OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019

Blake G

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, gobills said:

Anyone have any insight as to what the OFSC plans to do if the postal workers go on strike??

I would think it will likely default to tracked shipping and be purrolated. No fault of the ofsc.   I think a deal on the postal strike will be reached...

I haven't ordered permit yet so we shall see I suppose..

20 hours ago, soupkids said:

Ordered both permits at the same time.

Got one in the mail today.

WTF ???? 

Maybe one of them is the "pre-travelled" type such as mine turned out to be. Kind of like a "game worn" sports sweater or jersey. No extra charge.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Maybe one of them is the "pre-travelled" type such as mine turned out to be. Kind of like a "game worn" sports sweater or jersey. No extra charge.

Slomo,

You have a head start on the season. That permit's travelled hundreds of kms.

3 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

I would think it will likely default to tracked shipping and be purrolated. No fault of the ofsc.   I think a deal on the postal strike will be reached...

I hope so... my wife will be on the picket line come Monday.... :(

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Slomo,

You have a head start on the season. That permit's travelled hundreds of kms.

Don't tell Blake and Denis, They will put the rollers down just to catch him.:D

53 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I hope so... my wife will be on the picket line come Monday.... :(

That sucks brother, I'd fight for equal pay as well. Hopefully they can get a deal made quickly....

Good afternoon,

We are monitoring the Canada Post situation closely and are on standby to make changes should a postal strike occur. Any delays and changes to the shipping method will be communicated on our website, in the newsletter (for all permit buyers) and on our social media pages.

Regards,

Rider Services Representative

Got this response today from the ofsc

Ordered my permit last night at 0200hrs. Dont ask I couldnt sleep so what better time to buy my permit :) 

With the postal strike looming I decided to pay the extra 10 bucks and opted for tracked shipping. I received the email stating  of my purchase and to log into my page on the ofsc site to see my tracked shipping. I tried to log onto the my page permit site and logged in and i cant get past the 2nd page of my sled registration. It says I cant edit my registration etc which is fine I dont want to but it wont let me continue on. Is there another page we are supposed to be on or ?? Thanks.

1 hour ago, SuperG said:

Ordered my permit last night at 0200hrs. Dont ask I couldnt sleep so what better time to buy my permit :) 

With the postal strike looming I decided to pay the extra 10 bucks and opted for tracked shipping. I received the email stating  of my purchase and to log into my page on the ofsc site to see my tracked shipping. I tried to log onto the my page permit site and logged in and i cant get past the 2nd page of my sled registration. It says I cant edit my registration etc which is fine I dont want to but it wont let me continue on. Is there another page we are supposed to be on or ?? Thanks.

Dude - it's Canada Post tracking you want. The tracking number should be on the confirmation email the order taking company sent you, not on the OFSC site -

1598962746_tracking01.thumb.jpg.dbba664ea39f8d933c076bba520fc1b7.jpg

the company doing the order receipt and sending now are in charge of it.

1287823761_tracking.jpg.faebe8efdb426280bd029ae9f9f401a1.jpg

Google Canada Post tracking, copy and paste the tracking number from your email into the box as instructed,

then click the button. A page will come up such as the one I posted previously where my pass went to Owen Sound and a few other places.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Dude - it's Canada Post tracking you want. The tracking number should be on the confirmation email the order taking company sent you, not on the OFSC site -

1598962746_tracking01.thumb.jpg.dbba664ea39f8d933c076bba520fc1b7.jpg

the company doing the order receipt and sending now are in charge of it.

1287823761_tracking.jpg.faebe8efdb426280bd029ae9f9f401a1.jpg

Google Canada Post tracking, copy and paste the tracking number from your email into the box as instructed,

then click the button. A page will come up such as the one I posted previously where my pass went to Owen Sound and a few other places.

Ok....this is the only email I got from them. I might be forest gump stupid but to me I dont see any tracking number to use just a confirmation number and to log into my permit site to see tracking etc. or am I missing something?? Sorry not too good with computers. 

IMG_6511.JPG

IMG_6510.PNG

6 hours ago, SuperG said:

Ok....this is the only email I got from them. I might be forest gump stupid but to me I dont see any tracking number to use just a confirmation number and to log into my permit site to see tracking etc. or am I missing something?? Sorry not too good with computers. 

