2018 Northern Blastoff Redux

revrnd

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

I forgot to mention we had seen 1 of these on the northwest side of Cochrane:

Standard_radar_sign.jpg.979ee52b4de53eced248f4e9d031f626.jpg

No speeds being dislayed. SJ, figured it was being used as a traffic counter.

LMAO Terry saw this post and said I saw that too!!!  Me not so much........................................But he said there was no speed on it.  Probably blew it up.  LMAO  Now I'm going to have to check out my video from today.  It was fast and fun. YEEHAW Well at 50 that is

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

LMAO Terry saw this post and said I saw that too!!!  Me not so much........................................But he said there was no speed on it.  Probably blew it up.  LMAO  Now I'm going to have to check out my video from today.  It was fast and fun. YEEHAW Well at 50 that is

The software probably wasn't fast enough to display your speed before you were past it :poke2:

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

The software probably wasn't fast enough to display your speed before you were past it :poke2:

Maybe

5 hours ago, extreme600 said:

MAO Terry saw this post and said I saw that too!!!  Me not so much........................................But he said there was no speed on it.  Probably blew it up.  LMAO  Now I'm going to have to check out my video from today.  It was fast and fun. YEEHAW Well at 50 that is

It wasn't working last week when we went past it, not even when the old doo went by.

On 3/4/2018 at 7:22 AM, irREVerent said:

You can fool some of the people some of the time...  :-)

Any of these  look familiar ???????????????????????????  LOL

IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

3 hours ago, extreme600 said:

Any of these  look familiar ???????????????????????????  LOL

IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

Lol...I certainly recognize my friend at Northern Delight.  But I don't recognize where the gas station is...do tell.

Judging by the Ford sign in the background, I'm guessing Val Gagne

1 minute ago, irREVerent said:

Lol...I certainly recognize my friend at Northern Delight.  But I don't recognize where the gas station is...do tell.

Were you riding w/ your eyes closed on Sat'?

(See Don Henley)

It's the Esso @ Val Gagne (the Ford dealer). Whoever took the pic is facing south towards the road crossing.

8 minutes ago, revrnd said:

(See Don Henley)

It's the Esso @ Val Gagne (the Ford dealer). Whoever took the pic is facing south towards the road crossing.

What Ford dealer???... was Don Henley there?... LOL.

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

(See Don Henley)

Probably looking for something else in the area......

dawghouse.jpg.8f3c97d8687ce49e6007600381132eb2.jpg

13 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Judging by the Ford sign in the background, I'm guessing Val Gagne

SJ, when we were heading back to Timmins, I was watching for the pumps & they weren't visible from the current location of the trail along the road. Looking @ the older routing of TOP A & the trail went right past the dealership building & pumps before crossing the highway to the 'snowmobile tree'.

5aa17d824d228_GuaysGarage.thumb.JPG.c30046cd9928dd06da3b2aea368d850f.JPG

Yes, because it went past the 'snowmobile tree' and through the parking lot of the Dawg House.

Might have to pack a couple of these during next season's ride for the early risers

chair.thumb.jpg.600cb75812fa1e171ce28008280938b1.jpg

Discussing the trip w/ bro' today & it would appear that I did get a pic of the white moose:

5aa881839b8ef_04320180301_124633_Burst01-CopyMoose.thumb.jpg.a1725f2694a97a5a84d4a3abde1830a9.jpg

Looking @ the ITG tonight & the western half of L103 (south of Cochrane) is marked red. It was plowed, but snow-covered when we went thru there. Part of A106C uses a new detour to avoid road running on this same road.

Did you make it to chapleau too? Just wondering if big loop would be doable next week. Thinking of starting in timmins and doing south west port first. 

2 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Did you make it to chapleau too? Just wondering if big loop would be doable next week. Thinking of starting in timmins and doing south west port first. 

No we just rode out to Foleyet for lunch.

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

No we just rode out to Foleyet for lunch.

How was snow level going that way? Bon air hotel have staging available or is everyone parking at caseys near super 8? 

Just now, Viperules700 said:

How was snow level going that way? Bon air hotel have staging available or is everyone parking at caseys near super 8? 

One cut block where the snow seemed thinner (it may have been logged & only recently opened east of Groundhog River). Some plowed bush road in the Star Lake area. Lots of snow elsewhere though on the trails.

Lots of parking at the Bon Air. Not cramped like over @ Super 8/Caseys.

On 3/13/2018 at 10:25 PM, Viperules700 said:

I would say that you would be good to go with snow level towards Chapleau.  When we rode to Folyet and Gogama last Sunday and Monday it was snowing both days and the snow level was great.  I can't see how it wouldn't be good now.  Every report I'm reading on FB and the pics are showing great trails in all those areas you are speaking about.  I'm done sledding for the season, but man if I could I would be going to Timmins again and ride WEST!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The GPS tracks from the stay in Timmins:

5aba7ae03d586_TimminsTripMap.thumb.JPG.00be1838a7ace40dfe58601b855af17a.JPG

You could possibly add a day of riding & do what @extreme600 & hubby did. One day to ride down to Gogama & then a 'shorter' day to explore the local trails. We missed a couple east around Porcupine & there is L21 up to Kamiscotia. 

22 minutes ago, revrnd said:

The GPS tracks from the stay in Timmins:

5aba7ae03d586_TimminsTripMap.thumb.JPG.00be1838a7ace40dfe58601b855af17a.JPG

You could possibly add a day of riding & do what @extreme600 & hubby did. One day to ride down to Gogama & then a 'shorter' day to explore the local trails. We missed a couple east around Porcupine & there is L21 up to Kamiscotia. 

I did some of those trails but the loop wAs red so turned around near Kirkland lake. Bon air was good. They charge 10 dollars a day for trailer parking on nights you don't stay with them. So that explains why all trailers and trucks jammed at super 8. 

Archived