've never seen our lakes to be better. Racked up a lot of miles and smiles. Much appreciation to Club HCSA for a fantastic year !

Haliburton trails went fully RED last night. It's all over for the winter of 18/ 19. For those who are not done yet, may your trailer bearings spin freely.

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived