Haliburton to Gravenhurst - How Long?

monte1214

ITG says that it's about 130kms from the West side of Hali into Gravenhurst.

I figured a couple hours at a "decent trail" speed.

A local boy from Hali says it's 5+ hrs!?!?

Can anyone on here confirm timeframes for this ride? 

Trail type - Twisty, open fields, etc?

5 hours sounds about right. We ride from Tory hill to Huntsville and it takes about 8 hours at a decent speed. 

Lots of twists, some hydro line and some lake crossings. Halliburton trails in the past have been rough north of the town. Don't know how they are lately as I avoid the Haliburton area because its usually a popular area to ride so the trails are beat down on weekends.

The B trail thru bigwin park is closed for the season (bridges). You would have to detour north up to baysville on d101, 45, d102 then go south on d103 back to the B trail or take 44 west across to D trail south. Not sure on timing. D101, 45 102 are fast sweeping turns logging roads and d103 and 44 are tighter cottage roads with some fast sections. 44 has some wild hill crests on it. Blake can probably comment on the B trail from bigwind going west. Hope this helps. 

On 07/02/2018 at 12:09 PM, grover_yyz said:

5 hours sounds about right. We ride from Tory hill to Huntsville and it takes about 8 hours at a decent speed. 

Lots of twists, some hydro line and some lake crossings. Halliburton trails in the past have been rough north of the town. Don't know how they are lately as I avoid the Haliburton area because its usually a popular area to ride so the trails are beat down on weekends.

Have ridden from Wilberforce to Huntsville/Kearney area and back many times in a day.  North Bay lakeshore in a day is very doable.   

Correct about the bigwin park.  Monte you Could easily do gravenhurst for lunch of you leave early, especially with how Haliburton the lakes are currently.

Thanks everyone. 

We've actually changed up our plans a bit, and won't be going that far. 

Archived