St. Marys area

sunderland17

Can someone comment on how the conditions in the Thorndale to St. Mary's area has held up after the rain today? 

2 hours ago, zoso said:

Check the interactive map. LOL.....Then trailer 200kms to ride in a muddy field listed as yellow.

Should be fine, rain didn't do much damage and st Mary's has more snow as well.  I am near Stratford and will be heading out Tuesday. I just hoping they groom Monday. 

6 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Should be fine, rain didn't do much damage and st Mary's has more snow as well.  I am near Stratford and will be heading out Tuesday. I just hoping they groom Monday. 

Rained her as well, but being it was below freezing the rain just froze on the top layer of snow and did not melt it. We got lucky this time......Have a good ride.

15 minutes ago, zoso said:

Rained her as well, but being it was below freezing the rain just froze on the top layer of snow and did not melt it. We got lucky this time......Have a good ride.

Thursday we might be finished. Plus 5 and rain. Weather doesn't look good after that either for my area. 

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Thursday we might be finished. Plus 5 and rain. Weather doesn't look good after that either for my area. 

herer as well, but have a no rain forecast from others, so I guess we wait and see. The trailer is ready.I think I am going to do a Northern Quebec trip this spring. Great time to go when it is not -30 at noon and instead -4.

11 minutes ago, zoso said:

herer as well, but have a no rain forecast from others, so I guess we wait and see. The trailer is ready.I think I am going to do a Northern Quebec trip this spring. Great time to go when it is not -30 at noon and instead -4.

What dates do you have in mind? I always wanted to go to Quebec. 

2 hours ago, sunderland17 said:

Can someone comment on how the conditions in the Thorndale to St. Mary's area has held up after the rain today? 

St Mary's should be fine. Can't comment about thorndale, since they might have received more rain. I am going Tuesday for a ride. Will take a day for groomers to fix all moguls from heavy weekend traffic. 

I live in Mitchell and the trails survived the rain today.   I am going for a ride tomorrow as the long range isn't looking good.  

just looked at forecast and think if its correct we should be ok at least until end of  weekend...minimal rain...calling for 10 - 15cm for Monday next week....

3 hours ago, zoso said:

I would suggest that anyone wanting to ride in the south, develop a cough right now and set the stage for the 7am call in on tuesday morning. Tuesday may be our last chance local for the season.

Wednesday is ok too. I will be out tomorrow.hooefully they groom. People will have sled flu until trails close. 

14 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Wednesday is ok too. I will be out tomorrow.hooefully they groom. People will have sled flu until trails close. 

I just got in from a 90km ride. Un-groomed for 90%, but groomers are on the move here. Some of the corners have been brought down to dirt, but still a ton of snow on the berms and roads are actually holding ice even with the sun. Tuesday will be a full day for us, and maybe get out and ride those summmer conditions on wed too. plus 7 and sunshine is the forcast for wed so roads will be mud. If it all ends this week riding from home I cannot complain, I have logged 1500km riding from the garage, that is pretty good for southern ontario.

The fellas are going to be at my house at 5pm to go for a ride.  I normally hate riding at night but I am booked solid Tues and Wed this week with work stuff.  

Just got back from 160km ride.  Trails are rock hard and super fast.   As long as it doesn't rain too much they should survive a couple of warmer days.   

8 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Just got back from 160km ride.  Trails are rock hard and super fast.   As long as it doesn't rain too much they should survive a couple of warmer days.   

Which way did you go? Was b111 all beat up as usual? 

We left my house in Mitchell.   Went to Seaforth, Clinton over to Bayfield for a snack and then back home the other way through Exeter, Staffa etc...  

Trails were bumpy in places but its quite cold tonight and things were tightening up pretty hard.   If guys stay off them on Wed and Thursday we should be good for 1 more weekend.  

8 hours ago, scottyr said:

We left my house in Mitchell.   Went to Seaforth, Clinton over to Bayfield for a snack and then back home the other way through Exeter, Staffa etc...  

Trails were bumpy in places but its quite cold tonight and things were tightening up pretty hard.   If guys stay off them on Wed and Thursday we should be good for 1 more weekend.  

Great news ,thanks for the update

Rode a 100 km loop out of Thorndale into St. Mary's on Monday.  Except for about 10 km everything was freshly groomed and I passed one groomer.  Trails were hard pack and in great shape.  A real nice afternoon in the sun.  It is great being able to ride so close to home.

20180212_143409_resized.thumb.jpg.20b3468007a9378acaf0bc01d24631d7.jpg  20180212_134951_resized.thumb.jpg.4f7f13a37e065bcc821a3babb1d5e732.jpg

Went out last night, wellesley to stratford to monkton back to new hamburg and up to wellesley.  

Mitchell area was still nice.   Stratford area is almost done.   Its like riding on ice.  

I ran from Tavistock down to beachville to ingersoll over to Harrington back to Tavistock. Trails are very thin in spots. After today those trails are going to be very bare,and if we get rain there done IMO for now till more snow comes. 

we did 376 k trip yesterday.from New Hamburg up through St.Marys.......stay west     

We rode 248 km. today Heidelberg/ Wellesley via Millbank/Stratford/Mitchell/Seaforth/Brussels/Monkton/Milverton and home. Trails were good to very good except for 15 km, each side of Stratford. West was good. By mid afternoon the plowed fields were showing a lot of brown spots and the Milverton trails were brutal. When I just now  looked at the ITG everything from New Hamburg to Mitchell and beyond is "Unavailable"

Archived