OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019

Blake G

Little help...

I bought both my permits last night, as I was pretty much SURE I wasn't going to get to "service" (HAH!) Ontario before the early bird deadline.

I entered the vin of my new(to me...) sled, but put NEWSLED in for the plate, as I figured plate to owner applied to sleds. Processed fine. 

Turns out I made it in to S.O. today, and after a 2 hour wait, determined my license "plate" remains the same. 

Seems I can't edit the info on the OFSC site post purchase. 

Do I need to go through transferring the permit before I receive it? 

Or just leave it. 

Hoping I don't have to contact the OFSC...

Thanks.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Little help...

I bought both my permits last night, as I was pretty much SURE I wasn't going to get to "service" (HAH!) Ontario before the early bird deadline.

I entered the vin of my new(to me...) sled, but put NEWSLED in for the plate, as I figured plate to owner applied to sleds. Processed fine. 

Turns out I made it in to S.O. today, and after a 2 hour wait, determined my license "plate" remains the same. 

Or just leave it. 

Thanks.

I am not entirely sure, but go back to the OFSC buying permit page and edit your profile. There is no link that says 'edit your profile' just a button that says 'edit' interestingly enough. hmmm Anyway, see if that works. I know while doing my purchase a minute change to my mailing address didn't 'take' as well as a couple of other selections.

30 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Little help...

Or just leave it. 

Thanks.

by license"plate" do you mean the registration # which comes from service Ontario as an adhesive decal ? If its the registration # (some people use custom decals) then it stays with the sled. It doesn't move from sled to sled.

Seems I can't edit, as permit is already assigned. 

Yes, plate as in the sticker. 

To be legal, you will have to transfer the permit.

9 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

The registration # (plate#) and validation sticker stay with the snowmobile not with the owner on snowmobiles. If someone at a Service Ontario office told you something different than that, they were wrong.

35 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Contact the ofsc office. As sledjunk said they will have to reissue a new permit. $15 to correct the mistake...

Or just forget it as your vin matches, and I seriously doubt you'll have your permit papwork checked. Even if you do, you have a good explanation

rec'd reply, my permits were shipped, asked when... rec'd response "the distribution centre sent you an email when they shipped" i responded, "NO they didnt send me an email when they shipped, and i am getting a failed transaction error on your website, HELP ME!!!  what a cluster. Ski

1 minute ago, skidooboy said:

rec'd reply, my permits were shipped, asked when... rec'd response "the distribution centre sent you an email when they shipped" i responded, "NO they didnt send me an email when they shipped, and i am getting a failed transaction error on your website, HELP ME!!!  what a cluster. Ski

Shhhhh

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

If you started an order and did not complete it,then returned and completed it, you will get that message later on. I did and get the same message as you,but it refers to my first visit when I did not complete the order.

Looking for a little help, ordered permit on the 18th and still haven't received.

Looking at confirmation email it says i can check status of permit on "my page" of the OFSC website, I have no clue where that is I've spent about half an hour looking and give up.

Where is this page located?  I have no idea where to even check the status and now regretting not having it sent priority mail as I took the regular option but just assumed maybe somehting would go right for once.

3 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

Looking for a little help, ordered permit on the 18th and still haven't received.

Looking at confirmation email it says i can check status of permit on "my page" of the OFSC website, I have no clue where that is I've spent about half an hour looking and give up.

Where is this page located?  I have no idea where to even check the status and now regretting not having it sent priority mail as I took the regular option but just assumed maybe somehting would go right for once.

I had the same thing happen. I emailed them and heard back within 2 minutes. 

24 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

I went through the same thing but I never received a shipment email. Tried finding my page but it wasn't anywhere I could get to. Ordered mine about the same time as you and it arrived by mail this past Monday.

Don't forget... mail is likely delayed due to the post office strike. Friend ordered his on the 19th and was wondering if he should be concerned. It arrived today. He hadn't had any mail in days and all of a sudden got a "chunk".

55 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I went through the same thing but I never received a shipment email. Tried finding my page but it wasn't anywhere I could get to. Ordered mine about the same time as you and it arrived by mail this past Monday.

Same here. No email, including my spam box but still showed up.

Ordered new sled permit today with tracking. 

Bring the snow.

OK thanks I see I'm not the only one.  I know there are rotating strikes but since I getting mail shipped to me after that date from other parts of Canada and arriving before this I was wondering.

Still no insight onto the "My page" or where it's located on that mess of a homepage.   I see the frustration people have with this org.

0rdered permit  oct 25 at 9 pm received it today oct 31 never have a problem and never pay extra for tracking

1 hour ago, SRXChris said:

OK thanks I see I'm not the only one.  I know there are rotating strikes but since I getting mail shipped to me after that date from other parts of Canada and arriving before this I was wondering.

Still no insight onto the "My page" or where it's located on that mess of a homepage.   I see the frustration people have with this org.

I agree the "my page" seems hard to find by navigating the ofsc site. Go to Google and search for 'ofsc my page' and I think you might land at the right place....which is https://permits.ofsc.on.ca

20181031_204629.jpg

I see somethings never change. Cant  order permits this evening. Wont go past 40% screen. Great job again. lol

14 minutes ago, higshemi said:

I see somethings never change. Cant  order permits this evening. Wont go past 40% screen. Great job again. lol

procrastination!!  We have a whole month to do this then people bitch when their server gets overloaded at the last minute.  You have all day tomorrow to try too.

Ongoing dialogue on OFSC Facebook...they asked people to log out and log back in...

The system seems to be working again....

20181031_213827.jpg

Archived