Magpie River to The Dube

MR WEEZ

Has anyone run the river lately? How is it?

3 minutes ago, MR WEEZ said:

Has anyone run the river lately? How is it?

Rode it on Sunday 2 days ago and it was perfect as far as I went.  Pretty sure it is all great.

27 minutes ago, northstar said:

Good the entire length

I like it. Thanks.

Yep the river is good, but some bumps so you can't pin it. All the trails are table top, just unbelievable. 

All good reports. Thanks a lot. I'm only an 8 hr. shift away from being able to see for myself.

I posted a video of our group running it mid Feb. Very strong cross wind made for some white outs. I missed the fact that the posts drifted to the right to point to the exit at the north end, which in Feb wasn't clearly marked.

youtube search apexltx56. magpie river.

I took d trail since north instead of river,  I wanted the longer ride and it was awesome. Thanks Dub! Be back next year. 

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

I posted a video of our group running it mid Feb. Very strong cross wind made for some white outs. I missed the fact that the posts drifted to the right to point to the exit at the north end, which in Feb wasn't clearly marked.

youtube search apexltx56. magpie river.

That looks like a piece of cake JK :D The drifting can be troublesome @ times. You seem to think there is a 'rhythm' to them & then you hit a bigger 1. 

In 2012 when we ran a drifted Wawa Lake into town it was snowing & really windy. Add to the fact that my sled had shut off twice between D'ville & just west of Hawk Lake, didn't make for a fun day. I ended up getting my sled hauled back to Timmins. Turns out the voltage regulator was crapping out.

Archived