How Not To Cross a Road?

revrnd

I'm surprised the guy that got 'stuck' on the road didn't spin his track...

You must be really bored to bother to post that for the sake of fussing aboot it.

I can tell you when I was riding last on Saturday leaving Cochrane, heading to Timmins.  There was almost a sled coming around every corner at me. I thought it might be safer to ride powder beside the trail. Then it dawned on me that someone might be riding powder on the wrong side of the trail coming straight at me, so back on trail I go. Not 10 mins later a group of 5 sledders are all riding powder on the wrong side of the trail. If I would have stayed over there it could have been deadly. Do other people see these actions too? At least these guys for most part where on the right side of the trail, minus lead guy. 

4 hours ago, Ox said:

You must be really bored to bother to post that for the sake of fussing aboot it.

We had been discussing how guys running long tracks have to replace their tracks. Can't imagine spinning a 2 or 3 inch paddle track on hard surfaces helps.

How doo you expect it hurts it?

Short of wearing off the tips - same as any other track?

Spinning on a log or deadfall - now THAT will tear up a track!

When that 150hp motor hooks up on a hard trail, or even simply when that lug comes around the rear axle wheel - flipping up that chunk for that putz behind you  - that will be the hardest that the lugs will ever work. Spinning on ice - not hardly....

Archived