Replacement of Damaged Permit

freddydoo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2018 at 12:23 AM, There's a Blizzard coming said:

I also contacted OFSC trying to speed up getting replacement pass as I purchased a new sled. They told me I had to wait to get numbers then email photo's and information. They would then process and mail me new pass. Could be a week to ten days. This is crazy. We have purchased three passes for over 25 years and this is the service we get. The season is short enough as it is. I told the girl in the OFSC office, "I am riding. " I will carry paper work for old sled and new and carry pass in my pocket but I am riding. In the old days anyone who sold passes could give you replacement pass on the spot. OFSC is nobody without sledders and it's time to say STOP.

Update on Transfer of pass from Jan 19th.  So on 19th I removed valid sticker off 2002 sled, took pictures of paper work and pass sitting on my kitchen table and sent everything in to OFSC. I then called them to make sure they received everything and where we good. They said yes !!!  Friday night Feb 9th. I get an email saying we are open Mon to Fri call them with my visa so they can process new pass. Sunday morning Feb 12th I get another email from a different girl saying, " We need you to now cut the pass into two pieces and take a new picture and send to us so we can process."  This is now Feb 12th and I ain't much closer on getting a new pass anytime soon as they still have to process and mail. So I have no pass on old sled and no new pass on new sled. Really?  Stay tuned to the new norm of customer service and OFSC.

Believe me. It is not just the OFSC. It is all around us. If you find ANY business who gives great service then hang on to  them and verbally advertise it. Advertising bad service works as well but could get you in court on slander charges.

1 hour ago, There's a Blizzard coming said:

Update on Transfer of pass from Jan 19th.  So on 19th I removed valid sticker off 2002 sled, took pictures of paper work and pass sitting on my kitchen table and sent everything in to OFSC. I then called them to make sure they received everything and where we good. They said yes !!!  Friday night Feb 9th. I get an email saying we are open Mon to Fri call them with my visa so they can process new pass. Sunday morning Feb 12th I get another email from a different girl saying, " We need you to now cut the pass into two pieces and take a new picture and send to us so we can process."  This is now Feb 12th and I ain't much closer on getting a new pass anytime soon as they still have to process and mail. So I have no pass on old sled and no new pass on new sled. Really?  Stay tuned to the new norm of customer service and OFSC.

Received my replacement permit Feb 5th.  Submitted on Jan 7th.  

12 minutes ago, freddydoo said:

Received my replacement permit Feb 5th.  Submitted on Jan 7th.  

Is that a sick joke? I mean I understand they need some protocol so people can't get multiple passes for free but c'mon? I hope you kept riding with the old one in your pocket or something

Ha last year I switched sleds in December paid the 15 bucks and never got a new permit.  Rode the whole year with the old sleds permit on it.  I had the paperwork saying I paid but never received the new permit.  What a joke!

9 minutes ago, gobills said:

Ha last year I switched sleds in December paid the 15 bucks and never got a new permit.  Rode the whole year with the old sleds permit on it.  I had the paperwork saying I paid but never received the new permit.  What a joke!

I might have a wee bit of sympathy for the OFSC if this was a new problem this year due to the new permit distributor. Since it has carried over from past years there is no sympathy at all from me. WTF are they doing in Barrie?

28 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I might have a wee bit of sympathy for the OFSC if this was a new problem this year due to the new permit distributor. Since it has carried over from past years there is no sympathy at all from me. WTF are they doing in Barrie?

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with the “new permit distributor”, the issue is how the replacement permits are ‘handled’ by the OFSC as I don’t believe the Distributor is involved in the replacement process.

I recently added this matter to my lengthy list of OFSC “Issues” and the list is not very flattering to what is going on.

On 2018-01-23 at 2:49 AM, 02Sled said:

Because they are perhaps like you said looking for those stolen permits. They can ask me pretty much anything and I don't have anything to hide so can answer pretty much anything. I have been asked where I was coming from once. Rather than be all defensive and saying none of your business it was a pleasant conversation about the conditions of the trail I had been on and similarly they told me what the trails were like ahead. I don't fear them like you seem to do. The few I have met on the trail are great people simply doing a job

Actually it says in fine print that you need to carry permit paper work with you. I had a cop ask me for paper work once and once I pulled out everything, they didn't bother to check my buddy. I think they just do random checks and ask for it every so often. 

Once I was pulled over at a car ride check slow night and they asked me for my car insurance and drivers license. I asked the cop if this was allowed and they told me, I have to produce it when ever asked. 5 minutes later he comes back and says everything is ok and let me go. Passerby's I bet thought I was a drunk caught red handed. 

13 hours ago, Poo Man said:

I wonder if you just showed up at the office? Not convenient if your far away obviously

Someone told me a couple of years ago that the office was not accessible to Joe permit buyer. Not sure if this is currently the case.

19 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Someone told me a couple of years ago that the office was not accessible to Joe permit buyer. Not sure if this is currently the case.

This is the case I sent in a request to replace a damaged permit two weeks ago with no response yet. We have 16 district offices it is beyond me why they are not allowed to help with this.

Archived