Month old Yamaha bent tunnel!?

IndyIan

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Not sure why everyone thinks a letter from a lawyer will do anything, they will ignore it just the same 

And the minute you get a lawyer involved it becomes much more adversarial. Then things change. They won't talk to you directly or even through your dealer. All communication now goes between their lawyer and yours. If you go that route think about how much you are willing to spend on legal representation vs the cost of the tunnel. Or be willing to work the process through until you have a definitive yes or no from them then consider legal options.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 02Sled said:

And the minute you get a lawyer involved it becomes much more adversarial. Then things change. They won't talk to you directly or even through your dealer. All communication now goes between their lawyer and yours. If you go that route think about how much you are willing to spend on legal representation vs the cost of the tunnel. Or be willing to work the process through until you have a definitive yes or no from them then consider legal options.

the above is correct, in this instance, and in A LOT OF INSTANCES. once you threaten to get a lawyer, prepare to get push back. and if you do go the lawyer route, be prepared, you will no longer be talking to the dealer, or mfg at all... EVERYTHING FROM THAT POINT ON, GOES THROUGH BOTH PARTIES LAWYERS. Ski

Trade it in on something else if it isn't that noticeable. 

After reading the issues surrounding the problems with this sled and the lack of support from the company, I would never purchase anything with the Yamaha badge on it. Pianos included.

I would just wait it out and see what your dealer says.  If you and your dealer are tight see if you can trade it in and maybe he can work on it with Yamaha himself.  I would not hire a lawyer thats just my opinion as others said it will become costly.

Give them a chance if they are anything like insurance they take their sweet time. As frustrating as it is.  I would not hesitate to follow up with them thought or get your dealer to contact his district rep and get him to put some pressure on Yamaha.

I had to wait 2 weeks for a side panel on my sled to be warrantied.

I have a pro cross tunnel in a box still, never needed it, it's black, maybe I can sell it?

32 minutes ago, snapper said:

After reading the issues surrounding the problems with this sled and the lack of support from the company, I would never purchase anything with the Yamaha badge on it. Pianos included.

I hope you don't believe everything you read to be truth.  But it's your choice.

6 hours ago, skidooboy said:

the above is correct, in this instance, and in A LOT OF INSTANCES. once you threaten to get a lawyer, prepare to get push back. and if you do go the lawyer route, be prepared, you will no longer be talking to the dealer, or mfg at all... EVERYTHING FROM THAT POINT ON, GOES THROUGH BOTH PARTIES LAWYERS. Ski

That would be fine with me, they already ruined the season on a 20k sled after three uses. Time for court. it became adversarial as soon as they balked at the claim and denied him. The guy has ridden the sled 3 times, has now been faced with a large repair bill, and cannot use it again until, the following year.  If he fixes it and sells it next fall he will lose 10 grand for those three rides. Yamaha are being dicks.

Ford put four new rims on my wifes car. The aluminum pitted, it was 30 months old, dealer took pics, sent them in, 4 days later he called to bring it in. That is warranty and a commpany that stand behind what they sell, yamaha is a joke. I do not doubt polaris cat and doo would deny it either.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Ford put four new rims on my wifes car. The aluminum pitted, it was 30 months old, dealer took pics, sent them in, 4 days later he called to bring it in. That is warranty and a commpany that stand behind what they sell, yamaha is a joke. I do not doubt polaris cat and doo would deny it either.

Warranty on sleds is a joke. Almost everything is normal wear and tear. 

Mind you skidoo covered voltage regulator and ignition coils on 900. Dealer even took them off a new sled apparently ignition coils were back ordered from and hard to get. Wonder if it is a common problem. 

How ow are you making out on sled? 

On 24/02/2018 at 8:38 AM, Spiderman said:

I have a pro cross tunnel in a box still, never needed it, it's black, maybe I can sell it?

How much? What length?

Parts are supppsed to be in thua week from the states... my yamaha customer care rep is on holidays until march 8th with no contact before he left. 

So I pay the bill and hopefully get a cochrane trip in, than take my chances on it being covered... or I wait to do anything until they approve it and write this season off.

14 minutes ago, IndyIan said:

Parts are supppsed to be in thua week from the states... my yamaha customer care rep is on holidays until march 8th with no contact before he left. 

So I pay the bill and hopefully get a cochrane trip in, than take my chances on it being covered... or I wait to do anything until they approve it and write this season off.

IMHO once you have paid for the repair the supplier has a much easier time dropping the issue. 

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier but have you thought about contacting your insurer?  

On 2018-02-28 at 7:59 PM, IndyIan said:

Pay for it on your visa.  Then file a dispute with visa.

19 minutes ago, signfan said:

Pay for it on your visa.  Then file a dispute with visa.

That doesn't work when you swipe card and enter pin though. No disputing then. 

23 hours ago, scottyr said:

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier but have you thought about contacting your insurer?  

Guess it would become a collision claim then and count as a claim though? My end up paying for it in long run though. 

9 minutes ago, gobills said:

Go to cochrane and get it to the Canyon and Try and do some of the big hills!!!

Yeah maybe it will catch fire or fall off truck on way up. Lol good luck sounds like a real hassle. 

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Guess it would become a collision claim then and count as a claim though? My end up paying for it in long run though. 

it was hit while you were eating lunch, no note was left, comprehensive claim. Also known as insurance fraud.

17 minutes ago, zoso said:

it was hit while you were eating lunch, no note was left, comprehensive claim. Also known as insurance fraud.

Yeah that happened to groomer guy in his own store parking lot. Leave it in a Timmies parking lot at 5 am and something will happen to it no doubt. 

58 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Yeah that happened to groomer guy in his own store parking lot. Leave it in a Timmies parking lot at 5 am and something will happen to it no doubt. 

leave it in brantford and run in use the washroom, it will be gone when you come out.

Archived