B204

woodzi

Heading south on B204 after Middlebrook Road (approximately opposite side of the river from Inverhaugh) there are a bunch of logs in the feild, and, as I found out, one sticks out onto the trail. It was covered with snow, and I didn't see it at all until I went back to see what I hit. I moved one of the orange stakes from up the trail to mark the log, but I dont think it will stay put long in the loose snow. 

A little bit faster and a couple of inches farther to the right and I would probably still be lying out there. 

Not sure if there is a way to report things like this? It should be marked better - trust me, I wasn't going too fast and I was paying attention - and I was on the marked trail.

59 minutes ago, woodzi said:

Heading south on B204 after Middlebrook Road (approximately opposite side of the river from Inverhaugh) there are a bunch of logs in the feild, and, as I found out, one sticks out onto the trail. It was covered with snow, and I didn't see it at all until I went back to see what I hit. I moved one of the orange stakes from up the trail to mark the log, but I dont think it will stay put long in the loose snow. 

A little bit faster and a couple of inches farther to the right and I would probably still be lying out there. 

Not sure if there is a way to report things like this? It should be marked better - trust me, I wasn't going too fast and I was paying attention - and I was on the marked trail.

Glad you didn't get hurt woodzi. I believe that trail belongs to Fergus Elora Belwood Snowmobile Club. I don't have contact info. for them but they do have a Facebook page and would likely appreciate you letting them know about this serious issue. Baylaker on here lives in Fergus so he may know someone from the club if you PM him.

Below is the district 9 contact info. You can also go thru them to get to the club.

Contact Us

Call Us...519-986-2861

The automated attendant is available 24 hours a day for your convenience.  

If you are asked to leave a message, please do so, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

Email Us:  manager@ofscdistrict9.ca

Fax Us:  519-986-4051

Mail Us:  OFSC District 9 Office

PO Box 551

Markdale, ON
N0C 1H0

Archived