OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019

Blake G

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Got an email from one of our executive members who has tried to buy a permit for an undelivered sled & it was a no go.

The districts have had 'nicknames' for years D2: Central Eastern Area Snowmobile Region, D12: Sudbury Trail Plan, D14: TATA. 

For the geographically challenged, the numbers was probably better. I worked the D2 booth a few times over the years & had people pick up a map & look at the display & the map blowup behind us. They'll ask us where are we & I'll say Peterborough & Hastings counties. "Oh, we don't ride there" & they'll put down the map then walk to the next booth.

Use the vin for the old sled.

I used the one from my quad

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, soupkids said:

Use the vin for the old sled.

I used the one from my quad

Sounds like a page out of my father's account substitution. Run out of money for a tool project, write a box car number for the account that the project costs could be charged to.

16 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

IMHO it would have shown more class if they had stopped after their statement and not included your post. They could have also pm'd you with their explanation on OC since they would have no way of knowing if you would see their Facebook post.

Agreed.  They could have blacked out his name and pic at least.  Someone on here ratted him out and was a shitty deal to put his info on FB

18 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Agreed.  They could have blacked out his name and pic at least.  Someone on here ratted him out and was a shitty deal to put his info on FB

Well I can say for sure it wasn't me.

I don't even know what is being talked about.

8 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Well I can say for sure it wasn't me.

I don't even know what is being talked about.

There was a post on FB by the OFSC that had a screen shot of what yamatario said on here.  They called him out on his post and basically said he is wrong and it was his fault.  I think they could have gone about it in a better way

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

There was a post on FB by the OFSC that had a screen shot of what yamatario said on here.  They called him out on his post and basically said he is wrong and it was his fault.  I think they could have gone about it in a better way

Yea that's horse manure on their part, acting like their the KGB or something.

It would seem our federation leaders and staff are trying very hard to address rider concerns.

Bring on the new ITG, and bring on the snow.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

It would seem our federation leaders and staff are trying very hard to address rider concerns.

Bring on the new ITG, and bring on the snow.

Sunday snow was a real teaser. More please more.

8 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I just looked at the OFSC Facebook page and they have a response to the problem but no screenshot or reference from/to Yamatario that I can see. 

31 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I just looked at the OFSC Facebook page and they have a response to the problem but no screenshot or reference from/to Yamatario that I can see. 

I didn't see one either

glad i checked, was thinking the postal strike affected my permit receipt. rec'd order confirmation when i ordered 10/18/18, no permits still. went to the ofsc website, looking into my account, rec'd abandoned transaction warning. went to my visa website, verified they (ofsc) charged me for the 3 permits (posted to my account paid 10/19/18). followed the directions, from the confirmation email, forwarded the email to   permits@ofsc.on.ca with a photo showing my visa transaction... waiting on a response. hope they get it straightened out. Ski

13 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I didn't see one either

That same response to the issue was posted on District 5's facebook site today at 2 PM and yes, they still call their page  OFSC District 5

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

they pulled sometime this morning.  They had it up on their page when I made my comments here.  What's up there now is what they should have done in the first place

On 10/28/2018 at 8:26 PM, gobills said:

Not sure what happened with your buddy.

It does work i just did it.  Maybe capitals might be what he needs to do.

I emailed him the 'process' afterwards. He messaged me tonight to say that it must've worked as he got a confirmation email.

9 hours ago, skidooboy said:

glad i checked, was thinking the postal strike affected my permit receipt. rec'd order confirmation when i ordered 10/18/18, no permits still. went to the ofsc website, looking into my account, rec'd abandoned transaction warning. went to my visa website, verified they (ofsc) charged me for the 3 permits (posted to my account paid 10/19/18). followed the directions, from the confirmation email, forwarded the email to   permits@ofsc.on.ca with a photo showing my visa transaction... waiting on a response. hope they get it straightened out. Ski

Could be held up by the anticipated retaliatory trade tariffs about to be imposed by the Trudeaux government in exchange for U.S. not lifting those on steel and aluminum after NAFTA II was signed. Hear they are doing the same thing with fishing and hunting licenses for those out of country, contemplating same for foreigners owning land, and especially for those from U.S. owning fishing lodges in Canada and not letting anyone but their guests on the lakes.....but that's just what I hear.....I could be wrong.

;)

Of course I am joking my good friend.

I have asked this before on this board before and didn't receive any info on the subject, but is there anywhere online that the last seasons financials are available for viewing from the OFSC?   

I would have though that it would be the best interests of OFSC to have the years financials available for member viewing? 

58 minutes ago, snowman said:

I have asked this before on this board before and didn't receive any info on the subject, but is there anywhere online that the last seasons financials are available for viewing from the OFSC?   

I would have though that it would be the best interests of OFSC to have the years financials available for member viewing? 

There does not appear to be, at least anywhere clickable on the website. Are they handed out at the AGM? Shared with local clubs? Would the OFSC disclose/share if a formal request was made?

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Someone on your club's executive will have, or at least know how to get that type of information

The ofsc financials will not be publicly available online. The ofsc member clubs can get the information in print form. (It was available at the ofsc agm in September.)

How is the trail permit shipped if you chose the $10.00 priority option . Canada post signature for receipt of goods , or by courier  ?  Also am I correct to assume that only the registered owner is able to buy the permit (example registered owner and name on the credit card need to be the same) or can I purchase  a permit for a family member ? 

1 hour ago, northstar said:

How is the trail permit shipped if you chose the $10.00 priority option . Canada post signature for receipt of goods , or by courier  ?  Also am I correct to assume that only the registered owner is able to buy the permit (example registered owner and name on the credit card need to be the same) or can I purchase  a permit for a family member ? 

You can purchase the permit for another family member, I buy mine and my dads.

Archived