Starting in New Liskeard

Dufftom

We are trailing to New Liskeard next wk, any input on snow conditions around there? Since many of you have travelled thru there on your drive to Cochrane. Or should we trailer to Kirkland Lake?

Riding to New Liskeardfrom Sudbury tomorrow. I'll let you know how they are. We're there till Sunday.  

I left there on Jan 28 and it was terrible, just ice and dirt and returned Feb 4 and completely better conditions. Should be real good now.

4 hours ago, bunker said:

I left there on Jan 28 and it was terrible, just ice and dirt and returned Feb 4 and completely better conditions. Should be real good now.

I noticed the same driving up on the 31st & coming home on the 2nd.

We rode from Sudbury to New Liskeard!  Trails were great! We're going to head north tomorrow. 

We're going to head to Kirkland then to Kenogami and back down to New Liskeard. 

Yes quite a bit!  lol!  

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, Evil said:

We rode from Sudbury to New Liskeard!  Trails were great! We're going to head north tomorrow. 

Which trail did you take?  Did you go up by the A trail through Temagami, or did you take the C north heading out of Sudbury?

If all works out I'd like to go up to Elk Lake leaving from around Field or River Valley and go up through Marten River and Temagami.

14 hours ago, Evil said:

Yes quite a bit!  lol!  

No pictures ?  don't be cheap now .... :D 

This weren't no scenic tour.

:lol:

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:33 AM, snowgirl said:

Which trail did you take?  Did you go up by the A trail through Temagami, or did you take the C north heading out of Sudbury?

If all works out I'd like to go up to Elk Lake leaving from around Field or River Valley and go up through Marten River and Temagami.

We came from Chelmsford to Garson, Skead.  We chose to go through Crystal Falls then to Marten River.  Trails were excellent.  There is some plowed section of the trail for quite a few miles between Marten River and Temagami, but there is lots of snow cover so there's no worries there!    We did ride up North of Kirkland Saturday and came back on the A trail for a bit, that trail was mint!  You should have a great ride!

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, Denis007 said:

No pictures ?  don't be cheap now .... :D 

Okay Denis, I'll post tonight on a different post, I'm hijacking this poor guys post!  :-) 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, Dufftom said:

We are trailing to New Liskeard next wk, any input on snow conditions around there? Since many of you have travelled thru there on your drive to Cochrane. Or should we trailer to Kirkland Lake?

Trails were great from New Liskeard.  A little thin in the fields where the snow is blowing around, nothing to worry about.  The rest of the trails were great, lots of snow!  You won't go wrong staying here, if you want to ride further North then I suggest Kirkland Lake.

9 hours ago, Evil said:

Trails were great from New Liskeard.  A little thin in the fields where the snow is blowing around, nothing to worry about.  The rest of the trails were great, lots of snow!  You won't go wrong staying here, if you want to ride further North then I suggest Kirkland Lake.

How was the A108 south of KL along the hydro line? Sometimes it can get chewed up pretty bad.

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

How was the A108 south of KL along the hydro line? Sometimes it can get chewed up pretty bad.

It as good!  We didn't run into as many sledders as I thought we would!

Archived