Made big loop back in Timmins now.

Viperules700

Timmins trails are still good. Town trail is getting worn but was still ok. Here is a pic just outside of Timmins this afternoon. 

IMG_0555.JPG

Way to go, VR 700

Looks like trail snow base is hanging in.

You had so many sunny days! 

Great pics.

The past month has been great for riding. I guess Tues' would've been your coldest start?

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

The past month has been great for riding. I guess Tues' would've been your coldest start?

yes mins 21 when we left Timmins on Tuesday. Snow base is hanging in there, but roads are getting bad. The bridge on a11c was bad today 30 km's south of Timmins. 

900 mileage keeps getting better as miles roll on. Was equal to etec this trip. 

34 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Way to go, VR 700

Great pics.

Yes sun every single day. We really lucked out and doing south portion first was right move. Highway bridges and ploughed areas on trails will be bad now, no doubt. 

7 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Yes sun every single day. We really lucked out and doing south portion first was right move. Highway bridges and ploughed areas on trails will be bad now, no doubt. 

The bridges on C101D weren't great on our Timmins trip either. On our return leg, we followed the sled tracks across the Nat River where others had ridden.

44 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

yes mins 21 when we left Timmins on Tuesday. Snow base is hanging in there, but roads are getting bad. The bridge on a11c was bad today 30 km's south of Timmins. 

You need Ski Wheels

8 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You need Ski Wheels

Yeah they would be nice. Less drag on pavement no doubt. 

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

The 4 stroke is no better than the 2?

5 minutes ago, Ox said:

It was worse in past and now it is equal to etec pretty much. 

1 minute ago, Viperules700 said:

It was worse in past and now it is equal to etec pretty much. 

That bites!

On another note - may I wish you a blessing for actually posting NORTH stuff in the NORTH board. 

7 minutes ago, Ox said:

That bites!

On another note - may I wish you a blessing for actually posting NORTH stuff in the NORTH board. 

Thought being even with etec 600 was good. Four strokes seem to get better as milles pile on for some reason.

13 hours ago, Ox said:

I had 2 600SDIs (ZX & REV chassis) & if I was to dig thru my Northern Blastoff reports, I'm pretty sure I'd find they got maybe 1 or 2 mpg more than the 900 (as it stands right now). Riding style would've been similar, maybe just a touch slower on the straightaways & a more 'mixed' type of riding. 

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You need Ski Wheels

i watched my good buddy slomo in Kap.  pull into a bare parking lot, put his wheels down and drive around like he was driving a car.  Something i need to look into as the trail i take up north is getting groomed less and less, resulting in me riding more and more road to get to the trails and the club is considering removing the trail completely 

21 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I had 2 600SDIs (ZX & REV chassis) & if If was to dig thru my Northern Blastoff reports, I'm pretty sure I'd find they got maybe 1 or 2 mpg more than the 900 (as it stands right now). Riding style would've been similar, maybe just a touch slower on the straightaways & a more 'mixed' type of riding. 

You very well may have had a 600 Zx, but it wasn't SDI.

6 minutes ago, Ox said:

Um yeah....

I was a guinea pig for a season & a half w/ that ate plugs for breakfast.

Just now, revrnd said:

Um yeah....

I was a guinea pig for a season & a half w/ a Legend 600SDI that ate plugs for breakfast.

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Um yeah....

I was a guinea pig for a season & a half w/ that ate plugs for breakfast.

Well, if so - that was cheating.....

10 hours ago, Canuck said:

Way to go, VR 700

Great pics.

9 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Yes sun every single day. We really lucked out and doing south portion first was right move. 

Let sound....the rooster of triumph!

5ab76cadd073c_roosterclock.jpg.d785b8f0784ddfd2312173932a9c2c4a.jpg

sound on video below...

rooster of triumph!.wmv

rooster of triumph!.MOV

14 hours ago, Ox said:

Similar to what I had:

http://www.snowmobile.com/classifieds/ski-doo/used-2004-ski-doo-legend-gt-se-600-sdi-SN15313017CFD.html

Mine had the 1 up seat. I ordered it black & had the dealer strip the graphics & install the MXZ 550F graphics:

5ab7d05718b5f_0032TOPCC106AJct.thumb.JPG.85210949cfa1b6f4366528813397193e.JPG

Stopped @ the TOP C & C106A intersection on the way from Gowganda to Timmins in '05.

Archived