Dubreulville>Hornepayne>Hearst>Longlac D'ville (with day trip to White River) - 2018

Canuck

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Here is one of dub system! 

IMG_0236.JPG

Nice!

31 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

that water flow over the trail between the kabi, and hornepayne is there every year. you get used to it. just don't do anything suddenly, and you will be across it, before you "think" you might have a problem. no different than crossing any of the hundreds of creeks with snow/ice bridges that you have crossed without your knowledge on this 1600km trip... except this one, you can see. Ski

True but it is now pure ice. All creeks and rivers have snow though. Someone is going to fly thru there and do 360's no doubt. Studding with I grips this summer.

6 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

True but it is now pure ice. All creeks and rivers have snow though. Someone is going to fly thru there and do 360's no doubt. Studding with I grips this summer.

I had meant to stop and hang some flagging tape there on my return trip on Saturday but my sled starting acting up about 30 km south of the river so I forgot and just wanted to get home (discovered a clogged fuel pump and 2 bad plugs once I got home).  Having said that there are good sight lines and a "slow" sign coming into the corner at the top of the hill on the South side.  While not ideal it is something that a "safe and prudent rider" operating according to the posted limit would have no difficulty navigating.  

I have marked the spot with my GPS and will be putting in some weeping tile next fall as this is always a problem and is actually much more dangerous for the groomer than for sleds.  

7 minutes ago, matt17 said:

I had meant to stop and hang some flagging tape there on my return trip on Saturday but my sled starting acting up about 30 km south of the river so I forgot and just wanted to get home (discovered a clogged fuel pump and 2 bad plugs once I got home).  Having said that there are good sight lines and a "slow" sign coming into the corner at the top of the hill on the South side.  While not ideal it is something that a "safe and prudent rider" operating according to the posted limit would have no difficulty navigating.  

I have marked the spot with my GPS and will be putting in some weeping tile next fall as this is always a problem and is actually much more dangerous for the groomer than for sleds.  

Thanks for your hard work. Really enjoyed your trails. You can defiantly see it ahead of time, if not riding too fast. Beavers really chew up those trees. 

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Closed Caption for the Vision Challenged:  A man, astride a snowmachine, looks over his shoulder rearward to the route over which he has just travelled. It appears he is waiting for something, somebody, or some people....perhaps travelling on similar conveyances......he is dressed in winter gear....despite the blue skies and apparent warmth of the sunshine....an older, yet distinguised looking character with a grey goatee....and a slight look of puzzlement or maybe impatience.........

Too funny, Slomo.

Apparently Photobucket is holding folks hostage. To the tune of $400 a year. https://medium.com/@StoAmigo/how-photobucket-broke-the-internet-and-why-you-should-care-4a244bda6b7e

Easy fix. Listen to Ski! Getting to it right after Leafs vs. Nashville.

Thank you Groomer operators!

(Horneypayne groomer on right was making his first attempt at this section of trail. Regular groomer operator was on a different section, as I recall. Incredible trail! Luc and him did the secret handshake, talked in code ("saw where you had to back up and do another pass at the top of the hill, nudge, nudge" - mutual respect was evident). Can't say enough about the Northwest trail system - intuitive trails, great corners. Thanks!)

NWb.thumb.jpg.caea306048b4c76ff3a14481921fa671.jpg

AC + YA on his incredible Arctic Cat 800 Two Stroke

NWa.thumb.jpg.997d2c31d3e48ab06f81be73fd13d886.jpg

Groomer Guy as we approached White River ("Want to continue to Marathon?")

NWc.thumb.jpg.44884f70b8d55221ad2916717345a67c.jpg

45 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Easy fix. Listen to Ski! Getting to it right after Leafs vs. Nashville.

Great pics, look better than the broken speedo ones .... pretty decent game too ... Mike has the boys cleaning house .... :icon_hijack:

16 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

No time for a side trip going to hit about 1600 km's by the time I get back to Timmins. Next year. This year we are just doing big loop. In hearst now. 

That would mean the ITG is out by  approx. 400 km. for your route.

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎22 at 12:18 PM, Viperules700 said:

Just came thru from dub to hornepayne. There is a nasty section of trail that has frozen over flow that takes up whole width of trail. It is pure ice. It sits 21 km's south of town on main trail. I had no flagging tape, so be careful thru there. Beaver chewed a bunch of trees and one across the trail too. I moved it off into the bush. Other then that trails are excellent. 

I think I know where you are talking about, that's along the Plowed logging road on the Hornepayne side right, It's quite the think ice flow,  the good thing it's on strait part and not in a curve.  

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎22 at 9:22 PM, matt17 said:

Yeah I was just thinking of that, must be slippery for the groomer of that.  could slide off to the opposite side of the logging road and get stuck.   That's was the only thing from Hwy 11 to the kaby river... not bad at all.   We hardly noticed it.... going at.... 50kms lol last week lol 

Archived