Top E102 Griffth To Eganville

old sledhead

So pleased to be able to tell everyone that after 3 years of problems with this trail it is now open and listed GREEN !!!!!!:D

This was a big big job as the trail had to be totally rerouted  due to bill 100 lock outs.This all happened thanks to the Eganville president Zach Plotz who did not have enough to do keeping the club running he went out found a new route signed up the landowners , met with contractors headed up brushing and signage work party's. Including the rebuilding of a bridge

I went with him earlier this season to pack this trail that was 14 hours and yesterday to get it groomed and listed open he spent another 14 hours in the groomer to get it groomed up .

Just a side note he has not even had time to get his sled out of storage yet and at this point my not have time to ride this year.

I know he is not the only hard working volunteer out there but to all you that cant say anything good about this sport we love to enjoy shut the H##L up put on your big boy( girl) pants and get out and help.

To all you hard working volunteers

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks Zach for all the hard work  and a mere thank you does not seem like enough ..have a camp in Quadeville and always enjoy the trails that your club maintains...Cheers

3 hours ago, old sledhead said:

So pleased to be able to tell everyone that after 3 years of problems with this trail it is now open and listed GREEN !!!!!!:D

This was a big big job as the trail had to be totally rerouted  due to bill 100 lock outs.This all happened thanks to the Eganville president Zach Plotz who did not have enough to do keeping the club running he went out found a new route signed up the landowners , met with contractors headed up brushing and signage work party's. Including the rebuilding of a bridge

I went with him earlier this season to pack this trail that was 14 hours and yesterday to get it groomed and listed open he spent another 14 hours in the groomer to get it groomed up .

Just a side note he has not even had time to get his sled out of storage yet and at this point my not have time to ride this year.

I know he is not the only hard working volunteer out there but to all you that cant say anything good about this sport we love to enjoy shut the H##L up put on your big boy( girl) pants and get out and help.

To all you hard working volunteers

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that mean this portion of missing trail will be back?  can now get through?

image.png.4bdd426944495e61181a22ed0fff4449.png

2 hours ago, canuckrider said:

Does that mean this portion of missing trail will be back?  can now get through?

image.png.4bdd426944495e61181a22ed0fff4449.png

This trail is open for some reason the GPS tracks are missing from the map.

I believe its was updated on the district paper map as it was g.p.s d in the summer for a grant app that was not approved . 

Again open all the way from griffith to eganville

Archived