Shelburne Durham Markdale

coolbane

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Going to be water and unfrozen ground sitting under this snow.

Exactly. It’s going to take another miracle for the south to reopen. Next week won’t help

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Exactly. It’s going to take another miracle for the south to reopen. Next week won’t help

Map just shows Markdale opened

17 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Going to be water and unfrozen ground sitting under this snow.

That is right. Brutal weather. My friend has been working all winter. Can’t remember last time there was no frost in ground. He says it is very easy digging this winter. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

That is right. Brutal weather. My friend has been working all winter. Can’t remember last time there was no frost in ground. He says it is very easy digging this winter. 

I just heard this from dad the other day. No frost in the ground in the south. It’s going to go quick next week

If the guys in Southern Ontario are lucky, they may get out for a rip this weekend but by the looks of the 14 day its over south of Muskoka.  

1 minute ago, scottyr said:

If the guys in Southern Ontario are lucky, they may get out for a rip this weekend but by the looks of the 14 day its over south of Muskoka.  

this would’ve been nice to enjoy for another few weeks or so. I’m plowing snow until Saturday, then have the kids this weekend so can’t ride. Rain and warm weather all next week. Your right, it’s over after this weekend. The kids only last like 30mins and then want to go back inside. Hey, I’m not complaining, the wife and I did about 1700kms in the south this season. I’d be fine with spring right now!

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Next time take a three week trip for us ok!  Looks like that is case. March break use to be steller in mitchell area going back 15 years ago. Use to get to end of March most times. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

25 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Next time take a three week trip for us ok!  Looks like that is case. March break use to be steller in mitchell area going back 15 years ago. Use to get to end of March most times. 

Yup.   The one week that there were trails to ride from my house I was sitting on a beach.   2020/21 may be the season I dont buy an ontario permit.    I have about 2000kms on in Quebec and have at least 2 more weekends booked there.   

one of my employees said the roads in Mount Forest are terrible and he is staying home, hope to get out again this weekend but as mentioned the warm up starts Sunday.

did get out once last year so no complaining about the 600+ miles this year.

• Like 1

Hard to believe how much snow has melted in the last 12 hours.   I would say that the seaon is done everywhere south of North Bay.    Next week is even warmer than this week.   

Maybe but 5 weekends open from a couple hours from my house or closer.I would say that's a pretty good season. Best in 4 or 5 years .Over 2000kms on local trails. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Hard to believe how much snow has melted in the last 12 hours.   I would say that the seaon is done everywhere south of North Bay.    Next week is even warmer than this week.   

Yeah even yesterday morning to afternoon was a big difference. Made it back to truck by 4 pm and trails had allot of bare spots that wasn’t there in morning. Years ago we use to ride without our jackets on, on remaining base for a good week. Now gone in a day. So depressing. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

We didn’t plan on traveling at all this year. Only riding from home. And we got to do just that and some pretty flat trails. The only thing that sucked this year, was not being able to open the garage door and leave right from home due to the GRCA trails not opening up. That multi-use is at the end of our street. Hopefully next year they’ll come to an agreement. So technically we did travel this year, but only to belwood which is 5 mins down the road or we left from the wife’s parents in amaranth just outside of Oville where we were able to ride down the road in the ditch about 1/4km to the rail line. I think we did somewhere around 1700kms this season and had told ourselves we weren’t travelling and if we can ride from home we will, and if not then tough titty. We consider ourselves lucky this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

We didn’t plan on traveling at all this year. Only riding from home. And we got to do just that and some pretty flat trails. The only thing that sucked this year, was not being able to open the garage door and leave right from home due to the GRCA trails not opening up. That multi-use is at the end of our street. Hopefully next year they’ll come to an agreement. So technically we did travel this year, but only to belwood which is 5 mins down the road or we left from the wife’s parents in amaranth just outside of Oville where we were able to ride down the road in the ditch about 1/4km to the rail line. I think we did somewhere around 1700kms this season and had told ourselves we weren’t travelling and if we can ride from home we will, and if not then tough titty. We consider ourselves lucky this year.

If I understand you correctly, I think you did very well putting on 1700 km from home considering where you live.

• Like 1

talked to a guy lastnight that tried to convince me that the whole area around Markdale, Dundalk, etc could reopen for weekend...hope hes right but not looking good...our gang did 3600 k this season so far leaving from New Hamburg or Conestogal Lk...

Edited by Diceman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diceman said:

talked to a guy lastnight that tried to convince me that the whole area around Markdale, Dundalk, etc could reopen for weekend...hope hes right but not looking good...our gang did 3600 k this season so far leaving from New Hamburg or Conestogal Lk...

That area is still open. Durham's Facebook page says they groomed last night and the groomer was still out as of 830am.

Wish I had the time to take one more ride.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That area is still open. Durham's Facebook page says they groomed last night and the groomer was still out as of 830am.

I saw that this morning as well, FEB also went out the other night. 

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Guy told me that the areas around Markdale that closed did it to prtotect base hoping that even after 3 or 4 days of warmer temps that it could reopen and get altleast another couple days in...Sunday calling for plus 7.......

Edited by Diceman

hoping for one more Saturday ride there

can anyone give an update on conditions in theses areas...sure its not ideal but wondering about rds or areas that are really rough...hoping to hear all yellow areas are great...lol...deciding if its best to go towards Owen Sound or Stayner way up towards Barrie?

Edited by Diceman

I see Shelburne is red until Dundalk, I hope it changes tomorrow evening, if not I may be done.