SUDBURY OR NEW LISKEARD

thetorches

Once you ride out of New Liskeard the trails are in great shape today..up to Englehart

17 hours ago, johnsazzr said:

yup...my daughter and I...

I believe we saw you yesterday before noon southbound on A at Latchford, and again today just after noon, westbound on L190 near Thornloe Dairy. Jennifer and I were traveling the opposite direction both times, me on a tan Enduro, and her on the Exxon Valdez (blue Venture).

20180313_125717.jpg

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

I believe we saw you yesterday before noon southbound on A at Latchford, and again today just after noon, westbound on L190 near Thornloe Dairy. Jennifer and I were traveling the opposite direction both times, me on a tan Enduro, and her on the Exxon Valdez (blue Venture).

20180313_125717.jpg

Yup...remember that tan sled..

Heading up tomorrow with the sons, can't wait, have had very little riding this year. Going to ride the northern Sudbury trails

Heading up to buddy's cottage in port loring Fri-sun. Probably do a short local ride when we get there, but then planning to trailer sudbury way during the day. So love to hear conditions/recommendations.  Anybody know why the C is closed from C105D@grundy to past the french? presuming just lack of snow?  would love to go up from his cottage that way if it opened limited, but the closed section landlocks us.

STP yard in garson, 10 min drive from the hotel.

watch for it on your left after the last set of lights in garson.

Agree 100% with johnsazzr! Did a small ride around yesterday after we got here and trails outside of town were freshly groomed, in town very beat up. Heading to Temagami today.

a couple of pics from yesterday.

DSCF0704.JPG

DSCF0706.JPG

Rode Sudbury north trails wed, very good. Launched from Skead rec center, STP yard looked like snow was pretty thin around it.. Thanks for all the updates, had a great day and hope to be up again

I don't check in here too often.  Here is something we posted on the Tri-Town Sno Travellers Facebook page yesterday - edited to make sense.  Tri-Town Sno Travellers cover from south of Temagami to about 20 km north of New Liskeard.

Due to the great late season conditions we are doing a special Saturday ride this Saturday. We will be heading up to Lady Evelyn to Diamond Lake to Lake Temagami and back on the A Trail. We'll have lunch in Temagami. Trail passes will be required to come back on the A Trail. Bring extra gas if you think you will need it - it will be about 150 km to Temagami - maybe a little more if the lake running is really good and we do more exploring.  E tecs and ACE's will be fine for gas.  

People are getting together at 8:00 on the Wabi River by the Hwy 11 bridge.  Robin will lead people out to Twin Lakes where I will take over.  Originally we had  planned to leave from Mowat Landing but realized there was no good way to get back there without running 6 km of bare road.

If you are in the area let us know you are coming and come for the ride.  A permit is required for the trip back from Temagami.

33 minutes ago, bramsay said:

I don't check in here too often.  Here is something we posted on the Tri-Town Sno Travellers Facebook page yesterday - edited to make sense.  Tri-Town Sno Travellers cover from south of Temagami to about 20 km north of New Liskeard.

Due to the great late season conditions we are doing a special Saturday ride this Saturday. We will be heading up to Lady Evelyn to Diamond Lake to Lake Temagami and back on the A Trail. We'll have lunch in Temagami. Trail passes will be required to come back on the A Trail. Bring extra gas if you think you will need it - it will be about 150 km to Temagami - maybe a little more if the lake running is really good and we do more exploring.  E tecs and ACE's will be fine for gas.  

People are getting together at 8:00 on the Wabi River by the Hwy 11 bridge.  Robin will lead people out to Twin Lakes where I will take over.  Originally we had  planned to leave from Mowat Landing but realized there was no good way to get back there without running 6 km of bare road.

If you are in the area let us know you are coming and come for the ride.  A permit is required for the trip back from Temagami.

If you are in the New Liskeard area, DO THIS TRIP.  You will cover some beautiful backcountry with a great guide. 

Archived