Shelburne Durham Markdale

coolbane

we rode down from Arthur Saturday and checked out the green sections open by Dundalk, Shelburne, etc...will say although clubs and volunteers  did fantastic work I had a hard time fiquiring out how or what made them green?..if those trails were green the the trails coming from Arthur( which were yellow) were green x10....

• Like 1

We did 570 km total on Saturday/Sunday, riding between Hillsburgh, Creemore, and Shelburne on Day 1 and Hillsburgh, Mt. Forest, Ayton, Fordwich on Day 2. Trails were very good everywhere we rode. Even the roadrunning wasn't too bad. It is sad to see though that there is more and more road running every year. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, Diceman said:

we rode down from Arthur Saturday and checked out the green sections open by Dundalk, Shelburne, etc...will say although clubs and volunteers  did fantastic work I had a hard time fiquiring out how or what made them green?..if those trails were green the the trails coming from Arthur( which were yellow) were green x10....

Thank-you. Each district or club has a different perspective and now everyone flocks to green areas increasing trail use age. 

Finally got out for a good ride today, all the clubs have done a fantastic job of the trails. Started in belwood and went up to markdale. Got gas & Had breakfast at the new Timmies. Nice & clean with outlets & USB ports for your electronics. Then we headed over towards Durham. Pretty choppy & thin (snirty) through Durham, after that though it was great again. Then went down through Neudstat,  ayton, teviotdale, across to Arthur and back to belwood. Very good day. Trails were pritty darn mint the whole way except for Durham and couple other little thin areas. Fields are awesome everywhere! Couldn’t believe it, but they’re better than most bush sections. We definitely needed that today. New helmet is awesome as well. 270kms for the day. Going back out Friday before the weekend rush. 3A386AD3-B76D-4A67-B02A-6460A814C1E4.thumb.jpeg.5d5549ff3249ed241a8cb9ac15b44e57.jpegBA8D73F5-3201-466D-8E57-CFD28AF74773.thumb.jpeg.9b35bde4214b119f7dafc731842def97.jpeg6262CDE8-EAE2-480E-B789-8F95E7A04654.thumb.jpeg.a721050c1a42900d95d318f7bff1804b.jpeg1934FC08-948E-4F99-AE3D-22875AD9DC35.thumb.jpeg.b777d6f40e48d2a8621ebd77a3cd5bb5.jpeg

Edited by Baylaker
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Finally got out for a good ride today, all the clubs have done a fantastic job of the trails. Started in belwood and went up to markdale. Got gas & Had breakfast at the new Timmies. Nice & clean with outlets & USB ports for your electronics. Then we headed over towards Durham. Pretty choppy & thin (snirty) through Durham, after that though it was great again. Then went down through Neudstat,  ayton, teviotdale, across to Arthur and back to belwood. Very good day. Trails were pritty darn mint the whole way except for Durham and couple other little thin areas. Fields are awesome everywhere! Couldn’t believe it, but they’re better than most bush sections. We definitely needed that today. New helmet is awesome as well. 270kms for the day. Going back out Friday before the weekend rush. 3A386AD3-B76D-4A67-B02A-6460A814C1E4.thumb.jpeg.5d5549ff3249ed241a8cb9ac15b44e57.jpegBA8D73F5-3201-466D-8E57-CFD28AF74773.thumb.jpeg.9b35bde4214b119f7dafc731842def97.jpeg6262CDE8-EAE2-480E-B789-8F95E7A04654.thumb.jpeg.a721050c1a42900d95d318f7bff1804b.jpeg1934FC08-948E-4F99-AE3D-22875AD9DC35.thumb.jpeg.b777d6f40e48d2a8621ebd77a3cd5bb5.jpeg

Sounds good. Mrs. Turbo Doo and myself are thinking of starting at the Groomer shed just north of Shelburne Saturday am..

were heading up to penetang to the cottage this weekend, heard conditions were decent up there as well. 

• Like 1

Heading out tomorrow in Shelburne

thx for the update 

Of course we actually have trails and wifey has us booked to fly out on Sat to the D-R for a week.   Guaranteed, the snow will be gone when we get back. 

28 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Of course we actually have trails and wifey has us booked to fly out on Sat to the D-R for a week.   Guaranteed, the snow will be gone when we get back. 

Lol!!! No kidding!!! Have a group of us heading to Cuba on Sunday. I’m stuck on afts this week but leaving first thing sat morning to do a big day loop outta Mitchell before heading out!.... have to satisfy that throttle itch before a week of “off time”:cheers::Drinking2:

8 hours ago, scottyr said:

Ya  that is my fear too     So we were away first week of January     nothing to do then     and my wife and girlfriends are away end of Feb  and so I can get some major  sledding in   Eveyone wins  LOL   I know  off topic  LOL

6 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Ya  that is my fear too     So we were away first week of January     nothing to do then     and my wife and girlfriends are away end of Feb  and so I can get some major  sledding in   Eveyone wins  LOL   I know  off topic  LOL

You have a wife and girlfriends???:mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did 375km starting out of Hillsburgh.  Headed over to Arthur . Had to detour into Palmerston.  Worse trails of the trip. Up thru Clifford to Walkerton. Signage is an issue out around there. Fields were the best. Had a few problems with group. Key issues with a 1200. Not detecting it. Multiple stops.  Secondary clutch bolt shearing on Yamaha.  Replaced on trail. Around Durham into  Mt Forest and back. Got back to trailer at 10pm. Longer day than planned. Clubs did a good job with what they had.

Edited by Motorhead
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Motorhead said:

Did 375km starting out of Hillsburgh.  Headed over to Arthur . Had to detour into Palmerston.  Worse trails of the trip. Up thru Clifford to Walkerton. Signage is an issue out around there. Fields were the best. Had a few problems with group. Key issues with a 1200. Not detecting it. Multiple stops.  Secondary clutch bolt shearing on Yamaha.  Replaced on trail. Around Durham into  Mt Forest and back. Got back to trailer at 10pm. Longer day than planned. Clubs did a good job with what they had.

Now that’s what I really need, a nice long 400km day...

Report so far is trails Dundalk north are  great with snow falling
4-5 cms new show in Owen sound 

met groomer on the 327

the B has been groomed both east and west of the B110

temps -11

only issue so far is iPhone froze and breard freezing to helmet lol guess it needs a trim 

Met about 18

some who have mirrors should adjust them to see the sled behind them wanting by grrrrrrrr

a pretty sweet 112 mile day 

C521F641-EC36-42FE-8397-6F50A3D2D59A.jpeg

527C96CC-A813-4C39-B27A-15A1EA385725.jpeg

Edited by Sledguy74
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, scottyr said:

How much snow is in your area now? We are thin but things look much better above line 86. Seaforth all closed no snow near lake I assume? 

Edited by Strong Farmer

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

How much snow is in your area now? We are thin but things look much better above line 86. Seaforth all closed no snow near lake I assume? 

Its rideable here - head towards Listowel though.

Looks like it’s going to be a bitter cold Valentine’s Day ride tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Looks like it’s going to be a bitter cold Valentine’s Day ride tomorrow. 

Yup

The other thing we saw I forgot to mention was when we were riding through Palmerston, we came across their warm up shack and the garbage can outside (which is nice) was full of empty beer cans. Couldn’t believe it. 

saw the same thing in Mattawa last year as well at one of the lookouts except there was no garbage can there, just tossed all over the ground.