Trails

Does anyone know if the trails around St Clements will be open by the weekend or is there not enough snow to start packing or grooming the trails?

9 hours ago, vintagecat said:

Does anyone know if the trails around St Clements will be open by the weekend or is there not enough snow to start packing or grooming the trails?

The trails were packed yesterday by the groomer. At my place in Heidelberg you can see the dirt spots on the trail. They won't likely open them until they actually groom them but their doesn't look to be enough snow on them here to actually groom. I will post here if I see or hear anything. The people in charge will get ahold of me to take down the trail closed signs when they open. The club would like to have the trails open for Wing Night this Friday if possible but they won't open if there isn't enough snow.

If you want to get out for a ride I would suggest trailering to Conestoga Lake. There is usually more snow the further North and west you go from here.

Unfortunately the St. Clements trails won’t be opening until we receive another good dumping of snow. Wind blown plowed fields have dirt showing and winter wheat doesn’t have enough snow on it to protect it from sled traffic. We would love to have the trails open for Wing Night on Friday but we just don’t have enough snow. Lots of delicious wings though!!!

Definitely the right decision based on what I saw on my side today. Starting the drool for some 40 Creek wings on Friday night. Oh and some of those fries to!

can we park truck and trailer at conestoga lake?

25 minutes ago, capster59 said:

can we park truck and trailer at conestoga lake?

Best place to park IMO is on sideroad 15 where the trail crosses. If you go up highway 86 to the first corner west of Dorking (small restaurant on the corner) and turn right you will be on sideroad 15. Follow it about 3-4 km (past the first road crossing) to where the trail crosses and park on the side of the road. Always seems to be trailers parked there and that road isn't very busy with traffic. You can zoom in on the ITG to see exactly where I'm talking about.

• 1 month later...

Three of us sled packed all the St. Clements trails this afternoon The snow was packing very well. As we arrived back at the clubhouse we met the groomer coming from the south panning the trail and intending to cover all the trails at least one pass today.. With a bit of snow tonight and the real cold temps tonight we have the makings of a great base started. We need another good dumping and the SCSC trails would be very close to rideable.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Three of us sled packed all the St. Clements trails this afternoon The snow was packing very well. As we arrived back at the clubhouse we met the groomer coming from the south panning the trail and intending to cover all the trails at least one pass today.. With a bit of snow tonight and the real cold temps tonight we have the makings of a great base started. We need another good dumping and the SCSC trails would be very close to rideable.

Thanks for the hard work PLC. Fingers crossed. We may get that chance yet..B)

4 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Thanks for the hard work PLC. Fingers crossed. We may get that chance yet..B)

Ride to march wing night. Be a real big night. 

Thanks to plc and crew for trying to get things started. We are in same vote here in Baden area. Need one more good dumping of snow. New Hamburg to Stratford could be open soon I think. 

St Clements Trails are open. Clubhouse will be open Saturday and Sunday.

Please check the ITG as some of our neighbours haven't been able to open theirs yet but with tomorrows snow we should see more.

10 hours ago, woodzi said:

Newbie here.  Can I park a trailer at the clubhouse? 

Plan A is to hit the trails directly from Winterbourne, but if they don’t open, I plan to trailer to some that are open. 

Yes you can, a simple once a year family membership is required for staging parking access. Can park over night too. Last time I had one think it was 15 for season. 

13 hours ago, woodzi said:

Newbie here.  Can I park a trailer at the clubhouse? 

Plan A is to hit the trails directly from Winterbourne, but if they don’t open, I plan to trailer to some that are open. 

Yes, you can park at the clubhouse. As Viperules has stated, we do ask that you become a club member. A season membership is $10.

Clubhouse will be open Saturday and Sunday.

A pile of trails have changed colour today in southwestern Ontario. We aren't landlocked any more. Get out and ride.

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, you can park at the clubhouse. As Viperules has stated, we do ask that you become a club member. A season membership is $10.

Clubhouse will be open Saturday and Sunday.

That is a great deal. Have to come in and re new my membership. No longer have trails to my door. 

8 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Get out and ride. Forecast for the south sucks again..:rotflmao:

Yes I will. You going to Cochrane in march by any chance? 

Archived