Polaris - HP Wars are on!

Bryan XC700

31 minutes ago, gobills said:

What's the reliability kit??

Tow rope with ski doo  on it.

13 minutes ago, Rich Saul said:

You mean with a ski soo doing the pulling I presume..

Don't forget that when the Poo breaks down, the Doo hooks up to tow it then it breaks down and the Cat hooks up and tows both of them. :D

10 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Don't forget that when the Poo breaks down, the Doo hooks up to tow it then it breaks down and the Cat hooks up and tows both of them. :D

Green dream

8 hours ago, Bryan XC700 said:

I was curious about the 800's as well, just to compare did you ride from Cochrane? 

We filled up at the Esso in Cochrane & rode the East side up to the Canyon (long way) & then filled up. 

I know we don't have 800's but here's what ours took on the East side back from the Canyon (long way) to Esso across from Thriftlodge in Cochrane

2016-600 Rush with me pushing the fun flipper (passed many sleds) therefore never took it easy 26 litre

2016-600 Rush Adventure husband who wanted to kick my ass when I kept passing everyone. LOL 29 litre

My new Cat 800cc is at just under 4,000 miles (not Kilometers).  It seems to run rich as it looks like a flame thrower out the exhaust when you first stop after running hard for a long period.  No issues that I know of at this point, but my daughter has let me know about it several times.  It goes away after just a few seconds and I have never seen it myself.  Without others input I would not even know it was doing that.  Better fuel economy and lower oil use.  Better low and mid range power for sure, but not too much more on top.

Maybe it will last like the Suzuki Motors?  It will have to go well over 15,000 miles with no issues to even become eligible to be termed "reliable" in my world.

Sleds that don't make 10,000 miles without motor work are not for me.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping Cat made a good motor.

My Daughter's 800 Suzuki lost a coil (electrical issue) at 8,000+ miles.  The first ever Suzuki Motor issue we have had in lots & lots of miles.  Cat fixed it free in about 4 hours and saved our big trip.

And I was always under the impression that warranty work had to be done in the States if bought in the States.  NOT TRUE.  Arctic Cat did us right!  Unimagined Great Service!!!   

sorry worded it wrong... durability kit: http://bikemanperformance.com/bmp-800-cfi-polaris-durability-kit.html

Ski

15 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

My new Cat 800cc is at just under 4,000 miles (not Kilometers).  It seems to run rich as it looks like a flame thrower out the exhaust when you first stop after running hard for a long period.  No issues that I know of at this point, but my daughter has let me know about it several times.  It goes away after just a few seconds and I have never seen it myself.  Without others input I would not even know it was doing that.  Better fuel economy and lower oil use.  Better low and mid range power for sure, but not too much more on top.

Maybe it will last like the Suzuki Motors?  It will have to go well over 15,000 miles with no issues to even become eligible to be termed "reliable" in my world.

Sleds that don't make 10,000 miles without motor work are not for me.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping Cat made a good motor.

My Daughter's 800 Suzuki lost a coil (electrical issue) at 8,000+ miles.  The first ever Suzuki Motor issue we have had in lots & lots of miles.  Cat fixed it free in about 4 hours and saved our big trip.

And I was always under the impression that warranty work had to be done in the States if bought in the States.  NOT TRUE.  Arctic Cat did us right!  Unimagined Great Service!!!   

Thats great to hear.  Good to know if i ever find myself riding in the states and something happens.

7 hours ago, crispy said:

I didnt see a hp number listed anywhere, is this not yet released or does anyone know? ( or did I miss it? )

The four year warranty aspect means as much to me as snake oil promises. If the warranty said immediate loaner sled of equal or higher model until repaired and/or new transplant engines for warranty on exchange same day service guarantee? Then we would have warranty worth the paper its written on. I'd rather have none, and a cheaper sale price.

The hp battle is a lot of fun though, that part is awesome

Polaris is giving me new crate motor,clutch & starter in my 3rd yr of warranty with 8700 miles,i have access to demo sled until mine is ready...u must find a good dealer who works for u...no bs

Yep it's all about the dealer, my local Polaris Dealer Blacks Corners in Carleton Place gave me a demo sled when my Yamaha was in the shop waiting for a new shock

( warranty) 

9 hours ago, -crz- said:

I guess if Bikeman sells it, every engine needs one...

that is just one of them, many aftermarket accy shops offer these for the Polaris. a quick yahoo, or google search will show anyone, how many are out there. no different than the dual ring piston kits they offer for the skidoo series 3 motors that lost compression fast ect... but, if you drank the poo-l aid, whatever it takes to get you to sleep through the night, to justify your purchase.

personally I do my research, like scott, I don't want to be on the end of the rope, for a known problem. riding the back country, I cant have a motor that is known to fail, in my stable. your results may vary. Ski

53 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

that is just one of them, many aftermarket accy shops offer these for the Polaris. a quick yahoo, or google search will show anyone, how many are out there. no different than the dual ring piston kits they offer for the skidoo series 3 motors that lost compression fast ect... but, if you drank the poo-l aid, whatever it takes to get you to sleep through the night, to justify your purchase.

personally I do my research, like scott, I don't want to be on the end of the rope, for a known problem. riding the back country, I cant have a motor that is known to fail, in my stable. your results may vary. Ski

Ski coming up with saying that guys drank poo-laid is pretty lame.  I do not need anything to justify a purchase.  We all like different machines, cars, etc.

I think we all do research before a purchase and make our own decisions on what to purchase based on many variables.

You can do a search for almost any snowmobile part online and there will be multiple companies offering parts.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ski+doo+m+800+pistons&client=safari&rls=en&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwitzYLrndrZAhVHjK0KHY8JC8oQsAQIpgE&biw=1278&bih=655

What are these known problems you speak of??  The 800ho is a strong running motor with very few problems i sleep just fine at night.

I have only heard of 2 800's going down.  One was purchased from my dealer and it was suspected to be a bent crank right from the factory as the sled only went half a mile.  The other one was a member on here. 

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

I'm familiar with the durability kits, fix kits, etc. I owned a 2012 800cfi and I installed one. A few 2012-2015 800cfi's in our group running Bikeman kits currently.

I just don't think its fair to lump the newer 800HO in the same category, its been far more reliable IMO.

I agree things happen with all manufacturers, and with respect to the 850, there is inherent risk in buying anything first year until proven.

thank you crz... it was all I was saying. ski

I'm more than happy with my 800, mind you I haven't put many miles on it.

I have 2 yrs left on my 4 yr warranty then I will likely order a 850 with another 4 yr warranty.

Right now checking for new non current 600s for the Mrs.

Who would of thought? Not me....

:evil2:

20180308_233053.png

Reminds me a lot of the Cat colours... couldn't Poo find their own colours.... :D

1 minute ago, gobills said:

Im loving that color.  

So am I and it makes it nice I don't need to buy a new jacket. :rotflmao:

Archived