Wawa conditions

Micar

Riding Searchmont to Wawa to Dubrieville to Halfway to Searchmont beginning Friday. 

What's the realtime Intel on trails around Wawa, there's a few posts on facebag about terrible trails because of a broken groomer and no $$.

Thanks Micar.

contact russ jones at top secret boondocking (in charge of wawa grooming as well). or call gord jones at jones powersports. they will have updated info for trail conditions. ski

Just saw on Facebook they will have both their groomers out tonight fixing the trails up.  

Keep in mind that this was their busiest weekend of the year with the fish derby (1400 participants) many of them use sleds to access the lakes. On top of trying to recover from 3+ feet of snow in some areas the weekend before.  On top of having 2 groomers in various states of broken.    Additionally many of the key Wawa Snow Riders volunteers are also key organizers of the fish derby (which is by far the biggest event of the year in Wawa with over $140, 000in prizes up for grabs).  So take comments about last weekends conditions with a grain of salt.  

I believe that Luc also groomed the D trail as far as Hawk Junction last weekend to help the Wawa club out with their trails.  

16 hours ago, matt17 said:

I believe that Luc also groomed the D trail as far as Hawk Junction last weekend to help the Wawa club out with their trails.  

Yup, did it Friday night, I ended up taking me 13 hours and I was up 30 hours because I was up Friday morning at 4:00am for work, and I'm also sick....  but got er done :)

17 hours ago, skidooboy said:

contact russ jones at top secret boondocking (in charge of wawa grooming as well). or call gord jones at jones powersports. they will have updated info for trail conditions. ski

Gord is not in the Club anymore and is out of the loop, to busy with the shop, he gets his info like us on facebook.

17 hours ago, Micar said:

Riding Searchmont to Wawa to Dubrieville to Halfway to Searchmont beginning Friday. 

What's the realtime Intel on trails around Wawa, there's a few posts on facebag about terrible trails because of a broken groomer and no $$.

Thanks Micar.

Wawa should be heading south on the D trail any day now. We have a district Grooming conference call tonight so I will know more.   Broken groomers they where fixed and running, as for no money... I dont know where you read that because they are paid for every hour they groom and our District help their own, we dont let clubs run out of money.

7 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Wawa should be heading south on the D trail any day now. We have a district Grooming conference call tonight so I will know more.   Broken groomers they where fixed and running, as for no money... I dont know where you read that because they are paid for every hour they groom and our District help their own, we dont let clubs run out of money.

Just the usual FB BS....Thats why I come on here for the good unbiased info. I think they were placing Wawa in with KL....

Will you be @ the store on Saturday? 

Whats the best way to do the loop from Wawa to Dub? We are leaving Wawa Saturday AM and I was thinking of looping thru Dub before heading back to HH. 

8 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Yup, did it Friday night, I ended up taking me 13 hours and I was up 30 hours because I was up Friday morning at 4:00am for work, and I'm also sick....  but got er done :)

Take care of yourself Luc. You have nothing to prove to anyone and you can't do anything for yourself or sledding if you are sick. I know the volunteer pool is running short but nobody wants you to make yourself sick. 

You are awesome and there is no amount if appreciation extended to you that would be enough. 

Thank you for all you do and get well.:icon_clapclap: :cheers:

12 hours ago, Micar said:

Just the usual FB BS....Thats why I come on here for the good unbiased info. I think they were placing Wawa in with KL....

Will you be @ the store on Saturday? 

Whats the best way to do the loop from Wawa to Dub? We are leaving Wawa Saturday AM and I was thinking of looping thru Dub before heading back to HH. 

Yup, people assuming things on facebook.  So many people trying to stir stuff and have no clue how the system works.    I'm not working Saturday, I'm might be riding as I have a chance to use a Sidewinder BTX for day, going to see what this beast is all about.  :)

I would start in Wawa and take the D trail north to Dubreuilville then take D trail west  (White River/ Marathon) direction and hit Dub 5 trail on the Magpie Reservoir down to Steep Hill Dam and trail to D trail back to Wawa.   That's a great loop.  if you want to extend the trip you can do what I said but you take trail 7 but turn left on trail 6 (Old rail bed) and take that back to the town of Hawk Junction and get on the D trail back to Wawa from there.    Or lol if you want to make a loop but head right away to HH  From Steep hill Dam take trail 7 down to D trail intersection, make a left on The D trail, then go to intersection of D and trail 5,  go down trail 5 and you will hook up with D trail south to HH.  

Thanks Luc. Maybe we will see you on the trails. I have a T-cat, so I can assure you, you will be intoxicated by the power of the Sidewinder! 

There will be 4 of us, Two T-cats, an XF7000 and a Doo 600. 

11 minutes ago, Micar said:

Thanks Luc. Maybe we will see you on the trails. I have a T-cat, so I can assure you, you will be intoxicated by the power of the Sidewinder! 

There will be 4 of us, Two T-cats, an XF7000 and a Doo 600. 

Will keep an eye out for you guys.  Can't wait to try it out.

19 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Will keep an eye out for you guys.  Can't wait to try it out.

I'm sure you'll love it. 

Do you know why Wawa 7 is yellow?

3 hours ago, Micar said:

I'm sure you'll love it. 

Do you know why Wawa 7 is yellow?

Because it has not been groomed in a while and it has monster moguls.  From trail 6 intersection to Steep Hill dam.  I hope they can do it soon

Archived