Quebec trip 3rd week of march

DOM

Wanting to go to somewhere in the st zenon area 3rd week of march ( don’t want auberge le cabannon)

anyone staying in this area now and what are the snow conditions like and want a little nicer resort than cabannon

trails were getting thin in the Lake Timiskaming area. I figure the mt tremblant area would have more snow

any suggestions would be great

We are in NW Quebec all this week.  Trails are mostly very good and more snow is coming over next few days.  It is worth the trip if anyone is on the fence.  

Started in Ville Marie on Sunday, went east first day, then North to Senneterre.  Now in Amos heading to La Sarre

On 2018-03-05 at 1:30 PM, DOM said:

Wanting to go to somewhere in the st zenon area 3rd week of march ( don’t want auberge le cabannon)

anyone staying in this area now and what are the snow conditions like and want a little nicer resort than cabannon

trails were getting thin in the Lake Timiskaming area. I figure the mt tremblant area would have more snow

any suggestions would be great

How about auberge du Lac Tareau? Haven’t stayed there but know some that did it looks nice from outside.

Lac Taureau (sp?) is very nice, but a little awkward as they frown upon sleds getting too close to the building, therefore you have to haul your stuff through the building to an exit and then to the sled compound.  Kind of exhausting getting in and out, especially if saddle bagging.

Check out Domain Bazinet near St. Zenon .

Vieux Moulin just south of St.Zenon, very nice place,reasonable price.

Sacacomie just east of St.Zenon,  very nice also.

Thanks for the input 

i stayed at Vieux Moulin this year. Loved the outdoor hot tub. I would like to try Sacacomie. Anyone stayed at both and which one did they prefer and why

I've only had lunch at Sacacomie. Good food, set menu...for lunch. Beautiful place, imagine an overnight stay would be great, not sure on pool options there.

Another nice option I would suggest is travel to St.Raymond or Quebec. Stay at the four points north of Quebec, travel a day to le Malbie stay at the Fairmont manoir Richillieu, another day to Chicoutimi, stay at Le Sageneen. Now back to four points or if you have another day check out the Mt Valin area for a day. 

Very nice places to stay, all have pools, hot tubs...outdoor too. Top notch scenery and trails.

Excuse the spelling, no kappesh French, no time to check for accuracy.

I agree on the hotels suggested.  Stayed at them last year.  If you go to LaMalbaie make sure to go to the lookouts they are pretty amazing.  Especially mont a peine.

On 07/03/2018 at 10:20 AM, sledjunk said:

Lac Taureau (sp?) is very nice, but a little awkward as they frown upon sleds getting too close to the building, therefore you have to haul your stuff through the building to an exit and then to the sled compound.  Kind of exhausting getting in and out, especially if saddle bagging.

You can park at the doors around back now for lunch or to unload. Had lunch a couple times this year, much better now.

Beautiful spot but for 300 BUCKS a night, ahhh no!

15 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

You can park at the doors around back now for lunch or to unload. Had lunch a couple times this year, much better now.

Beautiful spot but for 300 BUCKS a night, ahhh no!

Fairmont is no better LOL actually more, but its an amazing place to go to.  

Sacacomie is pushing the $500 a night range.  You park your sled 1/2 a mile from the resort.  They do provide sleighs to tow your gear in.  Still not what I would call snowmobile friendly as you do have to walk it.  They should run a shuttle if they want to keep the sleds that far from the lodge.  We stopped for lunch to say we’d been.  Can’t see ever going back.  It was a 10 km ride in off the

main trail to boot.  Just a little too uppitty up for my liking.

The Manawin near Trois Rives seemed really nice.  I know not really St Zenon, but it’s only 1/2 a days ride away.  You could run to La Tuque and back one day and St Zenon and back another.  3rd day go east to St Raymond and back.  Probably not much further to drive to.   Better highway to run north on.

Archived