Replacement of Damaged Permit

freddydoo

Anyone else waiting for a replacement/transfer permit from OFSC?    Email response I received from OFSC yesterday below.  I submitted my request for replacement of a damaged permit on Jan 7.   So technically I cannot ride OFSC trails until I receive my “Temporary Permit” that OFSC will email me after they call me to get the $15 fee?

Hello Xxxx
I am sorry for the wait we are the only office in the province and we are working as fast as humanly possible on replacements and transfers we will contact you shortly. 
Thank you for patience Xxxx
Kindest Regards

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ride and keep original paper work. You paid all good. 

I also contacted OFSC trying to speed up getting replacement pass as I purchased a new sled. They told me I had to wait to get numbers then email photo's and information. They would then process and mail me new pass. Could be a week to ten days. This is crazy. We have purchased three passes for over 25 years and this is the service we get. The season is short enough as it is. I told the girl in the OFSC office, "I am riding. " I will carry paper work for old sled and new and carry pass in my pocket but I am riding. In the old days anyone who sold passes could give you replacement pass on the spot. OFSC is nobody without sledders and it's time to say STOP.

2 hours ago, There's a Blizzard coming said:

I also contacted OFSC trying to speed up getting replacement pass as I purchased a new sled. They told me I had to wait to get numbers then email photo's and information. They would then process and mail me new pass. Could be a week to ten days. This is crazy. We have purchased three passes for over 25 years and this is the service we get. The season is short enough as it is. I told the girl in the OFSC office, "I am riding. " I will carry paper work for old sled and new and carry pass in my pocket but I am riding. In the old days anyone who sold passes could give you replacement pass on the spot. OFSC is nobody without sledders and it's time to say STOP.

I agree, it is pathetic.

I never got mine last year.  After about 5 phone calls and a couple emails i gave up.  I paid the 15 bucks for a permit transfer due to switching sleds and the second permit never came.  Glad i did not wait for it come, i just stuck the original  sleds permit to the new sled.  Yes i know the numbers would not match up with the paperwork, at least i had a permit on and visible and i kept the email saying i paid for a transfer in the sled.

I am dealing with this same issue, sold my sled prior to even installing permit... but rather than slap it on the new sled decided to go through the process of transfer so the numbers match. Over a week and havent heard a thing... I guess I will ride with the permit in my windshield bag, and look lime one of "those" guys. (Buys a brand new sled and doesn't buy a permit:angry:)

11 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Be a ton easier to be patient / understanding about the online permit fiasco, online map etc if this was the OFC's first or second year but come on.

The thing with the ITG for me is that they had a system that worked quite well. They abandoned the tested and fully functional system for a flaky "work in progress" Usually you don't go backwards... you go forward.

1 hour ago, IndyIan said:

I am dealing with this same issue, sold my sled prior to even installing permit... but rather than slap it on the new sled decided to go through the process of transfer so the numbers match. Over a week and havent heard a thing... I guess I will ride with the permit in my windshield bag, and look lime one of "those" guys. (Buys a brand new sled and doesn't buy a permit:angry:)

Next time just put it on, there is no law saying you have to carry the paperwork, so really there is no way for them to check it.

6 minutes ago, zoso said:

Next time just put it on, there is no law saying you have to carry the paperwork, so really there is no way for them to check it.

Yah, plus Odot's bro just bought one.:rolleyes:  

47 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

The thing with the ITG for me is that they had a system that worked quite well. They abandoned the tested and fully functional system for a flaky "work in progress" Usually you don't go backwards... you go forward.

Yes exactly that. If they thought the new system was going to be better, why not either test it offline or have the option to switch between the two of them for the general public to test?

Second day of trying to get permit transfer. Filled out long online form yesterday but didn't have all info they wanted. No place to save what you already did so had to start over. Filled all out again only to find it was a replacement not a transfer form. So did it all once again. There are a lot of people don't have computers and are trying this from smart phones or ipads. Goodluck with that!!! !I will keep you posted on this to see if I actually get one. 

2 hours ago, There's a Blizzard coming said:

Second day of trying to get permit transfer. Filled out long online form yesterday but didn't have all info they wanted. No place to save what you already did so had to start over. Filled all out again only to find it was a replacement not a transfer form. So did it all once again. There are a lot of people don't have computers and are trying this from smart phones or ipads. Goodluck with that!!! !I will keep you posted on this to see if I actually get one. 

Their IT knowledge seems to be weak at best and they are perhaps being bamboozled by somebody. They are convinced that NOBODY uses Internet Explorer any more. The snake oil salesman that sold them the new ITG probably convinced them of that since their product isn't compatible with IE. I remember about 10 years ago donating a bunch of servers that we were about to scrap and they were all excited about it. To us they weren't of any value any more. To them they were gold.

