Ice Thickness around Burks Falls/Sprucedale area?

Browing3812

Hey Guys, 

Looking to head up to our camp in Sprucedale next weekend....

Curious to see ice thickness on the smaller lakes in the area? 

Hoping to get out and do some ice-fishing but I don't like to mess around with thin ice in the least. 

I imagine there is a fair bit of ice still and perhaps am being a bit over cautious but would love to hear first hand from anyone up that way. 

Thanks in advance!

15 minutes ago, Browing3812 said:

Hey Guys, 

Looking to head up to our camp in Sprucedale next weekend....

Curious to see ice thickness on the smaller lakes in the area? 

Hoping to get out and do some ice-fishing but I don't like to mess around with thin ice in the least. 

I imagine there is a fair bit of ice still and perhaps am being a bit over cautious but would love to hear first hand from anyone up that way. 

Thanks in advance!

Still lots of ice. Watch the shorelines and anywhere runoff or creeks run in. 

Where in Sprucedale are You? I have a camp on axe lake rd off 518. 

Lots of ice still.  Im on Hwy 522 and drilled no less than 20" everywhere last wknd.   No snow on the lakes so it's prett slippery unless some falls this week. 

I figured there was but you never know...been pretty mild down our way 

We are on Fern Glen Road near Round Lake so on the other side of Stisted Road from you 

4 hours ago, mjack7 said:

Lots of ice still.  Im on Hwy 522 and drilled no less than 20" everywhere last wknd.   No snow on the lakes so it's prett slippery unless some falls this week. 

how's the snow in the bush in that area?

heading to cottage on the weekend for some march break fun.

Was up last weekend, hoping to go again while it lasts. Most lakes are glare ice, gotta be careful where you ride to keep machines cool. Calling for a bit of snow before the weekend. Even just a bit would help cool the machines.

Snow is about knee deep in the bush and hard. South facing slopes are getting a little thin. 

All things considered, had tons of fun. Weather has been beautiful and the firm snow makes it easy to get around the bush.

I didn't realize there was even that much.....

Debating on ATV or Sled now

Archived