2018 Northern Blastoff Redux

revrnd

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, revrnd said:

Considering how my day went in Feb' this more than makes up for it.

Glad to hear, revrnd.

Enjoyed the pics and thanks for trail reports.

7 hours ago, snowchopper said:

Thanks for the pics Revrnd.:right_on:   How many kms did you get on your new sled?

916 for the trip. So far almost 1400 for the season.

All good things must come to an end :( .

Met up w/ extreme600 & hubby last night for dinner.

Breakfast in a few minutes & then iREVerent & I are heading south. 

Sledjunk is riding 1 more day w/ them.

IrREVerent will probaby be glad when the trip is over (he's hauling my sled) as I've been pestering him constantly w/ questions about the XS chassis & 900 motor LOL :D

I figure he'd be a better source for info than some of the 'experts' on DooTalk :rolleyes: .

Great ride and pictures! Trails look very good!

32 minutes ago, revrnd said:

All good things must come to an end :( .

Met up w/ extreme600 & hubby last night for dinner.

Breakfast in a few minutes & then iREVerent & I are heading south. 

Sledjunk is riding 1 more day w/ them.

IrREVerent will probaby be glad when the trip is over (he's hauling my sled) as I've been pestering him constantly w/ questions about the XS chassis & 900 motor LOL :D

I figure he'd be a better source for info than some of the 'experts' on DooTalk :rolleyes: .

Nice meeting up with you guys last night.  Have a safe drive home.  Thanks for the reports too

Don't worry about SJ he's in good hands today.  

5 hours ago, extreme600 said:

Don't worry about SJ he's in good hands today.  

I thought he was with you...  :-)

12 hours ago, snowchopper said:

Not bad considering the season has not been that great. Are you enjoying the 4 stroke ? 

mpto7.jpg

LOL

Rolled into Apsley @ 7:15 after leaving Timmins around 9 AM. Nice sunny day. Po po were checking sleds @ a road crossing south of Ramore today.

Thanks to Sledjunk for arranging & then re-arranging the trips :right_on: . Him & irREVerent liked the choice of the Bon Air due to my previous review :(

Thanks to irREVerent for hauling my sled up to Timmins :right_on: .

Lots of rigs parked in New Liskeard @ the motels. LOTS of northbound rigs heading north all along 11 today. Several times we met 2 or 3 rigs travelling in groups. TOP A looked in decent shape south of Matheson where we could see the trail. On Sat' we could see where the Golden Corridor groomer had turned around @ the 1st ice crossing north of Matheson.

14 hours ago, apeXMAN said:

Great ride and pictures! Trails look very good!

Sorry you couldn't join us. Riding conditions were great.

Forgot to mention we stopped @ the L22/L143 junction on Fri' morning & the L143 looked to be in good shape.

An addendum to Sledjunk's post on Thu':

20180304_134008.thumb.jpg.46247b0d803ba2bee7cf5c325dc02d90.jpg 5a9cb51e877b8_TimminsWest.thumb.JPG.ae47b18f05bb13a4884f9c4ec87ca2bb.JPG

9 hours ago, irREVerent said:

I thought he was with you...  :-)

Actually he was with Terry.  They had tried booking a room trailside, but no go.  Oh...........................................and these are the pics you get when you don't speed.  No lakes today, therefore we didn't ride over 50 today.  Trails were AWESOME!!!!!  Too bad you two didn't stay longer.  But, I understand you don't ride with us because we're too slow. 

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

44 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

Actually he was with Terry.  They had tried booking a room trailside, but no go.  Oh...........................................and these are the pics you get when you don't speed.  No lakes today, therefore we didn't ride over 50 today.  Trails were AWESOME!!!!!  Too bad you two didn't stay longer.  But, I understand you don't ride with us because we're too slow. 

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

LOL

So it was a teepee we passed. I thought it was a 'witch's hat' like the 1 beside E107 near Twin Lakes.

I must be colour blind because I didn't see a moose head when we were there on Thu'. Is SJ having a hard time keeping up to you? It shouldn't be hard since the 'leader' is riding only half a sled :poke2: 

There's that white moose !

It's amazing what you get to see if you slow down enough that everything isn't just a blur.

11 hours ago, extreme600 said:

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

Looks like you had a great day, Dee.  Nice shot of the white moose.. and the teepee...too bad it wasn't available for trailside accommodation...  :-)

Have fun and stay safe this week.

Not my picture, but saw a few of these mining trucks on the Goldcorp haul road that A111C runs along nearby.

5a9d6199da116_GoldcorpCatMiningTruck.jpg.9a48dc7c4df3e151c79cbce03091fa2a.jpg 

We saw a tractor trailer w/ ski-doo graphics north bound on 11 when we were having lunch @ the Bay Truck Stop. It looked like something for 'shows & exhibits'. When I was @ the dealer today, I saw the spring preview schedule & it was just leaving North Bay date for Amos PQ.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

We saw a tractor trailer w/ ski-doo graphics north bound on 11 when we were having lunch @ the Bay Truck Stop. It looked like something for 'shows & exhibits'. When I was @ the dealer today, I saw the spring preview schedule & it was just leaving North Bay date for Amos PQ.

Skidoo had a showing of the 2019 models at Best Western Inn on lakeshore avenue in North Bay this past weekend. I heard it advertised on the radio. Giesler Marine was also named as the supporting dealer. 

I forgot to mention we had seen 1 of these on the northwest side of Cochrane:

Standard_radar_sign.jpg.979ee52b4de53eced248f4e9d031f626.jpg

No speeds being dislayed. SJ, figured it was being used as a traffic counter.

Archived