WHO'S GETTING SNOW

thetorches

It just started snowing here. Coming down pretty good. Looking at the Doppler radar, it looks like it might last for awhile. Looks like there's a nice system around Sault Ste. Marie right now also. Come on snow.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Port Severn had a good foot of snow come down between about 11 last night and 8 this morning. It was still coming down and expected to last until about 1:00. The same for Orillia.

10 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Port Severn had a good foot of snow come down between about 11 last night and 8 this morning. It was still coming down and expected to last until about 1:00. The same for Orillia.

Great news. That should open a few trails.

9 minutes ago, thetorches said:

Great news. That should open a few trails.

I'm hoping so. In particular C trail from Coldwater through to Midland. It's flat and dry so it should be an easy one to reopen. I'm really hoping they actually get the forecast right for the end of this week. They are looking at a significant storm coming from the Gulf with lots of warm very moist air. Apparently too far off to predict a path but it's been suggested it could bring 50+ cm of snow to some areas. Please be right for a change.

6 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'm hoping so. In particular C trail from Coldwater through to Midland. It's flat and dry so it should be an easy one to reopen. I'm really hoping they actually get the forecast right for the end of this week. They are looking at a significant storm coming from the Gulf with lots of warm very moist air. Apparently too far off to predict a path but it's been suggested it could bring 50+ cm of snow to some areas. Please be right for a change.

Looks like the storm could pull in warm golf air depending on track. 

13 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Looks like the storm could pull in warm golf air depending on track. 

Nice play on the word... but  SSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!! don't jinx it.

5 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Nice play on the word... but  SSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!! don't jinx it.

If it tracks right could be some good snow amounts. Be nice if we could get a hurricane to hit us, and stall for a week when cold air comes down. That would be interesting if it was even possible. 

Well I'm not getting any !!!

Oh, snow, thought you meant, aw never mind.

Not getting any snow either.

Been snowing here all day, very fine though. Maybe 2”??? Tonight and tomorrow look pretty good if they get it right...Tuesday into Wednesday looks like this though 

A1EE24C9-C0F5-43F5-92D5-EA2599479C48.jpeg

23 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Well I'm not getting any !!!

Oh, snow, thought you meant, aw never mind.

Not getting any snow either.

:rotflmao:

If things set up around Durham and to the west/south west this week is anyone interested in a ride on Sunday? Or anywhere south of that even. I’m out of Hamilton. 

With the snow last week and tonight the Victoria rail line and the Pinery should be rideable tomorrow. Gonna check it out

Minden and dorset are getting great snow.  Been snowing on and off all day.  Supposed to carry on all night and tomorrow.  The lakes are going to be great it will fill in all of the drifts on them and some of the rocks in between lakes.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Just finished plowing in time for it to start snowing again. We got 8-10 inches and is now snowing hard. They are calling for another 4-6 inches tonight and 2-4 tomorrow. I will probably have to blow snow again tomorrow in Carling.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I'll pass on any storm coming from the Gulf of Mexico.  Just keep sending us Alberta clippers.  These gulf storms turn to rain 9 times out of 10.  They are too warm.  That's what we got over and over again this January.  If they do snow they never track far enough to hit cottage country where we actually need snow.  Let's all just pray for multiple Alberta clippers.  Give us 2 a week at 2" - 4" of snow at a time.  

6 hours ago, gobills said:

Minden and dorset are getting great snow.  Been snowing on and off all day.  Supposed to carry on all night and tomorrow.  The lakes are going to be great it will fill in all of the drifts on them and some of the rocks in between lakes.

It was snowing quite hard in Huntsville late in the afternoon. I started driving thru snow in the Trout Creek/Sundridge area.

Got a good blast of snow west of Kitchener. Looks like around 4" on flat in last few hours. Farther west probability got a foot. Maybe Stratford st Mary's, Exeter to Mitchell and over to Listowel might re open soon, if snow keeps up. 

Going out in half hour to plow, just looked out the window and we got a good  dumping of snow and it hasn’t stopped yet!

14 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

With the snow last week and tonight the Victoria rail line and the Pinery should be rideable tomorrow. Gonna check it out

Yes they might be rideable but the KLSC groomers haven’t been seen in a week or so.    I am not sure if they were out last night but will check in the morning   

10 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Got a good blast of snow west of Kitchener. Looks like around 4" on flat in last few hours. Farther west probability got a foot. Maybe Stratford st Mary's, Exeter to Mitchell and over to Listowel might re open soon, if snow keeps up. 

Probably 8-10" and still falling in Exeter. Heard that Pineridge groomers were going to start if got the snowfall and we did. :D

50 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

Probably 8-10" and still falling in Exeter. Heard that Pineridge groomers were going to start if got the snowfall and we did. :D

We have enough to start building a base too. Another few inches overnight so close to 6 to 8" fell. Hopefully some yellow by middle of the week or maybe straight to green if snow keeps up for some area's. 

Archived