32 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Their IT knowledge seems to be weak at best and they are perhaps being bamboozled by somebody. They are convinced that NOBODY uses Internet Explorer any more. The snake oil salesman that sold them the new ITG probably convinced them of that since their product isn't compatible with IE. I remember about 10 years ago donating a bunch of servers that we were about to scrap and they were all excited about it. To us they weren't of any value any more. To them they were gold.

They were saying "nobody uses IE" well before the new ITG came out. One of their whiz kids told me that in an email about 3-4 years ago. I received an email the other day which I partially read and somehow totally deleted. It was at least partially written by Luc  the Yamaha man from east of North Bay. I believe it indicated that he was involved or in charge of the new ITG project. Since I cannot go back to reread it, I could be wrong. Did anyone else get that email and if so, please let me know if I am incorrect about this.

21 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

They were saying "nobody uses IE" well before the new ITG came out. One of their whiz kids told me that in an email about 3-4 years ago. I received an email the other day which I partially read and somehow totally deleted. It was at least partially written by Luc  the Yamaha man from east of North Bay. I believe it indicated that he was involved or in charge of the new ITG project. Since I cannot go back to reread it, I could be wrong. Did anyone else get that email and if so, please let me know if I am incorrect about this.

I remember something that is was more of a survey though, then an email. I remember it taking like half an hour to complete along with, how many km's a year you ride, how many nights away from home, what year of sleds etc

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I remember something that is was more of a survey though, then an email. I remember it taking like half an hour to complete along with, how many km's a year you ride, how many nights away from home, what year of sleds etc

Not at all what I was speaking of. I had sent OFSC an email regarding issues that I was having with my computer at the time. I got a response (don't use IE)from the gentleman with  his contact info. . I called him to let him know that there was still many Internet Explorer users around but he more or less laughed that off. Wasted phone call.

38 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

From what I see lately their IT expertise is amateurish at best. I strongly suspect that I could put together a better qualified team for the project with a bunch of first year on the job individuals and get a finished fully tested product in less time. At one of my former employers I was part of a project team that saw us get approved as a Canadian Bank, set up all the systems / software including interfaces with places like Moneris and issue a brand new credit card to users in just under 6 months. The execution was flawless. Here they can't even get a trail guide where it needs to be in almost a year or perhaps more. One would think they would have been working on it long before they shut down the old one.

20 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Not at all what I was speaking of. I had sent OFSC an email regarding issues that I was having with my computer at the time. I got a response (don't use IE)from the gentleman with  his contact info. . I called him to let him know that there was still many Internet Explorer users around but he more or less laughed that off. Wasted phone call.

Sounds like the same baloney students are being told by many of their university / college instructors / professors. We bought my niece a high end laptop to go to university with. A number of her professors tried to tell her that in business nobody uses Windows anymore that business has all switched over to Mac and she needed to get a Mac if she wanted to survive in the business world.

Friends have told me their kids have heard the same thing. Mac has a niche place in the artsy and creative disciplines but business in general will be using Windows. There are way too many legacy systems for them to abandon for one.

On 19/01/2018 at 3:17 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Jeff (Lucrestyle) Mcgirr from Bonfield.....

Jeff was previously employed with the OFSC out of Barrie and developed the original ITG and isnowmobile app during its first roll out.  He has beeen gone for several years and now works for Yamaha Canada and volunteers with his club locally...

5 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Jeff (Lucrestyle) Mcgirr from Bonfield.....

Jeff was previously employed with the OFSC out of Barrie and developed the original ITG and isnowmobile app during its first roll out.  He has beeen gone for several years and now works for Yamaha Canada and volunteers with his club locally...

Thank you for straightening that out YC. I apologize to Jeff for making the mistaken statement that I did.

7 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Thank you for straightening that out YC. I apologize to Jeff for making the mistaken statement that I did.

No worries! Jeff is a good friend. 

Here is the article..

https://www.northernontario.travel/snowmobiling/networking-on-ontario-snow-trails

Someone posted and said they where working as fast as they could being only one office in Ontario. That was not my point. Why do passes only have to be bought online from OFSC?  Dealers, Clubs, local business liked selling the passes and transfer passes. It brings customers into the very businesses we depend on for local club support. In the past I could have taken my old pass into home hardware and had a new pass in half an hour, no computer required. OFSC wants all the control and they are not equipped to handle it.  And we never had to add $7.50 to every pass we bought locally. Those places got nothing for selling permits. 

Somerimes it really is better to have things done the old way. 

Archived