Owen Sound..

Turbo Doo

Nope. Just off the rail trail there is a side trail into town. Then if I recall it was less than 1 block to Boston pizza and gas (beside each other). The short distance in town was through a ditch and a parking lot. Both were snow covered last week. 

1 hour ago, willb said:

Nope. Just off the rail trail there is a side trail into town. Then if I recall it was less than 1 block to Boston pizza and gas (beside each other). The short distance in town was through a ditch and a parking lot. Both were snow covered last week. 

Thanks for the info..

Tons of snow. Trails firming up great. Wind has been the enemy filling trails in but next to that a great start!

16 minutes ago, Faceman said:

Tons of snow. Trails firming up great. Wind has been the enemy filling trails in but next to that a great start!

Thanks faceman. We are most likely starting out from the shelbourne groomer shed sunday am..

Should be a sweet ride, might be busy thought LOL (doyahthink??)

Trails were great up that way on Wednesday. We rode into OS from the West. The zig zag up the escarpment was a bit thin but otherwise it was awesome everywhere. It should be even better now.

22 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Just a quick question for guys in the know. Access to the Boston Pizza in owen sound by sled? Scratchy etc?  Thanks.. Thinking of a little tour that way sunday..

Can't miss the trail turn off - has BP sign and gas - you can see BP and gas from end of trail at road. Plenty of snow cover on roads this am. Trails in excellent shape - some drifting on trails north of Owen Sound. In for lunch, pictures later.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Can't miss the trail turn off - has BP sign and gas - you can see BP and gas from end of trail at road. Plenty of snow cover on roads this am. Trails in excellent shape - some drifting on trails north of Owen Sound. In for lunch, pictures later.

Staying at quality inn or pine whatever across the road? 

Will be there MOnday!!!  Can't wait to get out there FINALLY.

Planning on riding from Orangeville to Tobermory on Friday, hopefully the warm up/rain on Thursday doesn't hurt the trails...

Any locals know why some of the trails are showing red? Land owner issues or trails just have not been groomed yet?

Tobermory.PNG

5 hours ago, slomo said:

Thanks.. were leaving from  the shelburne groomer shed bright and early tomorrow am with the 850 and the new ride.. heading Owen sound way for lunch.

11 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Thanks.. were leaving from  the shelburne groomer shed bright and early tomorrow am with the 850 and the new ride.. heading Owen sound way for lunch.

Sorry mispoke earlier - trail is the one right after the trail to the quality inn. The sign says 'food gas' not Boston Pizza - but that is where it is. The BP signs are all over the trail though.

bp.jpg.4ff7f45ce40ce86439da02a6332b7af5.jpg

3 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Staying at quality inn or pine whatever across the road? 

At a nearby monastery with a good view of the trails hosted by  a community of monks striving to live a simple, genuine and full monastic life according to the Scriptures. Members here are only allowed to say two words every five years. Very quiet. Except of course for snow machines. Pool and hot tub.

14 hours ago, slomo said:

At a nearby monastery with a good view of the trails hosted by  a community of monks striving to live a simple, genuine and full monastic life according to the Scriptures. Members here are only allowed to say two words every five years. Very quiet. Except of course for snow machines. Pool and hot tub.

Owned sound motor inn? 

14 hours ago, slomo said:

So this guy, feeling the calling,  decides he wants to become a priest, but so strong are his convictions that any old religious order won't do....he shops around until he finds one that he feels is parallel with his own fervent beliefs. The monastery he joins is dedicated to helping the poor and elevating the living conditions of those who are in need. Members take a vow of silence and are only allowed to speak two words, every five years. As you might imagine, quite a lot of thought goes into the two words chosen and the 'two word events' are highly anticipated among cloister.

Our man, after having taken his vows, ridding himself of  his worldly possessions, throws himself head long into the work of the monastery, tireless helping the poor and less fortunate. Five years pass before he knows it and he is summoned to the the main hall of the monastery to speak his two words. A bishop in attendance nods and says "speak my son". Everyone leans forward to hear him say "food bad". The bishop nods again and everyone goes back to work.

For the next five years, our man redoubles his efforts toward the good works of the monastery, time flies by, and once again it is time for his two words. This time his words are "roof leaks".

At fifteen years, after the bishop's nod, the monk's two words are "bed hard".

At the twenty year mark, there is great anticipation as to what two words will be forthcoming at this point. The large hall at the monastery overflows as everyone crowds in to hear what they might be. There is silence, the bishop nods and says "speak my son".

The reply is "I quit!".

The bishop "Well, it's about time. Twenty years here and all you've done is complain!" .

23 hours ago, Carm said:

Planning on riding from Orangeville to Tobermory on Friday, hopefully the warm up/rain on Thursday doesn't hurt the trails...

Any locals know why some of the trails are showing red? Land owner issues or trails just have not been groomed yet?

Tobermory.PNG

The B 107 going towards Wiarton is groomed,signed and staked. Not sure why it's not open. I have passed that on. Up the Pennisula, I know the west side is landowner/bridge issue but cannot comment otherwise. Wiarton has groomer issues again???

3 hours ago, Faceman said:

The B 107 going towards Wiarton is groomed,signed and staked. Not sure why it's not open. I have passed that on. Up the Pennisula, I know the west side is landowner/bridge issue but cannot comment otherwise. Wiarton has groomer issues again???

Don't say that.  I'm planning on riding there tomorrow!!!  Geez Faceman.

Come on IQ I'm curious to see the pics.

Archived