Shelburne Durham Markdale

coolbane

13 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

The other thing we saw I forgot to mention was when we were riding through Palmerston, we came across their warm up shack and the garbage can outside (which is nice) was full of empty beer cans. Couldn’t believe it. 

saw the same thing in Mattawa last year as well at one of the lookouts except there was no garbage can there, just tossed all over the ground. 

sure those are they same guys who say they are comfortable riding like crazy because they can handle it...whats 3 or 4 beers on the trails, ...idiots....

I should’ve taken a pic, can was heaped!

16 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

The other thing we saw I forgot to mention was when we were riding through Palmerston, we came across their warm up shack and the garbage can outside (which is nice) was full of empty beer cans. Couldn’t believe it. 

saw the same thing in Mattawa last year as well at one of the lookouts except there was no garbage can there, just tossed all over the ground. 

What do you expect? We have very little police presence on the trails especially in the south and what little trail patrol used to be able to do has been decimated by the OFSC exec. The easier it is for those that want to drink and ride to get away with it, the more of it will happen. JMHO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

What do you expect? We have very little police presence on the trails especially in the south and what little trail patrol used to be able to do has been decimated by the OFSC exec. The easier it is for those that want to drink and ride to get away with it, the more of it will happen. JMHO

x2    and has always been going on along with cannabis      another reason I wear a teck vest  

Saw the same thing this year at a warm up shelter near Dorset. Even worse the degenerates had taken some wood siding off and were using it in the fire:mad: People like that deserve mob justice 

Edited by Poo Man

7 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

x2    and has always been going on along with cannabis      another reason I wear a teck vest  

One year police were waiting inside grain bin by themselves for riders to show up and walk in with a beer. They were dropped off and had no sleds in front. That place use to be full of beer bottles and cans too. 

We quit at 2:30pm today. Sun went away and it got pretty chilly again. Started in belwood again, went over to Oville, up rail line into shelburne, over to primrose and back down to Oville then home. Trails were absolutely mint everywhere again. Logged 170kms and even that was enough for me today. Couple idiots out there, but it’s to be expected. Sorry, no photos today, too cold. Primrose was beauty! 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

One year police were waiting inside grain bin by themselves for riders to show up and walk in with a beer. They were dropped off and had no sleds in front. That place use to be full of beer bottles and cans too. 

That right there is why I never stop there. Usually overcrowded and littered w empties!!

Beautiful day up the rail line from Shelburne 

Dundalk to Markdale was really rough and drifted

north and south of that section was good

less snow in Owen sound than last time I was there 

still

managed a quick 107 miles 

• Like 1

Wife and I did 225kms out of belwood again today. Trail we’re absolutely fantastic everywhere we went. Just mint! Stopped at Drayton chop house for lunch. That place has amazing poutines, awesome rock and roll music and just an overall awesome atmosphere. Couldn’t have asked for a better day! The wind really started cutting through us on the way home though, very windy this afternoon. Hoping tomorrow will be less windy. wife wants a castle now...0D0205D5-6378-495D-913C-B9A7C60185C5.thumb.jpeg.dfbf7f3f040c9511aecb917291c66035.jpegE85BE7C9-33E3-4D40-9E3B-030934FB4F44.thumb.jpeg.fdf22f3a7682e66fdf1dc84f6e1e254d.jpeg8D0B7445-D9EE-4DAC-83F9-7EA60DD3D31F.thumb.jpeg.29911a126df764fb27fe4841e554cdb7.jpegA9F41F34-C529-41FF-B307-A1B03BF7604C.thumb.jpeg.457cc658bc4e022e5dc3bd5ea62fb9d5.jpeg9824F50E-C484-4F01-8F9D-F95F8A34BFCC.thumb.jpeg.240690ed5e58f9417651a71a1581e6cc.jpeg24931244-6E1B-434D-B941-B85BA01CCABA.thumb.jpeg.c7dfb6acd9081269b338aa08718697a1.jpegE5F39076-0F6C-40C4-9947-DA2CA931E51A.thumb.jpeg.aa91596d62603f173c872b8a58f2510d.jpeg

• Like 4

I am sitting in Dominican right now reading these posts and am pretty bummed out as I know the trails will probably be pooched when I get home next week.   

Hmm, weren't those sleds for sale recently? :grin:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yamadan700 said:

Hmm, weren't those sleds for sale recently? :grin:

Still are! Lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I am sitting in Dominican right now reading these posts and am pretty bummed out as I know the trails will probably be pooched when I get home next week.   

Hopefully people stay off on Sunday, but I doubt it. Supposedly ALOT of snow moving in after the warm up. Anything goes at this point..

On 2/14/2020 at 7:46 AM, Baylaker said:

Damn Amish kids!

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Wife and I did 225kms out of belwood again today. Trail we’re absolutely fantastic everywhere we went. Just mint! Stopped at Drayton chop house for lunch. That place has amazing poutines, awesome rock and roll music and just an overall awesome atmosphere. Couldn’t have asked for a better day! The wind really started cutting through us on the way home though, very windy this afternoon. Hoping tomorrow will be less windy. wife wants a castle now..9824F50E-C484-4F01-8F9D-F95F8A34BFCC.thumb.jpeg.240690ed5e58f9417651a71a1581e6cc.jpeg

You mentioned Lake Belwood, can you tell me where this castle is?   My wife would like to see it as well.   thanks...brian

It’s located on middlebrook rd. Just outside of elora. I think the property is for sale, run down house beside it and some acerage I believe.

Edited by Baylaker

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

It’s located on middlebrook rd. Just outside of elora. I think the property is for sale, run down house beside it and some acerage I believe.

Its not very far from West Montrose on Middlebrook going towards Elora.

just curious how the base held up after the warm spell?..sure they are wrong but weather network calling for abit of snow for theses areas so wondering if the season can continue in theses areas...talked to a few guys who said if they get all the snow this week they could be open by the weekend again...not sure if that is just wishful thinking...

I’m not sure about the base, I know the ground is very soft right now.  We woke up to a surprise 10cm yesterday morning. They were calling for 1cm. But it pretty much disappeared anyways. Hourly is showing snow every hour for the next 3 days. This could be the one we need to get another weekend in the south. 

Edited by Baylaker