Hopefully once your order gets processed with Canada Post (during normal business hours ) you will get an email with the tracking number. They acknowledge you paid for tracking though - that is a good sign. I just checked the first email I got from them (took screen saves as the process went along) which was similar to the one you posted. Tracking number email came later.

ordered ours last night. Ski

Curious. I have always ordered ours and had standard Canada Post mail delivery. I get the sense that some people are opting to pay extra for tracking since there is a potential of rotating postal strikes starting Monday. From what I see, even if you choose to pay the extra $'s for tracking it is still being delivered by Canada Post which would still be impacted by the rotating strikes, would it not? So it would seem there is little to no benefit of the tracking as it would pertain to a postal strike. The benefit would be that you would have a sense of how far the envelope got through the process before it was stopped by a strike. Now if it was a courier service like Fed Ex, that would be different.

5 hours ago, slomo said:

Hopefully once your order gets processed with Canada Post (during normal business hours ) you will get an email with the tracking number. They acknowledge you paid for tracking though - that is a good sign. I just checked the first email I got from them (took screen saves as the process went along) which was similar to the one you posted. Tracking number email came later.

Yes well after a full day and some of this morning with no follow up tracked shipping email yet is a little worrisome. 

And when I try to log In to my permit page I can only get to registered snowmobiles page where it says you can’t edit it and only option they give you is to go back. There is no other way for me to get my page to just check the status of my permit. And you call the office to inquire all you get is some automated bs and no option to talk to a live person! Sorry but frustrating to say the least! 

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Curious. I have always ordered ours and had standard Canada Post mail delivery. I get the sense that some people are opting to pay extra for tracking since there is a potential of rotating postal strikes starting Monday. From what I see, even if you choose to pay the extra $'s for tracking it is still being delivered by Canada Post which would still be impacted by the rotating strikes, would it not? So it would seem there is little to no benefit of the tracking as it would pertain to a postal strike. The benefit would be that you would have a sense of how far the envelope got through the process before it was stopped by a strike. Now if it was a courier service like Fed Ex, that would be different.

Yes but to me at least paying the extra $10 for tracked shipping gives me a little ease of mind but so far not really. Don’t think I’ll pay the extra next year. 

34 minutes ago, SuperG said:

Yes well after a full day and some of this morning with no follow up tracked shipping email yet is a little worrisome. 

And when I try to log In to my permit page I can only get to registered snowmobiles page where it says you can’t edit it and only option they give you is to go back. There is no other way for me to get my page to just check the status of my permit. And you call the office to inquire all you get is some automated bs and no option to talk to a live person! Sorry but frustrating to say the least! 

Yes but to me at least paying the extra $10 for tracked shipping gives me a little ease of mind but so far not really. Don’t think I’ll pay the extra next year. 

I don't pay the extra $10. If you don't get it, you have to get a police report and pay $15 for a replacement. As long as you order early, you've got time to sort it out before the snow flies. I really wish you could just pick them up in Barrie.

4 hours ago, Poo Man said:

I don't pay the extra $10. If you don't get it, you have to get a police report and pay $15 for a replacement. As long as you order early, you've got time to sort it out before the snow flies. I really wish you could just pick them up in Barrie.

Call me what you like. I still wish we would pick them up at the vendors. (Dealership)

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Call me what you like. I still wish we would pick them up at the vendors. (Dealership)

It would be nice but there were lots and I do mean lots of forms that were woefully incomplete or illegible and in some cases back dated to allow friends to get the lower price.

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

When the vendors our club had to sell permits were told they were going online only they said , thank god.. It was a burden for them especially on the 31st of each month prior to the price increase. 

I also know of some clubs who had to beg and pay to have permits sold at outlets... 

I do hear what you are saying about getting out and getting them in person, but not all vendors across the Province directly benefit from being a vendor..

IMHO it was a pain for the treasurers to keep track of it all......and a lot of work for the volunteers dropping off, and replenishing permits, and picking up unsold permits.

Another benefit of online sales, is that now the clubs automatically have the email addresses for all permit buyers.

57 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

It would be nice but there were lots and I do mean lots of forms that were woefully incomplete or illegible and in some cases back dated to allow friends to get the lower price.

14 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

When the vendors our club had to sell permits were told they were going online only they said , thank god.. It was a burden for them especially on the 31st of each month prior to the price increase. 

I also know of some clubs who had to beg and pay to have permits sold at outlets... 

I do hear what you are saying about getting out and getting them in person, but not all vendors across the Province directly benefit from being a vendor..

6 minutes ago, Blake G said:

IMHO it was a pain for the club treasurer to keep track of it all......and now the clubs automatically have the email addresses for all permit buyers.

What would be REALLY nice is to be able to pick them up at a Service Ontario office when you pick up your val tag. After all it is a MTO permit. They already process all the other MTO instruments.

Archived