Big Ontario ride 03/02/2017

rws

great pictures,thanks for sharing.

Looks awesome 

Great trip.

I wish to have same one:rolleyes:

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎03 at 10:30 AM, rws said:

Wow, some great pictures, do you have it on Picture mode to snap a picture every so on or you take still from video?   This is my kind of riding, not big rush, explore, take lakes.  We have many options like this available up in my area, we should look its mapping them.  thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Wow, some great pictures, do you have it on Picture mode to snap a picture every so on or you take still from video?   This is my kind of riding, not big rush, explore, take lakes.  We have many options like this available up in my area, we should look its mapping them.  thanks for sharing.

I use the Quick Capture video mode turning video on when I see something coming up I want to get...then turn it off.  Post ride I rip stills from the video selecting the exact frame I want.

23 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

I'll have to start doing that. cool pictures.

another tip as batteries don't last long in the cold....

on my Hero 6 I have the following settings selected to conserve power

plus I have a 2 place GoPro battery charger in my handlebar bag to swap batteries out as needed

Wireless connections off
GPS off
Protune off
Vioce control off
Screensaver set to 1 minute
Screen Brightness set to 10%
Quick Capture on
Auto Off 5 minutes

39 minutes ago, rws said:

another tip as batteries don't last long in the cold....

on my Hero 6 I have the following settings selected to conserve power

plus I have a 2 place GoPro battery charger in my handlebar bag to swap batteries out as needed

Wireless connections off
GPS off
Protune off
Vioce control off
Screensaver set to 1 minute
Screen Brightness set to 10%
Quick Capture on
Auto Off 5 minutes

Nice, thanks for this info, I heading out on a trip next week and I need to document it, do a report, doing a write up about it.  I will do these changes to my Gopro.  So you charge them on the go and swap, that's smart always charging.   thanks for the info

Is Claude putting you to work?

Are you reporting on the new (ish) Longlac trail?

That's about the only trail in Ontario I've never done. Let us know what you find and where to stay and eat. 

Thanks Luc

11 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Is Claude putting you to work?

Are you reporting on the new (ish) Longlac trail?

That's about the only trail in Ontario I've never done. Let us know what you find and where to stay and eat. 

Thanks Luc

lol  I've talked to him about it.  Yes, A trail West to Longlac.  I want to do a detailed ride report, like a ride guide to the area, Hotel, Food, Kms, Gas.  Things to see on the trail.  Not your typical article about a trail ride.  A Ride story/Report with The Groomer Guy Style.     Once I got it done and out there I will need you guys to share it as if this works out good I have something else in mind to do.   :)

Very nice

Jeff supplying a Sidewinder for ya.

Have fun.

18 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

lol  I've talked to him about it.  Yes, A trail West to Longlac.  I want to do a detailed ride report, like a ride guide to the area, Hotel, Food, Kms, Gas.  Things to see on the trail.  Not your typical article about a trail ride.  A Ride story/Report with The Groomer Guy Style.     Once I got it done and out there I will need you guys to share it as if this works out good I have something else in mind to do.   :)

Economy could use a boost around there. Please make sure to mention and detail ALL the places to stay and eat in your ride guide. Look forward to your report.

3 minutes ago, slomo said:

Economy could use a boost around there. Please make sure to mention and detail ALL the places to stay and eat in your ride guide. Look forward to your report.

Will do.  I will have to take plenty of notes.   What else would you guys want to know, what is some information that usualy you do not get in reports, articles that you wished they talked about?   

Archived